McDavid vs Eichel

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: McDavid vs Eichel

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The top 10-15 in 2015 should be a decent pick, much deeper than past years. Buffalo could get both the 1st and 2nd :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wonder how the league would like that.

I could not stomach a season hat saw us getting one of the top two. Couldn't do it. I may feel differently come June 2015 but the time leading up to that would do me in.

By the way, I heard tonight that Bennng did make an offer to Winnipeg for E. Kane. It included Markstrom, Hunter, a roster player a 1st. Stumbling block, Winnipeg wanted the 1st in 2015 and Benning offered the first in 2014 or 2016. Benning refused to offer up the 2015. He was prepared to let this year's first go, if he got a first in the Kesler deal, which he did.
Wow.

Cheveldayoff must be a complete moron.

Top prospect goaltender + Top prospect forward + roster player + 6th overall pick in exchange for a player who really doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

Nope. Pass. I want your 2015 pick.....which will likely be 15th or lower.

I'm glad he said no to that though.....the Jets would have taken us to the cleaners in that deal.
Well really a redundant goaltender for us that we likely lose on waivers. A top prospect for us for sure but still unproven at the NHL. As for the roster player, well that would have been the only real lose for us. That and we would not have Virtanen. So I don't see where we would have been taken to the cleaners. I just think Kane in Vancouver would be a disaster for the kid.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Well really a redundant goaltender for us that we likely lose on waivers. A top prospect for us for sure but still unproven at the NHL. As for the roster player, well that would have been the only real lose for us. That and we would not have Virtanen. So I don't see where we would have been taken to the cleaners. I just think Kane in Vancouver would be a disaster for the kid.
Yeah, I think Kane has the talent, and he sure hates being in Winnipeg, but I just don't know that the risk is worth the reward for him unless you are giving up a helluvalot less than that.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: By the way, I heard tonight that Bennng did make an offer to Winnipeg for E. Kane. It included Markstrom, Hunter, a roster player a 1st. Stumbling block, Winnipeg wanted the 1st in 2015 and Benning offered the first in 2014 or 2016. Benning refused to offer up the 2015. He was prepared to let this year's first go, if he got a first in the Kesler deal, which he did.
If the "roster player" is Hansen, that's pretty much exactly the deal I was hoping for a few weeks back.

Everyone who is anyone... :mex: ... agreed that would be a good trade for your Vancouver Canucks.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Giving up Virtanen and Shinkaruk for Bling Bling does not sit well with me. I'm with HW,
Vancouver and its night life and his posse close at hand and Evander Kane is not a good mix.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Giving up Virtanen and Shinkaruk for Bling Bling does not sit well with me. I'm with HW,
Vancouver and its night life and his posse close at hand and Evander Kane is not a good mix.
You're nuts if you think Evander is a party boy!

In fact you've got it assbackwards: Evander is a fitness fanatic.

But no yeah, roll with a silly pic he posted as a joke that went over your head. :roll:

I'm talking about the 2015 1st round pick by the way there Beach Boy.

Markstrom, Hunter, Hansen, 2015 1st round pick... FOR...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Giving up Virtanen and Shinkaruk for Bling Bling does not sit well with me. I'm with HW,

But no yeah, roll with a silly pic he posted as a joke that went over your head. :roll:

No no no. He is most definitely a party boy. The stories I have........

I do think though it is age and with few years of maturity and on the right team with some good leaders he will grow up. I just think he is too comfortable in Vancouver and has built a party reputation that it may be too much of a distraction for him. I mean his reasons for wanting out of Winnipeg.....he wants to be in a real city, says enough. The people I know that know him all say the same thing, this would not be a good fit for him at this point in his life.

I don't question his talent but I worry about his off ice party style. If we got a Kane that was willing and able to change that up ok but I just think we would be asking for trouble. No question his talent and potential are intriguing but.......
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: By the way, I heard tonight that Bennng did make an offer to Winnipeg for E. Kane. It included Markstrom, Hunter, a roster player a 1st. Stumbling block, Winnipeg wanted the 1st in 2015 and Benning offered the first in 2014 or 2016. Benning refused to offer up the 2015. He was prepared to let this year's first go, if he got a first in the Kesler deal, which he did.
If the "roster player" is Hansen, that's pretty much exactly the deal I was hoping for a few weeks back.

Everyone who is anyone... :mex: ... agreed that would be a good trade for your Vancouver Canucks.

Believe it or not I heard it was Burrows, but I have no idea if he had been approached about waiving i.e. see Garrison.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:

I heard he bought Brashears yellow Ferrari for a song cause Brashear has gone broke
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

HW with the correction regarding party boy Kane
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: No no no. He is most definitely a party boy. The stories I have........

I do think though it is age and with few years of maturity and on the right team with some good leaders he will grow up. I just think he is too comfortable in Vancouver and has built a party reputation that it may be too much of a distraction for him. I mean his reasons for wanting out of Winnipeg.....he wants to be in a real city, says enough. The people I know that know him all say the same thing, this would not be a good fit for him at this point in his life.

I don't question his talent but I worry about his off ice party style. If we got a Kane that was willing and able to change that up ok but I just think we would be asking for trouble. No question his talent and potential are intriguing but.......
I tend to run with your rumours H-Dub, but not in this case.

I think he's a young man who is not used to drinking

... so when he does go out on the town, well he can't hold his booze very well.

You don't get into that kind of shape without training long and hard.

Jets fans confirm he is the most fit Jet player (and the most consistent hard-worker on the ice).

You are also off in regards to his reasons for wanting out.

I've been through the real reasons before.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10420&p=210826&hili ... ne#p210826
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:48 pm[/color] wrote:The shite Arm Chair GM trade proposals for Evander Kane here are quite laughable. Nobody here have the right proper nads to propose a realistic offer that would pique the Jets mgmt interest? I'll take a gander, going by the classic - pick, prospect and player here is what I think it would take to get Kane - 2015 1st, Bo Horvat, Zack Kassian

Those who keep offering up shit packages consisting of the likes of a 33 year old Burrows, Hansen, Higgins, Lack, Markstrom should give their heads a serious shaking. There is a no NTC, he is 22, signed to reasonable contract and locked up for 4 more seasons. It would be very easy for any team out there to top most if not all of the shite offers everyone is proposing here
viewtopic.php?p=210829#p210829
RoyalDude [color=#FF0000]Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:56 pm[/color] wrote:
Mëds wrote:To WPG: Tanev + Gaunce + 2016 1st.

To VAN: Kane.

Would that get it done? Is that too much?
Nope

Try a 2015 1st and swap Gaunce with either one of Horvath or Virtanen, throw in one of Tanev or Kassian and deal gets done
:mrgreen: :wink: :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

One of the reigning members of the Clark Park urban myth - Doc, archives me! Love it
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:The top 10-15 in 2015 should be a decent pick, much deeper than past years. Buffalo could get both the 1st and 2nd :mrgreen: :mrgreen: wonder how the league would like that.

I could not stomach a season hat saw us getting one of the top two. Couldn't do it. I may feel differently come June 2015 but the time leading up to that would do me in.

By the way, I heard tonight that Bennng did make an offer to Winnipeg for E. Kane. It included Markstrom, Hunter, a roster player a 1st. Stumbling block, Winnipeg wanted the 1st in 2015 and Benning offered the first in 2014 or 2016. Benning refused to offer up the 2015. He was prepared to let this year's first go, if he got a first in the Kesler deal, which he did.
Wow.

Cheveldayoff must be a complete moron.

Top prospect goaltender + Top prospect forward + roster player + 6th overall pick in exchange for a player who really doesn't want to be in Winnipeg.

Nope. Pass. I want your 2015 pick.....which will likely be 15th or lower.

I'm glad he said no to that though.....the Jets would have taken us to the cleaners in that deal.
Well really a redundant goaltender for us that we likely lose on waivers. A top prospect for us for sure but still unproven at the NHL. As for the roster player, well that would have been the only real lose for us. That and we would not have Virtanen. So I don't see where we would have been taken to the cleaners. I just think Kane in Vancouver would be a disaster for the kid.
Just because he is 3rd on our depth chart does not make him w/o value. Now that Jones is entrenched in LA, Markstrom is certainly one of the top NHL-ready G prospects out there. He's redundant here only because of the Miller signing but he would be no.2 in Winnipeg and likely 1 in due time. All prospects are unproven but Shinkaruk still ranks high and projects to be a sniper. Throw in Hansen & a 1st...not so sure they'll get a better package than that to meet their current & future needs. do we now if it was our 1st or Anaheim's? Perhaps Philly will go hog-wild & give them Laughton/Read/1st or the Schenn brothers + 1st, wouldn't surprise me. Or Couturier + + ?
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Strangelove wrote:Image
I wasn't aware Bobby-Lu was a World Champion boxer.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote: I wasn't aware Bobby-Lu was a World Champion boxer.
They all look the same to you EH? :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.