Canucks to make the 2014/15 Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Canucks to make the 2014/15 Playoffs

Post by SKYO »

Gotta beat the WEST, and that means the Avalanche, Stars, Blackhawks, Kings, Coyotes, Ducks, Sharks and the most important Blues jk.

oh yeah the scrap heap Flames/Oilers.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks to make the 2014/15 Playoffs

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks will be a better team and should be in contention for the 7th and 8th spots but it ain't gonna be easy as pretty much every team improved especially the ones we will be competing for those last spots with, Minnesota with Vanek, Dallas with Spezza. Even the non playoff teams of last season won't be easy to get past. No guarantees, but I don't care, I'm just looking forward to what looks like a major improvement in heart and desire with this group, the next few years should be exciting with this great group of young players coming up in the system and what seemingly is the right kind of coach to bring in the new core. Love it!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

It's been a while since we've been in a good ol' fashioned playoff race!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:The Canucks will be a better team and should be in contention for the 7th and 8th spots but it ain't gonna be easy as pretty much every team improved especially the ones we will be competing for those last spots with, Minnesota with Vanek, Dallas with Spezza. Even the non playoff teams of last season won't be easy to get past. No guarantees, but I don't care, I'm just looking forward to what looks like a major improvement in heart and desire with this group, the next few years should be exciting with this great group of young players coming up in the system and what seemingly is the right kind of coach to bring in the new core. Love it!
Yup the West will be a big beastly conference, much like the NBA, full of champs, should prep' the nucks all season long with hardy games...
Cornuck wrote:It's been a while since we've been in a good ol' fashioned playoff race!
ONE year Cornuck!!!

This team resides on an healthy Sedin lineup, they healthy, like the Kopitar/Kane/Toews/Perry/Getzlaf - this team rocks.........so protect the twins!
Last edited by SKYO on Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Secret weapons = Bonino - Vey
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote:
Cornuck wrote:It's been a while since we've been in a good ol' fashioned playoff race!
ONE year Cornuck!!!
Seriously? You're going to call last year a 'race'? :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:Secret weapons = Bonino - Vey
Should that be

Secret weapons = Bonino + Vey
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote:
SKYO wrote:
ONE year Cornuck!!!
Seriously? You're going to call last year a 'race'? :D
TORTS......
...../end thread/team.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:Secret weapons = Bonino - Vey
Should that be

Secret weapons = Bonino+Vey[/b]

Yup every team like the Ducks/Kings/Hawks will be putting Beauchemin, Doughty, Keith/Seabrook vs the twins so it's the 2nd line who will win the games.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

RoyalDude wrote:The Canucks will be a better team and should be in contention for the 7th and 8th spots but it ain't gonna be easy as pretty much every team improved especially the ones we will be competing for those last spots with, Minnesota with Vanek, Dallas with Spezza. Even the non playoff teams of last season won't be easy to get past. No guarantees, but I don't care, I'm just looking forward to what looks like a major improvement in heart and desire with this group, the next few years should be exciting with this great group of young players coming up in the system and what seemingly is the right kind of coach to bring in the new core. Love it!
Its bizarro world RD, we are sympatico!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Who are you and what have you done with the REAL RoyalDude? :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
Nobody can be surprised by this Doc.

Once Torts and Gillis were shown the door, the Dude could abide again.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote:
I was thinking the same thing, maybe his Mëds kicked in and this is the normal RD?

But overall I am excited about the future of the team, I still want at least one young guy in the line up this year. Don't know who and really don't care.

Last year was crazy and I do expect a much better season, 4 - 5 more wins and the team would be in a playoff run? Don't expect much in the playoffs but gaining exp.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

I'll be mildly surprised if the Canucks make the playoffs, but I can live with it if I can see the young guys making some progress. In many ways, if they had a season like the Whitecaps - ups and downs, barely holding on to a playoff spot but with lots of young talent that likely bodes for a good future - I'd be cool with that.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

If they had been able to hold onto third period leads they would have made the playoffs. If their PP clicked like 2011 they would have made the playoffs. If they were not decimated with injuries they would have made the playoffs. If just one of those things happened, they would have made the playoffs.

But, they wouldn't have gone far. I don't see them as that far off a playoff team. For three seasons they looked like they were coasting for long stretches, like they knew they were going to make the playoffs and then they would turn it up a notch. But they found out last year there is no sudden turn around.

I think they will be hungry and ready to work for it and I think they do make the playoffs. I honestly can't predict how good, or how bad they will be, until I see them in action. A lot of key changes have taken place. So indonthink they are a playoff team I just don't know how they will stack up. Three distractions are gone, Kesler, Luongo, Booth. One would think that has to change the dynamic in the dressing room. Just don't know if it is too much talent to lose.
The only HW the Canucks need