What does being a "REAL" Canucks Fan mean to you?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: What does being a "REAL" Canucks Fan mean to you?

Post by Cornuck »

Classic example of trolling - you ask a question > don't answer it > People give you some honest answers > You make a bunch of comments about them. Then in classic fashion you provide links to unrelated articles.

It must be summer, because the ice is getting thinner by the day.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

A real fan finds out the Canucks hired Perry Pearn as an Asst Coach, drops everything he is doing and spends the next hour doing nothing but googling Perry Pearn for every tidbit of useful and usually useless info one can find.

In truth, who the fuck knows what a real fan is, but it can likely be tested by how many times you ask yourself, usually after another season ends, "why the hell do I care so much about this team?", and then after 10 minutes of that the addiction kicks in to full gear again and you start searching the Perry Pearns of the world and also try to figure out who'll be on the 4th line in October...obsession with the 4th line is likely good indicator of Canuck fan realness.

;)
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

A real fan is someone who creates a new thread in an internet forum to validate himself.

A real fan is also such a good poster that he or she constantly needs to self-aggrandize, just in case any of the other mere posters didn't catch his or her greatness.

See:
Betamax wrote:The only past I like living in .... is my own, because I know I am guaranteed quality reading. :thumbs:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Cornuck wrote:Classic example of trolling - you ask a question > don't answer it > People give you some honest answers > You make a bunch of comments about them. Then in classic fashion you provide links to unrelated articles.
It must be summer, because the ice is getting thinner by the day.
What the Hell are you writing about, Cornuck? Who here was pretentious enough to first bring up the issue of being a "REAL Canucks Fan?" that "inspired" this thread.

Exactly.

That was the classic example of trolling.

In your mind, is posing a question on this board is "trolling" if you don't provide an answer?

Furthermore, why would I answer my own question when I want to read the opinions of others?

In other words, if I wanted to pontificate my feelings on what a "REAL" Canucks Fan meant to me, I would have had the topic entitled, "What does being a "REAL" Canucks Fan means me."

But I didn't.

If I did meet your "posting standards" and provided my feelings on that matter from the onset, I highly doubt I would be getting some "honest answers" and their own feelings but rather people "make a bunch of comments" about my feelings on that matter. In other words, I wanted to know what other people's opinion on this matter, not what other people think of my opinion of what a so-called "REAL" fan is.

Despite the topic title, like virtually every other thread here goes into various tangents and sub-topics, in this thread, it was related to the main issue of Fandom and how one does or should behave or react as a "fan" as indicated in the "unrelated links." Just revisit the first response, ukcanucks didn't provide an "honest" answer, it was a couple of questions and you can ask him what direction he wanted to go to with his line of posting. 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

I didn't start out with an honest response because there is not much honest about you is there?

You muddy the waters all the time, no one is sure, at least I'm not sure who you are, are you a sock , a former poster. someone banned and back as an imposter. Your explanations are slim and vague, your claims about who you are not believable, you make comments and copy writing styles like someone who has been around a long time and you sound like multiple former posters.

Your topics are never really about the topic you start out with, they seem to be an excuse to talk about other things, Seahawks model for example.

I have know idea where you are coming from and what your aims are. I don't know if want honest discussion or trying to use my words to shine a mirror on your own brilliance.

I don't mind so much exactly, sometimes it's a diversion and can be comical, but it isn't helpful for meaningful discussion. Other voices get lost in the tidal wave of irrelevant material.

Topper's post for example was interesting and I was interested to see some comment about his point of view but by the time you post all your twitter links his post is on the previous page...

It's like we are all in some small pub somewhere around a few tables trying to have a good time and one person has this foghorn voice and one too many beers ...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ukcanuck wrote:Topper's post for example was interesting and I was interested to see some comment about his point of view but by the time you post all your twitter links his post is on the previous page...
LOL, only the last paragraph of my first post in this thread had anything to do with the topic at hand.

Still far more than anything you have written on the thread topic.

If fan is a contraction of fanatic, then there is an implied sense of irrationality to being a fan. Therefore, I do not believe I am a fan in the truest sense of the word.

Hence, I believe Doc is correct in his definition of a true Canuck fan.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote:I believe Doc is correct in his definition of a true Canuck fan.
Yeah bro, the Great Strangelove is... always... correct! :mex:

Wait.... was that some kind of Topperanian insult??!! Image

Okay pal, you asked for it......

EDIT: oopsie meant to ban Topper but banned Betamax!! :shock:

Good Gawd I suck at this...
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote: Good Gawd I suck at this...
:eh:
Strangelove wrote:Yeah bro, the Great Strangelove is... always... correct! :mex:
;)

:mrgreen:
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

... always makes the right move!

:thumbs:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I think a "real" canucks fan is someone who cares about the team through good times and bad. They want to see the team do well and roots for the team. It doesn't mean they can't critique the moves made by management and ownerships and the performance of certain players though. They may not be season ticket holders, rarely go to a game and don't spend a ton of cash on fan merchandise, but they follow the team closely. They watch games when they can, follow the performance of players and checks the scores/results on game nite. The ultimate goal is to see the team win the Stanley Cup, all that we ask for is one stinking Cup and we can die in peace. :lol:

Even if management brings in some garbage players like Boothy and Baltard, they still hope that these players will perform and play well for the team. The team is obviously bigger than any one player, manager and owner and will continue to live on when one of them is no longer in the picture. The Canucks are a big part of the city and the province and a fave pass time for many of its citizens. The team is a popular topic of discussion for close friends and family, co-workers/colleges and even with strangers whom we just met. We are all Canucks. :D
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:
Topper wrote:I believe Doc is correct in his definition of a true Canuck fan.
Yeah bro, the Great Strangelove is... always... correct! :mex:

Wait.... was that some kind of Topperanian insult??!! Image

Okay pal, you asked for it......

EDIT: oopsie meant to ban Topper but banned Betamax!! :shock:

Good Gawd I suck at this...
I think it's only the three of you guys that will miss this re incarnation of GM
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

I dont look up everything about the Canucks, players management, coaches etc.

Been through everything and still remember the SC against the Islanders so I have been here a long time. I dont get excited as much as I used too nor do I get disapointed as much as well.

I will be watching every game I can, I see about 80% of all games.

I have 5 - 6 jerseys and 3 - 4 t-shirts.

When in Japan I even purchased the games to stream.

I go the logo not the players but I want them to be successful of course.

I get pissed off when they lose, well more on how they lost.

I dont follow Twitter, dont care about talking heads on the sports shows for most part.

Does this make me a fan???

Not sure and really dont care but I will watch the team every game and looks at the box score. I will go out to the bar and watch the game. Scream and cheer when they score/win.

I have 25 years left of probablying giving a shit so I hope then win the s/c during this time.

After that I will be too damn old and if they did win I would probably die of a heart attack.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:I dont look up everything about the Canucks, players management, coaches etc.

Been through everything and still remember the SC against the Islanders so I have been here a long time. I dont get excited as much as I used too nor do I get disapointed as much as well.

I will be watching every game I can, I see about 80% of all games.

I have 5 - 6 jerseys and 3 - 4 t-shirts.

When in Japan I even purchased the games to stream.

I go the logo not the players but I want them to be successful of course.

I get pissed off when they lose, well more on how they lost.

I dont follow Twitter, dont care about talking heads on the sports shows for most part.

Does this make me a fan???

Not sure and really dont care but I will watch the team every game and looks at the box score. I will go out to the bar and watch the game. Scream and cheer when they score/win.

I have 25 years left of probablying giving a shit so I hope then win the s/c during this time.

After that I will be too damn old and if they did win I would probably die of a heart attack.
Careful what you wish for. My mother was a die hard baseball fan all her life. The two of us went to Vegas the year the Blue Jays won their first World Series. All she kept saying was she wanted to live long enough for them to win the World Series. Well they did, and she did. Two months later she died suddenly of a heart attack.

So I never say I want to live long enough to see the Canucks win a SC. 15 SC yes, but one, no, not enough.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Oh God,

I take it back, I want the Nucks to win 15 SC before I die.