The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:07 pm
I saw Donny in person a couple months ago, he's definitely built a radio-bod since leaving TV.
I wonder if he still dreams about Eve Plumb?

"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:56 pm I'd smash the fuck outta that
UDL humpin' Uncle Jan's Leg...
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Scroll the first page of TSN.ca and you’ll find 10 different stories surrounding Marner and the contract talk. Hey Toronto, fuck off! The rest of Canada, you know, that vast mass of land beyond the province of Ontario, we don’t care.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:57 am Scroll the first page of TSN.ca and you’ll find 10 different stories surrounding Marner and the contract talk. Hey Toronto, fuck off! The rest of Canada, you know, that vast mass of land beyond the province of Ontario, we don’t care.

You say no one cares, but those Marner stories are getting TSN more clicks and making them more $. TSN isn't in it to cover the leaves the most, they are in it to cover the stories which makes them the most $$$.

The part of the issue is ironically people who hate the leaves. Look at the comments on all stories, people actually clicking on the story and taking time out to knock the leaves in comments. That's the worst thing you can do. Yet Habs, Canuck, Oiler, Sens fans etc keep making that mistake.

You don't care about Toronto? Then stop reading the stories!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:12 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 8:57 am Scroll the first page of TSN.ca and you’ll find 10 different stories surrounding Marner and the contract talk. Hey Toronto, fuck off! The rest of Canada, you know, that vast mass of land beyond the province of Ontario, we don’t care.

You say no one cares, but those Marner stories are getting TSN more clicks and making them more $. TSN isn't in it to cover the Leaves the most, they are in it to cover the stories which makes them the most $$$.

The part of the issue is ironically people who hate the Leaves. Look at the comments on all stories, people actually clicking on the story and taking time out to knock the Leaves in comments. That's the worst thing you can do. Yet Habs, Canuck, Oiler, Sens fans etc keep making that mistake.

...sneers the guy with thousands of posts on a team chat page in the opposite conference who only plays his pathetic team twice a year...
If you need air...call it in
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:09 am
BigTuna wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:12 am

You say no one cares, but those Marner stories are getting TSN more clicks and making them more $. TSN isn't in it to cover the Leaves the most, they are in it to cover the stories which makes them the most $$$.

The part of the issue is ironically people who hate the Leaves. Look at the comments on all stories, people actually clicking on the story and taking time out to knock the Leaves in comments. That's the worst thing you can do. Yet Habs, Canuck, Oiler, Sens fans etc keep making that mistake.

...sneers the guy with thousands of posts on a team chat page in the opposite conference who only plays his pathetic team twice a year...
I never hear "GO CANUCKS GO" chamnts when Vancouver visits Toronto.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

BigTuna wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:24 am
I never hear "GO CANUCKS GO" chamnts when Vancouver visits Toronto.
Well of course not you silly goose. Why the fuck would someone move from BC to southern Ontario.

This is me being kind...
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

All over Twitter is talk of the Canucks terrlble cap situation. How could Benning litter his lineup with overpaid bottom 6 guys and a crappy Myers before he signed his much more important young pieces?
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Marleau and a 1st!

A 1st!

Do go on about how wonderful dumbass is at managing the cap though...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

BigTuna wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:54 am All over Twitter is talk of the Canucks terrlble cap situation. How could Benning litter his lineup with overpaid bottom 6 guys and a crappy Myers before he signed his much more important young pieces?
Funny, all I can see on Twitter/tsn/sn is vapid, uncritical shit that ignores the fact that the Leaves don't have cap space for Marner.

Since the canucks have room to sign Boeser today, and he's not eligible for an offer sheet, I'm not worried.

How are you feeling, Toons? Have you started your 2020 mock drafts?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:26 am Marleau and a 1st!

A 1st!

Sweat, fret, maybe, regret...https://globalnews.ca/news/5664623/rick ... ch-marner/
"evolution"
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

ESQ wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:00 am
BigTuna wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:54 am All over Twitter is talk of the Canucks terrlble cap situation. How could Benning litter his lineup with overpaid bottom 6 guys and a crappy Myers before he signed his much more important young pieces?
Funny, all I can see on Twitter/tsn/sn is vapid, uncritical shit that ignores the fact that the Leaves don't have cap space for Marner.

Since the canucks have room to sign Boeser today, and he's not eligible for an offer sheet, I'm not worried.

So you're claiming places like TSN and Sportsnet, which claimed every leaves RFA was getting an offersheet and leaving for an entire year is biased towards the leaves cap situation? LOL.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

A 1st!

That was not Dubas' signing FYI,. Lou signed Marleau.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

BigTuna wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:39 am

A 1st!

That was not Dubas' signing FYI,. Lou signed Marleau.
Excuses are like assholes Tuna
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

ESQ wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:00 am

Exactly trying to deflect criticism from the whinny Laugh fan base. They can only handle so much before they stop visiting the site.

Tuna, the BIG difference is that the Canucks are not hitting their prime yet. Toronto is fast watching the prime go bye bye because of signing PJ boy and fracking with other FA.

Then you have a stupid GM and an arrogant coach. Still no goalie and your defender got worse. Man you must be beside yourself watching your team implode.