Canucks Add Doug Lidster

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Canucks Add Doug Lidster

Post by griz »

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=456672
Former Vancouver Canucks defenceman Doug Lidster returned to the team as a member of the coaching staff on Monday.

Lidster, 52, joins the Canucks from the Texas Stars where he, alongside Canucks head coach Willie Desjardins, helped lead the team to the 2014 Calder Cup Championship. He served as an assistant coach with Texas since 2012.

Prior to joining the Stars, he served as the assistant coach for the Canadian Women's National Hockey team from 2008-2010, where he helped guide Team Canada to the 2010 Olympic Gold Medal in Vancouver, as well as the 2009 4 Nations Cup Championship in Finland, the 2010 MLP Cup Championship in Germany and a silver medal at the 2009 IIHF World Women's Championship in Finland. Lidster was also an assistant coach for the Women's Team in 2003-04, helping them win gold at the 2004 IIHF World Women's Championship and silver at the 2003 4 Nations Cup.

Lidster was the head coach of the Ontario Hockey League's Saginaw Spirit during 2004-05 and was the coaching director for the Victory Honda AAA hockey program in Plymouth, Michigan from 2005 to 2009. In 2002-03, Lidster was an assistant coach with Medicine Hat of the Western Hockey League.

Prior to his coaching career, the native of Kamloops, British Columbia, was drafted by the Vancouver Canucks in the seventh round (133rd overall) of the 1980 NHL Entry Draft. Lidster made his National Hockey League debut with Vancouver during the 1983-84 season and went on to play sixteen seasons for the Canucks, New York Rangers, St. Louis Blues and Dallas Stars. In 897 career games, he recorded 343 points and 679 penalty minutes. He played in a total of 80 Stanley Cup playoff games and he won two Stanley Cups, with the Rangers in 1994 and the Stars in 1999.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Add Doug Lidster

Post by Rumsfeld »

I'm hammered but I like this addition. Lidster was a character guy and an awesome Canuck.

:drink:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canucks Add Doug Lidster

Post by Hockey Widow »

One thing I gotta hand to the water boy. When he goes for change it's all in. When he let go Nonis and brought n MG it was another cleaning house, whether you liked it or not. Now he let's MG go and BAM another cleaning of the house. No half measures. I like that. He is putting his money where his mouth is, so to speak.
The only HW the Canucks need