Fantasy Leagues?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Fantasy Leagues?

Post by Meds »

Just wondering if there are any fantasy hockey leaguers around here, and if anyone would be interested in joining a league? Had a few people drop from last year and want to keep the number of teams at a minimum of 12. Ideally 16 teams.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Fantasy Leagues?

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:Just wondering if there are any fantasy hockey leaguers around here, and if anyone would be interested in joining a league? Had a few people drop from last year and want to keep the number of teams at a minimum of 12. Ideally 16 teams.
I'm interested!
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

mathonwy wrote:
Mëds wrote:Just wondering if there are any fantasy hockey leaguers around here, and if anyone would be interested in joining a league? Had a few people drop from last year and want to keep the number of teams at a minimum of 12. Ideally 16 teams.
I'm interested!
yeah - me too - I run my own fantasy keeper league, and was for 10 years in another one annual hockey pool. The other one has stopped running so I'm looking for one more to join.

Send me the details...if you are interested in joining my league (or anyone else for that matter) - we are expanding from 16 to 20 teams this year - it's a bit complicated to get started, but once you get to know how it works, it's fairly straight forward and a lot of fun. Our buy in is $50/year and everything is done online at your own time.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

vic wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
I'm interested!
yeah - me too - I run my own fantasy keeper league, and was for 10 years in another one annual hockey pool. The other one has stopped running so I'm looking for one more to join.

Send me the details...if you are interested in joining my league (or anyone else for that matter) - we are expanding from 16 to 20 teams this year - it's a bit complicated to get started, but once you get to know how it works, it's fairly straight forward and a lot of fun. Our buy in is $50/year and everything is done online at your own time.
---
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

I have always wanted to join one. I play NFL fantasy every year and I know hockey way better so it only makes sense.

If you have room for one more I would be interested. Would teams be inherited or drafted?
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:I have always wanted to join one. I play NFL fantasy every year and I know hockey way better so it only makes sense.

If you have room for one more I would be interested. Would teams be inherited or drafted?
Teams would be drafted this year, inherited or expansion draft in subsequent years.

I've run this for 2 years, been ironing out the bugs and trying to get a decent system in place. This is the first year we are going to go into a full keeper/dynasty league so it's only fair that we have a live auction and start fresh. Normally I would just do a serpentine draft, but I get too many complaints from people about the draft order, even if it's just randomized I always have to put up with people bitching about their team sucking because they didn't get a top 3 pick. Total BS, and a headache. So auction it is, spend what you want, but if you blow your load on a single player (like 50% of your cap on Crosby....yes it has happened), then you are fucked.....but hey you have Sid. LOL.

PM me for details and/or send me your email if you wanna take a look.