McDavid vs Eichel

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

McDavid vs Eichel

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You jack asses are talking boring shit this summer. Just got back from a 2 week vacation in California and the scene around here is abysmal. The best thing I've read all summer is ODB's Pie Hoarding at Burger King. Might have something to do with Betmax's posting quantity vs posting quality and Doc ModLove the enabler egging him on instead of reigning him in. Anyhow, Team Canada and Team USA just held their Summer Development Camps. In 2 games McDavid had 1 goals and 1 assist and in 2 games Eichel had 1 goal and 7 assists, apparently Eichel put on an absolute clinic in his games looking like a man amongst boys, especially against Team Sweden. I'm not so sure that McDavid has no. 1 wrapped up. Small stature compared to Eichel, McDavid tries to play the Crosby style game but doesn't have that cannonball low centre of gravity making it impossible to knock Crosby off the puck, McDavid is far too easily knocked off the puck. Eichel on the other hand possesses extreme high hockey IQ in that Mario Lemieux/Pat Kane kind of way, seperates himself from check in a similar fashion as those two, extremely patient with the puck, sees and anticpates the play really well and is an amazing skater. Hate to say it Canada, but Eichel will most likely be the better NHL'er.

Apparently the Canadian kids got a severe beat down by the Czecks in the last game.

Bo Horvat looked good apparently - http://stats.hockeycanada.ca/stats/team ... ol=1083907
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: McDavid vs Eichel

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Banned.....ayyyye
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

How was Oakland ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

I think McDavid will go number one but Eichel looks amazing as well.

Fuck me but there's never been a better year to suck ass and dump vets for picks than this one.

It sounds like finishing ninth or tenth would be seen as a moral victory for a lot of you guys though. :roll:

Then I get to read summer posts about how we would have won the division if Daniel hadn't bwoken his pinkie in game 14.... :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Rumsfeld wrote:I think McDavid will go number one but Eichel looks amazing as well.

Fuck me but there's never been a better year to suck ass and dump vets for picks than this one.

It sounds like finishing ninth or tenth would be seen as a moral victory for a lot of you guys though. :roll:

Then I get to read summer posts about how we would have won the division if Daniel hadn't bwoken his pinkie in game 14.... :lol:
+1
It would set the franchise up for 20+ years. I understand the whole culture of winning thing but imagine either of those 2 fwd picks or that Hanfin kid even...added to the deep ranks we've acquired and I could see something special developing.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: I understand the whole culture of winning thing but...
Yeah no, I don't think you do bro. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:How was Oakland ?
Malibu
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote:
Yeah no
Well which is it?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doc, the eternal Tony Robbins Optimist
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Yeah no
Well which is it?
Silly Earthling...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

McDavid's Achilles heal is he gets banged off the puck quite easily. It will get a lot harder for him to play his game in the NHL. Eichels slick and cool hockey sense and craftiness will make him a star in the NHL

If I'm picking first overall, definitely picking him over McDavid. I'd even consider taking Hanifin ahead of him at 2nd pick
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

So what are we looking at... at say... 30th overall Dude? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The top 10-15 in 2015 should be a decent pick, much deeper than past years. Buffalo could get both the 1st and 2nd :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wonder how the league would like that.

I could not stomach a season hat saw us getting one of the top two. Couldn't do it. I may feel differently come June 2015 but the time leading up to that would do me in.

By the way, I heard tonight that Bennng did make an offer to Winnipeg for E. Kane. It included Markstrom, Hunter, a roster player a 1st. Stumbling block, Winnipeg wanted the 1st in 2015 and Benning offered the first in 2014 or 2016. Benning refused to offer up the 2015. He was prepared to let this year's first go, if he got a first in the Kesler deal, which he did.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:The top 10-15 in 2015 should be a decent pick, much deeper than past years. Buffalo could get both the 1st and 2nd :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wonder how the league would like that.

I could not stomach a season hat saw us getting one of the top two. Couldn't do it. I may feel differently come June 2015 but the time leading up to that would do me in.

By the way, I heard tonight that Bennng did make an offer to Winnipeg for E. Kane. It included Markstrom, Hunter, a roster player a 1st. Stumbling block, Winnipeg wanted the 1st in 2015 and Benning offered the first in 2014 or 2016. Benning refused to offer up the 2015. He was prepared to let this year's first go, if he got a first in the Kesler deal, which he did.
Wow.

Cheveldayoff must be a complete moron.

Top prospect goaltender + Top prospect forward + roster player + 6th overall pick in exchange for a player who really doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

Nope. Pass. I want your 2015 pick.....which will likely be 15th or lower.

I'm glad he said no to that though.....the Jets would have taken us to the cleaners in that deal.