What does being a "REAL" Canucks Fan mean to you?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: What does being a "REAL" Canucks Fan mean to you?

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:Oh God,

I take it back, I want the Nucks to win 15 SC before I die.
At least 15!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course one every 4 years for a total of 15 cups should get me to the centurion mark nicely, and then some :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Reefer2 wrote:Oh God,

I take it back, I want the Nucks to win 15 SC before I die.
At least 15!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Of course one every 4 years for a total of 15 cups should get me to the centurion mark nicely, and then some :mrgreen:
hmm. carry the 4. divide by 7. multiply by Sedin's shooting %.

By my math, HW is 29. :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Well played Tciso.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Topper wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:Topper's post for example was interesting and I was interested to see some comment about his point of view but by the time you post all your twitter links his post is on the previous page...
LOL, only the last paragraph of my first post in this thread had anything to do with the topic at hand.

Still far more than anything you have written on the thread topic.

If fan is a contraction of fanatic, then there is an implied sense of irrationality to being a fan. Therefore, I do not believe I am a fan in the truest sense of the word.

Hence, I believe Doc is correct in his definition of a true Canuck fan.
what I meant was I would have liked to hear more commentary on this:
Topper wrote:For the record, I was the sole proponent of using the one compliance buyout after the '04 lockout on the very mundane and less than useful at that stage of his career, Trevor Linden.

I was against resigning the aging and mediocre Alex Burrows to his current albatross of a contract.

I saw flaws in CoHo's game and attitude at the WJC and had doubts of his ability in the NHL. Once in the NHL his lack of defensive play was a glaring beacon to me. He also seemed to be a Matt Cooke late hit away from arriving at any real action.

Now MerryPoppins, I do not recall any opinions you have ever had. Have you ever had an opinion of your own?

Betamax, you asked where I stood on Torts hiring. I was firmly on the fence with a wait and see. Change was needed, I wasn't sure that Torts was the correct change. I still believe his reputation from NY was overblown because of Brooks and the NY/National media spotlight he performed under. I liked his comments in his intro to season ticket holders. I thought his comments on Sedin shot blocking were taken out of context, and ran with both in the media and on this board.

Once into the season I noted his coached style of play. I questioned his green light to pinching defence and the role of the centre man to be the covering forward and first forward back rather than rotating the off side winger. I noted it would be challenged by teams that cheat a forward on a fast break as Chicago does often with Hossa. I questioned his dump and chase philosophy when it came to the Sedins.

I did admire that he took full control and responsibility for and of the team. There was no delegation to a clubhouse cadre for leadership. I liked that he used the Sedins on the PK and I hope it continues as they are masters of clock killing puck control and an offensive threat on the PK. (Do you understand any of this MerryPoppins?)
it was actually interesting ...