Bertuzzi-Moore Saga

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Bertuzzi-Moore Saga

Post by ClamRussel »

From CKNW:
BREAKING: an out of court settlement has been reached in Steve Moore's lawsuit against former Vancouver Canuck Todd Bertuzzi after a March 2004 career-ending attack
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Bertuzzi-Moore Saga

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The potential problem with the settlement, Moore wants his day in court.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

"One of Todd Bertuzzi's lawyers has confirmed that a "firm and binding settlement" has been reached"

Yay - it's over. Good for Bert to finally get this done.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Chain of events that marked the end of the West Coast Express...
http://blogs.theprovince.com/2014/08/19 ... -scrutiny/
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

10 years Clamchops! 10 loooooooong facking years!

Put an honour ring on it, it's over!
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Too bad we will never know who paid what. Glad for Bert it's over. Glad for Moore too, ten years is a long time. Hope they both get to just get on with it. Wonder if Bert gets one more contract?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Let the healing begin
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

This has always pissed me off. How the media put all the blame on Bertuzzi...then a little bit to the NHL...perhaps a wee bit to Moore...May and Crawford (but not Granato)..then ultimately takes shots at the fans (the blood thirsty mob demanding revenge).

Out of all that there is one element that was despicable in the build up to this night yet remains blame free.

The media

To this day I am shocked Danson didn't name The Province in the suit. Leading up to the big night the Province ran a countdown every day w/ a photo of Moore (that may or may not have had crosshairs or at least a bullseye on Moore's face...something to that effect). They were hyping the hell out of the 'big event'. The TV media were all over this going back & forth between teams to get juicy quotes & build up more animosity. This was like troublemakers in high school trying to stir up a fight for after school entertainment. I'm not throwing blame on the media but they can stop waving their self-righteous finger at the fans any day now. They were just so innocent in all this and "appalled" at what they saw...ya, just like everyone else when they realized how bad it turned out. Then they immediately removed themselves from the incident. There is plenty of blame to go around & they are far from innocent here.

http://www.vancouversun.com/touch/sport ... rel=830270
Last edited by ClamRussel on Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

...but not so fast say's the Moore camp.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459848
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I love this part by Steve's brother:

"I got a text message from Steve last night and he's very concerned," Mark Moore told TSN. "He says there is no deal yet and isn't sure what to do about all the media speculation.

"Because of the injury he has trouble making decisions and so he doesn't know how to handle the media."

I actually laughed that they are still playing up how bad off he is. A guy who helped them in significant ways with a family business matter and was paid over $100,000 in compensation, of which they claimed they only gave to him as a gesture for what he tried to do.

Sounds like this is a perfect case for non binding mandatory face to face mediation. Bert and Moore have to get into a room together. It is highly unusual for one side to be so emphatic and come out publically to say there is an agreement. Lawyers can get disciplined for that if it's not true. I have to think there is a big misunderstanding. Or Steve is so injured he agreed to the settlement then got confused and forgot??
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote:Granato
I'll never forget how Granato (infamous for his cuntness) kept putting the #1 PP out there....

... in a blow-out...

.. in a hugely built-up heavily-billed "Grudge Match" (yeah I know it wasn't the first game after Moore-Naslund)

AND kept putting Moore out there while the crowd was screaming for blood.

Moore blood.

There's no question Granato was trying to stir the pot.

And no question he did a great job of dat dere.

Not blaming him for Bertuzzi's actions of course.

You're right about The Province stirring things up, but they weren't the only media to do so.

Twas being stirred everywhere.

I distinctly remember an american station (ABC?) picking up the game solely because of the revenge angle.

Pre-game they showed the Moore hit on Naslund and talked about how the Canucks might extract revenge.

The media was quite looking forward to Moore blood indeed!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:I love this part by Steve's brother:

"I got a text message from Steve last night and he's very concerned," Mark Moore told TSN. "He says there is no deal yet and isn't sure what to do about all the media speculation.

"Because of the injury he has trouble making decisions and so he doesn't know how to handle the media."

I actually laughed that they are still playing up how bad off he is. A guy who helped them in significant ways with a family business matter and was paid over $100,000 in compensation, of which they claimed they only gave to him as a gesture for what he tried to do.

Sounds like this is a perfect case for non binding mandatory face to face mediation. Bert and Moore have to get into a room together. It is highly unusual for one side to be so emphatic and come out publically to say there is an agreement. Lawyers can get disciplined for that if it's not true. I have to think there is a big misunderstanding. Or Steve is so injured he agreed to the settlement then got confused and forgot??
Moores are weasels.
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Who gives a shit on this anymore.

Is it that slow in summer to have this?

Come on Moores your family 10 minute of fame is over, time to move on.