The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lea ... s-debrusk/
Toronto Maple Leaves forward Nazem Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing after being ejected from Saturday’s game for cross-checking Boston Bruins forward Jake DeBrusk. Giving Kadri the opportunity for an in-person meeting with the player safety department means he can be suspended more than five games.
Buh-bye Nazi...
Yep. Very similar to his crosscheck on Glendenning that got him 4 games (angry, retaliatory, crosscheck to the head/face).
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:20 pm https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/lea ... s-debrusk/
Toronto Maple Leaves forward Nazem Kadri has been offered an in-person hearing after being ejected from Saturday’s game for cross-checking Boston Bruins forward Jake DeBrusk. Giving Kadri the opportunity for an in-person meeting with the player safety department means he can be suspended more than five games.
Buh-bye Nazi...
Yep. Very similar to his crosscheck on Glendenning that got him 4 games (angry, retaliatory, crosscheck to the head/face).
I didn’t think the NHL brass had the balls to do that.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

They have no choice but to be tough on him. He is a repeat offender in the Matt Cook sort of way. He wasn't just retaliating for the Debrusk hit but on Debrusk himself for several hits he laid out on Kadri. One of which was a knee and should have been called. But when you have the reputation Kadri does you don't get those calls. Its too bad because the leaves need him. He is one of the few that will at least engage in the physical stuff. He is a selfish player. Sure it looks like he is being a teammate that sticks up for players but at that point the leaves were down 2 and had some pressure going. That cheap shot took all hope they had of tying the game.

Leaves poor defence, average goaltending and no muscle. I loved how every save Freddy made they would say, GREAT SAVE ANDERSSON. They made it sound like he was Vezina himself. But we all know him for the average Fred he is.

They screwed up on signing Nylander to that stupid contract. They could have gotten a 1st and a prospect for him. Now they have to deal with Kadri. They'll never win with him. And Murizan (sp) was atrocious all night. Just like we knew he would be. Dumbass just being Dumbass.
The only HW the Canucks need
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

SKYO wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:48 pm Kelly Hrudey on Nylander:
"He's a very talented player, but I'll be honest....he's awful. I would not want him on my team."
#Leaves
Shoulda sold high on Nylander last offseason, stock plummeting.
What happens next year when he doesn't have an under 5% shooting %?
LOL at thinking Nylander has peaked at 22. Oh boy...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:19 pm Virtanen looking like a good pick after all. The next picks after Jake:

7th - Fleury
8th - Nylander
9th - Ehlers
10th - Ritchie
11th - Fiala
12th - Perlini
Virtanen has 59 career points. Ehlers and Nylander get more than that in a full season.

59 points. LOL. He's a career bottom 6 forward.

In what world is he "Looking good". Canuck fans expected far more.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 pm They have no choice but to be tough on him. He is a repeat offender in the Matt Cook sort of way. He wasn't just retaliating for the Debrusk hit but on Debrusk himself for several hits he laid out on Kadri. One of which was a knee and should have been called. But when you have the reputation Kadri does you don't get those calls. Its too bad because the leaves need him. He is one of the few that will at least engage in the physical stuff. He is a selfish player. Sure it looks like he is being a teammate that sticks up for players but at that point the leaves were down 2 and had some pressure going. That cheap shot took all hope they had of tying the game.

Leaves poor defence, average goaltending and no muscle. I loved how every save Freddy made they would say, GREAT SAVE ANDERSSON. They made it sound like he was Vezina himself. But we all know him for the average Fred he is.

They screwed up on signing Nylander to that stupid contract. They could have gotten a 1st and a prospect for him. Now they have to deal with Kadri. They'll never win with him. And Murizan (sp) was atrocious all night. Just like we knew he would be. Dumbass just being Dumbass.
Andersen has been great. He was fantastic last night. What series are you watching? He's better than Rask.

Are you suggesting Canucks homer and Vancouver resident Jim Hughson is a leaves fan? LOL. good one.

Yes get a pick for an established 22 year-old. Good idea. LOL. leaves window is now.

There are so many people leaves can trade if they wanted to. But keep the fantasies going about how they are a mess and everyone's leaving.
Last edited by BigTuna on Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 pm Leaves poor defence, average goaltending and no muscle. I loved how every save Freddy made they would say, GREAT SAVE ANDERSSON. They made it sound like he was Vezina himself. But we all know him for the average Fred he is.
Was listening to a bit of the game on 650 radio with the Leaf radio commentators,homerism taken to another level,highly entertaining if you can't watch. Hadn't laughed that hard all week.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

dangler wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:06 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 pm Leaves poor defence, average goaltending and no muscle. I loved how every save Freddy made they would say, GREAT SAVE ANDERSSON. They made it sound like he was Vezina himself. But we all know him for the average Fred he is.
Was listening to a bit of the game on 650 radio with the Leaf radio commentators,homerism taken to another level,highly entertaining if you can't watch. Hadn't laughed that hard all week.
Are they bigger homers than John Garret?
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:47 pm They have no choice but to be tough on him. He is a repeat offender in the Matt Cook sort of way. He wasn't just retaliating for the Debrusk hit but on Debrusk himself for several hits he laid out on Kadri. One of which was a knee and should have been called. But when you have the reputation Kadri does you don't get those calls. Its too bad because the leaves need him. He is one of the few that will at least engage in the physical stuff. He is a selfish player. Sure it looks like he is being a teammate that sticks up for players but at that point the leaves were down 2 and had some pressure going. That cheap shot took all hope they had of tying the game.

I didn't think the Debrusk hit was a penalty, but in games like that one where everything is let go it's usually the "loose screw" who will take it the extreme as Kadri did with the stick to the head...

I was wondering if pretty boy Nylander would get his nose dirty come the playoffs, and so far he wins the award for having the jersey least in need of a wash after a game...

What has stood out to me so far in the playoffs is the lack of physical intensity in so many of the series, and wonder if its because there is so much more skill in the lineups today than say when the Canucks were having their string of playoff successes....

Take care...
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

The screw up is Marner he has priced himself out of the Leaf lineup Jim Benning can redeem himself this summer pull the trigger...
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

olpaddy wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:30 am

The screw up is Marner he has priced himself out of the Leaf lineup Jim Benning can redeem himself this summer pull the trigger...
There is zero chance Marner is leaving. I guarantee it. They have the $. And that's without moving anyone. (Which they can easily).
Horton's 5.3 million is headed to LTIR.

This is like those predictions Matthews was going to sign an 8 year/16 million per year with Arizona this July. It's not going to go well for you.

Marner also has 6 (Yes, 6) nationwide commercials right now as a Leaf. Interesting that people love to point out "Taxes", but always leave out massive endorsement $.

Kadri did a dumb thing last night and you know what? Teams will line up to trade for him this summer.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Lost in all of this is Krug is a much bigger loss than Kadri. What a hit that was by Muzzin.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rikster wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:15 am
What has stood out to me so far in the playoffs is the lack of physical intensity in so many of the series, and wonder if its because there is so much more skill in the lineups today than say when the Canucks were having their string of playoff successes....

Take care...
What's a string of playoff successes? :mrgreen:
Anyways, and in my case, I am seeing a less intense brand os playoff hockey-(all together)! Almost, just plain boring.
Yes, less good hitting. No to seeing more skill. At least I'm not seeing much elite skill yet.
Ho-hum, maybe as it goes along........
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Not sure what games you guys are watching...the boston torontoilet game was full on dirty hitting for game 2. Calgary and Colorado was the same. Pitt and NYI have been taking runs at each other for 2 straight now...

Haven't watched any other series though
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

On Matthews 27th birthday in September he will be in training camp with the Arizona Coyotes at the start of the 2024-25 season.n
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau