The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Hockey Widow »

The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Go Laughs Go! :lol: ....um.....er..... :eh: :look:

WELL AT LEAST I'M NOT CHEERING FOR MY VANCOUVER CANUCKS TO LOSE! :evil: (like some losers on here :D )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Canucks are worse than the leaves with worse prospects.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BigTuna wrote:Canucks are worse than the leaves with worse prospects.
The prospects of both teams are pretty close, but Toronto probably has a slight edge. Toronto has a lot more picks though which will help them. Long term I could see both teams sucking shit for another 2-3 seasons.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote: Canucks are worse than the leaves
Canucks will be a better team than the Leaves next season.
BigTuna wrote: with worse prospects.
Wrong again tuna breath...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

BigTuna wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Nylander loos great. Don't judge prospects after 5 games.
Yeahno, judge them after 13 games? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Your lil sweetie is about due for another concussion. :D
Oh my 1 concussion. retire him now!
First of many no doubt.

(itsy-bitsy teenie-weenie pretty boy)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Is that surprising to you? The leaves haven't won a playoff series since 2004. The leaves authored easily THE biggest collapse in a game 7 in recent memory. Maybe ever (any of the older guys know of a worse collapse than the leaves game-7 vs Boston??)

I mean, you can easily forgive the Canucks for falling off after years of trying to get over the hump, picking late in the draft. The leaves have drafted horribly, and traded even worse (imagine if they had Tukka Rask, Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, Alex Steen etc. etc.)

They're onto their 2nd rebuild in the last 10 years. The Canucks are entering their 1st since 97-99 and haven't missed the playoffs in back to back seasons since 99-00.

So yeah, good for you, your prospect pool might be ahead of the Vancouvers. All that means is your management team(s) have shit the bed for an entire generation and are not much further ahead than we are.
Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Is that surprising to you? The leaves haven't won a playoff series since 2004. The leaves authored easily THE biggest collapse in a game 7 in recent memory. Maybe ever (any of the older guys know of a worse collapse than the leaves game-7 vs Boston??)

I mean, you can easily forgive the Canucks for falling off after years of trying to get over the hump, picking late in the draft. The leaves have drafted horribly, and traded even worse (imagine if they had Tukka Rask, Tyler Seguin, Dougie Hamilton, Alex Steen etc. etc.)

They're onto their 2nd rebuild in the last 10 years. The Canucks are entering their 1st since 97-99 and haven't missed the playoffs in back to back seasons since 99-00.

So yeah, good for you, your prospect pool might be ahead of the Vancouvers. All that means is your management team(s) have shit the bed for an entire generation and are not much further ahead than we are.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Rocky Dennis wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

I triple that - Tuna time for you to go back out on the boat and come back next year.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/02/ma ... ving-fines

Kadri eventually departed from the leaves' locker room, but not before offering some interesting insider knowledge.

"Diving and making something a little more obvious is two different things," he said.
So is Nazi trying to tell us he's a "performance artist"... rather than an "actor"? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status ... 0759900160
@markhmasters
Babcock uninterested in draft lottery question; instead shifts focus to cap system, says teams should be able to spend what they make.

https://twitter.com/markhmasters/status ... 1086620672
@markhmasters
Babcock: "The teams that make the most money in the league (should) get to spend the most on players. I'd like to get that action going."
Obviously The Cock has contracted a serious case of Centre of the Universe Syndrome.

Hopefully the NHL responds by deciding to count coaching salaries toward the cap. :mrgreen:

... and perhaps counting all LTIRs (Horton) toward the cap after one year?

Okay, I'll just settle on them looking into that Robidas Cap Circumvention thingy.

Or howsabout they just... finally... nail the Leaves for some of that tampering.

"Not fair, we're the worst team in the league because we can't spend $200M-per-year on salaries!"

Dirtay fucking Leaves...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

No way they get a top three now! The fix is in.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/04/02/ma ... ving-fines

Kadri eventually departed from the leaves' locker room, but not before offering some interesting insider knowledge.

"Diving and making something a little more obvious is two different things," he said.
So is Nazi trying to tell us he's a "performance artist"... rather than an "actor"? :mrgreen:
That is why the penalty is for diving/embellishment.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: That is why the penalty is for diving/embellishment.
Yup, odd how self-righteous some people can be.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

7/01/2015 - Toronto Maple leaves traded Phil Kessel, Tim Erixon, Tyler Biggs and a 2nd round selection in 2016 to the Pittsburgh Penguins for Nick Spaling, Kasperi Kapanen, Scott Harrington, a 1st and a 3rd round selections in 2016.

2/09/2016 - Toronto Maple leaves traded Dion Phaneuf, Matt Frattin, Casey Bailey, Ryan Rupert and Cody Donaghey to the Ottawa Senators for Jared Cowen, Colin Greening, Milan Michalek, Tobias Lindberg and a second-round draft pick in 2017.

6/20/2016 - Anaheim Ducks traded Frederik Andersen to the Toronto Maple leaves for a 2016 first-round pick and 2017 second-round pick.

So basically the Leaves have traded Kessel + Phaneuf + 2nd… for… Andersen + 3rd. :mex:

It'll be interesting to watch Andersen go from behind one of the best defensive units to behind the worst.

Yet another promised rebuild cut short at the centre of the universe...
____
Try to focus on someday.