McDavid vs Eichel

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: McDavid vs Eichel

Post by BurningBeard »

herb wrote:A lot of parents I know don't want their kids playing hockey because of the dreaded c word.

Although, kids get concussions playing soccer and hucking their bikes of sweet jumps too.
I don't know what these kids are doing nowadays, but I've never gotten a concussion from a c*nt. Maybe I'm doing something wrong...
Last edited by BurningBeard on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What's wrong? Dumb society nowadays, all human beings must be protected from theirselves. :stupid:

I guess without a concussion you'll live forever, i didn't realized that either doing too many things wrong.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:McDavid's Achilles heal is he gets banged off the puck quite easily. It will get a lot harder for him to play his game in the NHL. Eichels slick and cool hockey sense and craftiness will make him a star in the NHL

If I'm picking first overall, definitely picking him over McDavid. I'd even consider taking Hanifin ahead of him at 2nd pick
:lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

LOL classic Chef Boi RD
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:The sky is falling , the sky is falling !!!!!!!
Just cruising old posts. The Yanks are going to crush us. :D It seems we won the gold this year at WJC. Funny to read back and see how right or wrong we can all be at forecasting.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:McDavid's Achilles heal is he gets banged off the puck quite easily. It will get a lot harder for him to play his game in the NHL. Eichels slick and cool hockey sense and craftiness will make him a star in the NHL

If I'm picking first overall, definitely picking him over McDavid. I'd even consider taking Hanifin ahead of him at 2nd pick
:lol:
You got to catch him first. If you are confused as to where he is look for the guy in front of your net with his arms raised. Eichel over McDavid??? You got to be kidding or hungover badly.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

RoyalDude wrote:One of the reigning members of the Clark Park urban myth - Doc, archives me! Love it
I was in Oakalla with some Clark Park guys back in the early 70's. They could play handball. Most of the serious shit going down back then was the Palmer brothers, the HA and assorted unknown Asian gangbangers. The city was made up of areas that did not connect. I grew up off Powell Street by the Princeton and my first wife was from U-Hill. She met me in the first time where I lived on Wall street and she swore it was the first time she was ever east of Cambie except for the PNE. Is it still like that or more homogenized with a Chinese flavour?

I guess it is off topic but I miss home.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote: I guess it is off topic but I miss home.
You Can't Go Home Again.

(unless you have a time machine)

Seriously, it's changed that much.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I know folks near Dunbar who never travel east of Oak
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I grew up in the nice insulated, middle class neighbourhood of north Vancouver but it was the area of main and Hastings that put food on the table and a roof over our heads. Love that part of town. My mom used to work at the CIBC across from the Princeton Hotel at Powell and Victoria. Worked there for years. It's now a JJ Bean. It was the most robbed bank in British Columbia. We used to visit the Chinese diner beside the CIBC all the time as kids and then wander down and hang out an orange building at main and Powell. Most kids in my neighbourhood spent there days at country clubs while we hung out down there getting to know some interesting characters.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Yaletown/Downtown chick but I can't afford it much longer. Bought a condo in East Vancouver, Hastings and Campbell. Gotta wait three more years though. Hope the Canucks win a cup by then so I can enjoy the parade.

Here's to gentrification, I hope.
The only HW the Canucks need
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:
damonberryman wrote: I guess it is off topic but I miss home.
You Can't Go Home Again.

(unless you have a time machine)

Seriously, it's changed that much.
Thanks for the feedback. i had heard it changed a lot. I am coming out at the end of Sept so will see I guess. My grandma and I used to walk all the way to the Safeway on Ist and Commercial to shop. There was a cereal called Jets which I loved and she always got for me. She lived as a caretaker at McKenzie Barge and Derrick at the foot of Victoria Drive. Her bookie was always at the Princeton and Andy's butcher shop was across the street as well as a barber shop where my grandpa got his hair chopped. I would go with him and read all the police gazettes and stare at photos of murders. Is the Princeton still there? If it is I will visit for sure.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote:I would go with him and read all the police gazettes and stare at photos of murders.
:shock:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Fuck is it just me or is the berry-man not "The Most Interesting Man in the World"?

I am dying to smoke a giant non-stop fattie with him and 3 park avenue ho's while croozin' around the seedie neighbourhoods of the big apple with him at the wheel...
If you need air...call it in
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Princeton was always a favourite. The guys that supplied feild gear to bush camps had their warehouse new it and we'd always stop in for a couple of glasses.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.