The Official Dave Ayres CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC Veteran

Re: The Official CC "All Thing Leaves" thread

Post by okcanuck »

BigTuna wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pisses me off . I do not want the leaves to get a top 5 pick in this draft. I will cringe to see one of Hanifin , Strome or Marner wearing that grubby sweater , let alone McJesus or Eichel. Oh well, maybe they will keep OneBall Yellow Teeth around to mentor their three good prospects . Other than 2015 1st rounder , Reilley and Nylander the tranny they don't have any decent youngsters .
This why I don't get why folks here are cheering for them to completely shit the bed, we should be cheering for them to win like the Oilers, why the fuck do we want to see a very good young prospect in a Leaf Uni?

Because we know that they can't even tank properly,they'll go on a winning streak and miss the play-offs by about 6 points. We have faith in the most fucked-up pro-sports team ever. Gotta love it.
The leaves are not going to go on some big playoff run here. They are done.

I didn't say "some big playoff run " BT I said a minor winning streak to end up just out of the play-offs to fuck-up their draft position, They won't even get the " tanking" right.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

okcanuck wrote:
BigTuna wrote:
okcanuck wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Pisses me off . I do not want the leaves to get a top 5 pick in this draft. I will cringe to see one of Hanifin , Strome or Marner wearing that grubby sweater , let alone McJesus or Eichel. Oh well, maybe they will keep OneBall Yellow Teeth around to mentor their three good prospects . Other than 2015 1st rounder , Reilley and Nylander the tranny they don't have any decent youngsters .
This why I don't get why folks here are cheering for them to completely shit the bed, we should be cheering for them to win like the Oilers, why the fuck do we want to see a very good young prospect in a Leaf Uni?

Because we know that they can't even tank properly,they'll go on a winning streak and miss the play-offs by about 6 points. We have faith in the most fucked-up pro-sports team ever. Gotta love it.
The leaves are not going to go on some big playoff run here. They are done.

I didn't say "some big playoff run " BT I said a minor winning streak to end up just out of the play-offs to fuck-up their draft position, They won't even get the " tanking" right.
They'll get top 5. Probably top 3 at this point.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Do you think your pick will prosper in your organisation? Or will he loose all semblance of reality and get crushed like an ice cube in a blender of shit...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

rats19 wrote:Do you think your pick will prosper in your organisation? Or will he loose all semblance of reality and get crushed like an ice cube in a blender of shit...
I am confidant a top pick with the leaves is no different than with any other team. Rielly looks great and Nylander will be just fine.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf will be around to mentor the prospects. Great examples for the kids.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
herb
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by herb »

Pretty awesome for Santorelli and Franson to get moved out of that circus to one of the best run organizations in the league, who also just happens to hold down the top spot in the entire league.
BigTuna
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BigTuna »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Phil Kessel and Dion Phaneuf will be around to mentor the prospects. Great examples for the kids.
Both are gone by end of July IMO.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Nice to see the big tuna show up and takes his lumps. Easy to troll, harder to show up when you know you are done. I think the leaves will finally start moving in the right direction, several years too late but I think it was inevitable with the Shanny hiring.m

He let Burke/Nonis team have the yeR and it was all the proof he needed to convince the powers to be that major changes were needed. At least the facade of being a good team has been dropped. There will be a few more years of growing pains but if Shanny does it right there will be a light at the end of he tunnel.

Now if only Benning can get it right moving forward. Do some more house cleaning and accelerate the rebuild a bit. No more of the painful death by maturation.
The only HW the Canucks need
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Only one on here that cheers for them to tank....the real MakeBeLeafer we all know and talks the most about them but who is in denile....

:lol:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:He let Burke/Nonis team have the yeR and it was all the proof he needed to convince the powers to be that major changes were needed.
I've been having a good chuckle over the admission that the Burke, and by extension, Nonis have been a failure.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove [color=#FF0000]Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:53 pm[/color] wrote:
BigTuna wrote:Thread died. I wonder why?
You showed up. I wonder why?

As a Leaf-hater, I'm glad they're doing so well so far!

Why?

Because I don't want them to get too high of a draft pick.

They're doing well because this has been the easy part of their sched.

They're doing well because 20 of their 30 games thus far have been at home.

They're doing well because they lead the league in PP opportunities at home (by a huge margin).

Starting now their schedule gets tougher.

The annual fall of the Leaves will begin any time now.

They will very likely miss the playoffs.

Again.
Since that post the Leaves have gone 5-22-1. :mrgreen:

The Leaves have not won a single road game in 2015 ! :lol:

So Tuna, NOW do you understand why I was glad they were fluking so much early in the year?

See, they truly are the worst team in the league

... yet they won't land McEichel! :thumbs:

And their coming "rebuild" just so happens to coincide with the changes to the draft lottery:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=728795

Beginning in 2016, the Draft Lottery will be utilized to assign the top three drafting slots in the NHL Draft, an expansion over previous years when the Draft Lottery was used to determine the winner of the first overall selection only.

Three draws will be held: the 1st Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting first overall, the 2nd Lottery draw will determine the Club selecting second overall and the 3rd Lottery draw will determine the club selecting third overall.

As a result of this change, the team earning the fewest points during the regular season will no longer be guaranteed, at worst, the second overall pick. That club could fall as low as fourth overall.
The Leaves will be cellar-dwellers for years to come and the "rebuild" will fail.

Ain't life grand!! :santa:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The last hope...

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

there's nothing to repo

Pernicious nonsense

Leaves

Lobotomy

Leaves

So immoral working on the thing can drive you mad.

Leaves
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Arachnid »

Hahahahahaha...that's some damn funny shyte righ' that boi...Silly too

http://news.nationalpost.com/2015/02/26 ... s-captain/

Princess will be traded come Monday :D
Last edited by Arachnid on Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Chris Johnston ‏@reporterchris
BREAKING: The #leaves have acquired Nathan Horton from #CBJ for David Clarkson.
Wow, mission impossible... :shock: