THE 2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread (McDavid, Eichel et al.)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you trade the 2015 1st Round Pick if it meant in return an Under 25 year old Top 6F or Top 4D?

Yes - And it would instill belief and confidence in their players and fan base that Management does think they will be a Playoffs team this season (Actions speak louder than words).
20%
No - Too much risk involved if they don't make the Playoffs and lose out on the chance (no matter how small it could be) on drafting a potential Franchise/Generational Player in McDavid/Eichel etc..
80%

Total votes: 15

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

THE 2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread (McDavid, Eichel et al.)

Post by Betamax »

So, for those of you have been following the board, I've had a small disagreement with my good cyber bro, Blob, the past month or so on the rankings/ratings of the 2015 Draft that has spanned across multiple threads. So I figure, it's best to consolidate it into one thread and it could double up on a preliminary look at the upcoming 2015 NHL Entry Draft:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I'm done here. Troll is a troll.
Yes. Please stop trolling this thread.

This is eerily similar to the bullshit you tried to pull in a previous thread where you implied that McDavid and Eichel weren't the consensus top 2 picks in next year's draft and when called out, you wouldn't provide a link to a reputable scouting services that supported your argument and used that lame ass do a "google search" excuse.

:mex:
Umm no i didn't say that GM. I said there were many high end talents coming up in the 2015 draft. Please don't be a liar as well as a troll. If these idiots would stop quoting you I wouldn't have to read your trolling posts.
Uh, this is what actually transpired as documented in the thread cited below ... for the reader's convenience the more relevant points have been bolded:

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/viewtop ... &start=330

by Betamax » Fri May 23, 2014 3:12 pm:
Betamax wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:^^ They'll be getting a lot more playoff revenue if they tear it down and get top value now, before a wicked draft.

Hopefully the Francesco fuckups of yesteryear have convinced him to butt out.
I don't think no matter how hard they try, even if they could re-hire the late Bill Laforge, could they finish with the worst record next season to essentially guarantee themselves one of two future "superstars." 8-)
Now for some reason, a rather disrespectful Blob chirps » Sat May 24, 2014 2:57 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hey Betapus the 2015 draft is 8-10 deep not 2 .
Why the fuck did Blob resort to name-calling when what I stated was virtually indisputable?

Curious that.

Anyway, Betamax replies » Sat May 24, 2014 5:21 pm:
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hey Betapus the 2015 draft is 8-10 deep not 2 .
YOU MAD, BRO? :mex:

Learn to read ... there are two, not 8-10 can't miss "superstar" type players that even the Canucks' Scouting Staff couldn't fuck up if they had the chance to pick either one.

BTW, Don't you open your mouth about the best, or I'm gonna shut it for you real quick!!! TAI ........ Image
Then there were a couple of follow-ups:
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Maybe educate yourself about the 2015 draft. It is compared to the 2003 draft which has produced a dozen star players. The team should be a bubble team if they play up to their potential. However injuries, indifferent play and trading a few key players with an eye on the future should put the Canucks in bottom 5 territory.

There will be ten or 12 stars in the 2015 draft. Your rambling on about there only being two such players illlustrates your lack of knowledge on the matter. Maybe google the names Strome, Konecny or Barzal to name a few.

Stick to puppets and catch phrases from nasally radio hosts.
Maybe you should educate yourself and stop being a whiny little internet dawg with a Napoleon complex and understand that there are two players that stand out from the crowd and are not just projected to be "stars" but franchise changing superstars. Know the difference.

Like the 2004 Draft. :mex:

Or maybe look at the 2008 Draft.
There's a difference between No. 1 overall, Stamkos and No. 10 overall, Hodgson. One a proven "Superstar," the other has a chance to be a "star" player. 8-)
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yawn..... like dealing with a little child. At the moment Mcdavid and Eichel are SLIGHTLY ahead of the pack . The gap betwen them and about 5 or 6 others is narrowing. Some mock drafts have Eichel going 4th with Hanifin going 2nd.

As i said educate yourself and maybe stick to sock puppets and catchy one liners from unfunny TEAM 1040 jocksniffers.
What "mock" drafts are you referring to? The one from those wannabe MSM on the Internet that you religiously follow? LOL. 8-)
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Google is your friend Captain
LINK to the one(s) you feel are credible. Else, you are all talk and no action and just a whiny little dawg. No offense, BTW. 8-)
Anyway, that mythical "google search" to find a mock draft that supports Blob's rather dubious claims that suggested a credible drafting service(s) did not think McDavid and Eichel were projected to be the top 2 picks right now, was and is as likely as OJ finding the "real killers" when he was still a free man and did his search by working on his Golf Game at various courses. That's why when I asked Blob to specifically provide a link to back up his claims, he obfuscated like a poster who got exposed for who he really is. :mex:

I would like to follow this up, and not only at the time of that exchanged did my own "google search" but went old school and yahoo'ed and also bing search it but could not the results that Blob had stated.

Curious that. Seems like a another case of intellectual dishonesty. :(

via: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=724468

Countdown to talent-filled 2015 NHL Draft begins
Saturday, 06.28.2014 / 8:55 PM / 2014 NHL Draft - Philadelphia - June 27-28, 2014
By Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com Staff Writer
PHILADELPHIA -- The conclusion of the 2014 NHL Draft at Wells Fargo Center signals the official opening of the Connor McDavid-Jack Eichel sweepstakes for the 2015 event at BB&T Center in Sunrise, Fla.

In a draft that looks to be loaded with talent across the board, McDavid of the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League and Eichel, who will be a freshman at Boston University in Hockey East, will be the two headliners.
I also did a follow up to see what the current 2015 NHL "Mock Draft" rankings are from some sites and this is what I've found:

via: http://www.torontosun.com/2014/06/26/fo ... -nhl-draft

Forward thinking: Previewing the 2015 NHL draft
By Mike Zeisberger ,Toronto Sun
First posted: Thursday, June 26, 2014 08:58 PM EDT | Updated: Thursday, June 26, 2014 10:17 PM EDT
McDavid, Eichel and Marner are all projected to be top 10 picks in the 2015 draft. And while Eichel’s stock has gained so much traction in the past few months that some scouts feel he might get consideration to go No. 1, the unofficial name for the 2015 draft is “The Conner McDavid Sweepstakes.” It’s been that way for the past couple of years.

Sun Media spent the past few weeks canvassing various scouts, NHL execs and junior hockey officials for their opinions on how the Class of 2015 might play out. After compiling the info, here’s a peek into our crystal ball.

2015 Mock Draft

1. Connor McDavid C Erie (OHL) 5-foot-11, 170 lbs

2. Jack Eichel C US-Under-18 (USAH-NTDP) 6-foot-1, 185 lbs

3. Noah Hanifin D St. Sebastian’s School (HS-MA) 6-foot-3, 195 lbs

4. Kyle Connor C Youngstown (USHL) 6-foot-0, 160 lbs

5. Colin White C Noble & Greenough School (HS-MA) 6-foot-0, 175 lbs

6. Mitch Marner C London (OHL) 5-foot-10, 163 lbs

7. Travis Konecny C Ottawa 67’s (OHL) 5-foot-9, 162 lbs.

8. Oliver Kylington D Farjestads BK (SEL) 6-foot-1, 178 lbs.

9. Mikko Rantanen C TPS Turku (SM-liiga) 6-foot-4, 195 lbs

10. Zack Werenski D US-Under-17 (USAH-NTDP) 6-foot-2” 210 lbs.
via: insider.espn.go.com/blog/nhl-draft/

Top 10 prospects for 2015
June, 30, 2014
By Corey Pronman | ESPN.com
The 2015 NHL draft class contains four elite prospects, although there is a clear separation between Connor McDavid and the next three players. The draft is being promoted as a "superdraft" comparable to 2003, but I think that's a stretch at this point. There are still plenty of question marks on plenty of prospects, as talented as they may be, which is why projecting a draft's strength when most of the players are 16 years old is extremely difficult.
Mr. Pronman suggests it's McDavid and the next three players. As for the top 10 list, well, you have to be insider, and I'm an outsider.

Now, the one link that all search engines returned when I typed "2015 NHL Mock Draft" was this site:

via: http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2015/
by Bill Placzek aka TheREALWiz on twitter (allegedly)

Skip To Round: 1 • 2 • 3
1 Connor McDavid C Erie (OHL) 5' 11" 170
2 Jack Eichel C US-Under-18 (USAH-NTDP) 6' 1" 185

3 Noah Hanifin D St. Sebastian's School (HS-MA) 6' 3" 195
4 Matthew Barzal C Seattle (WHL) 5' 11" 165
5 Colin White C Noble & Greenough School (HS-MA) 6' 0" 175
6 Oliver Kylington D Farjestads BK (SEL) 6' 1" 178
7 Pavel Zacha LW Liberec White Tigers (Czech) 6' 2" 196
8 Mikko Rantanen C TPS Turku (SM-liiga) 6' 4" 195
9 Zack Werenski D US-Under-17 (USAH-NTDP) 6' 2" 210
10 Mitch Marner C London (OHL) 5' 10" 163
Okay, as I journey'ed on to see if there is any 2015 Mock NHL Drafts that supported Blob's seemingly dubious claims, I went as far as searching hfboards for God's Sake, and found a mock draft there from an hfboard user that claims to be an NHL Draft "Expert" aka jawallstar1 (lol) and like the rest of the mock drafts that I could find, had McDavid/Eichel as a 1-2 right now:

via: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showt ... ?t=1656505
REALLY EARLY 2015 NHL Draft Rankings
Okay, so I have gotten a little bored talking about this year's draft, and that's coming from a Buffalo fan!

I have not included Goaltenders in these rankings, so please don't point that out (obviously, I know). I haven't done a lot of research so I was wondering if I could get some feedback and maybe some good sources (I know EP and HF but that's about it) especially for Europeans.

1.) Connor McDavid, C, Erie (OHL)
2.) Jack Eichel, C, Boston University (NCAA)

3.) Travis Konecny, C, Ottawa (OHL)
4.) Mathew Barzal, C, Seattle (WHL)
5.) Dylan Strome, C, Erie (OHL)
6.) Noah Hanifin, D, USA NTDP (USHL)
7.) Mitchell Marner, C, London (OHL)
8.) Colin White, RW, USA NTDP (USHL)
9.) Nicolas Roy, RW, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
10.) Zach Werenski, D, USA NTDP (USHL)
Anyway, as a bonus (at no additional cost), I've added a related poll question of the thread. (How good is that?)

FYI, for the purposes of the poll, an under 25 year old Top 6F, for example, would be someone like Cody Hodgson, a Top 4D would be someone like a Tyler Myers.

Last edited by Betamax on Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: THE 2015 NHL Entry Draft Thread (McDavid, Eichel et al.)

Post by SKYO »

I'd trade a 2015 1st round + for Ryan Johansen.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

SKYO wrote:I'd trade a 2015 1st round + for Ryan Johansen.
Uh, dare to dream. No way CBJ let's him go for almost any price. He's pretty close to being untouchable. Even if the Canucks' went the offer sheet route, which would be a de facto "trading" of the 2015 1st plus more, the BJ's would match, IMO:

via: https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/48400 ... 80/photo/1
James Mirtle Verified account ‏@mirtle

Here are the new draft pick compensation figures for teams signing RFAs to offer sheets. pic.twitter.com/THWfBcmKiU

9:22 AM - 1 Jul 2014
The only offer that might make the CBJ pause to think it over is if a team does an RFA offer sheet that is over 8.410976M AAV, which would return 4 1st round picks, IMO. :mex:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I wouldn't trade the 2015. We need to keep stock pilling good first rounders for the future. I think there will be a good player available in the top 15, no not a franchise projection like the top two, but a good one nonetheless.

Hard to imagine who we could get straight up for that pick anyway. Not enough for Myers and COHO, you're kidding right? It would seem that for a proven top six up front or top four on D it would cost more that the 1st in 2015. This is not the year we should be making that type of move.
The only HW the Canucks need
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Hockey Widow wrote:I wouldn't trade the 2015. We need to keep stock pilling good first rounders for the future. I think there will be a good player available in the top 15, no not a franchise projection like the top two, but a good one nonetheless.

Hard to imagine who we could get straight up for that pick anyway. Not enough for Myers and COHO, you're kidding right? It would seem that for a proven top six up front or top four on D it would cost more that the 1st in 2015. This is not the year we should be making that type of move.

It would be the main piece. Additional picks and/or prospects and/or roster player(s), likely needed to be added.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Obviously it depends what the pick is.

The leaves looked pretty stupid dealing for Kessel, and that's an example of what can happen.

Seguin+Knight+Hamilton For Kessel. Seguin's already a better player than Kessel and Hamilton certainly looks like a top-pairing d-man, already playing 19mins/night.

Knowing we're not likely going to contend. The answer has to be no.

It's one of the deepest drafts in a while. BOTH McDavid and Eichel can be franchise studs. Either one would've gone first overall this season. Noah Hanefin should be a stud... Maybe I should call them "elite" prospects that the Canucks would have an opportunity to DRAFT AND DEVELOP?

Some have compared the draft to 2003, which is pretty much what Blob was alluding to (I believe). Who knows if it will wind up that way, but the Canucks would feel pretty fucking stupid if they traded the pick that became Ryan Suter (7th), Dustin Brown (13th), Thomas Vanek (5th) or any of the other first rounders that became all stars/cup winners/ ELITE FRANCHISE PLAYERS (Seabrook, Getzlaf, Parise, Kesler, Richards, Burns, Perry etc. etc.).

Keep the pick. We're not at the stage of needing the boost of a top-6 player, we're at the point of needing franchise (re: top line, re: ELITE) players.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Hockey Widow wrote:I wouldn't trade the 2015. We need to keep stock pilling good first rounders for the future. I think there will be a good player available in the top 15, no not a franchise projection like the top two, but a good one nonetheless.

I think we are going to be picking waaaaaay higher than 15! Lets go with what we got and hope for the best.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Yawn..... like dealing with a little child. At the moment Mcdavid and Eichel are SLIGHTLY ahead of the pack. The gap betwen them and about 5 or 6 others is narrowing. Some mock drafts have Eichel going 4th with Hanifin going 2nd.
What "mock" drafts are you referring to? The one from those wannabe MSM on the Internet that you religiously follow? LOL. 8-)
Google is your friend Captain.
LINK to the one(s) you feel are credible.
http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com/#!2015-ranking/c1w68

1. MCDAVID, CONNOR LW ERIE OHL 6'0.0'' 185
Report: High octane, rocket fueled, coast-to-coast star will be ready to flash in 2014. Does he have enough fortitude to fight overscouting?

2. HANIFIN, NOAH D USA U18 USHL 6'2.0'' 201
Report: Rare, elite puck mover and shutdown defender all in one package. Steep trajectory - performed better at U18 than U17.

3. BARZAL, MATHEW C SEATTLE WHL 5'11.0'' 172
Report: Sees the ice on an other level with razor sharp puck movement. Outperformed projected ’14 1st rounders at U18 making them look like benders.

4. EICHEL, JACK C USA U18 USHL 6'1.0'' 190
Report: Controversial rank as he's considered CM challenger. Mega, different talent than McDavid will rise in an instant if he shows he can care to wake up.

5. ZACHA, PAVEL RD BILI TYGRI LIBEREC CZE 6'3.0'' 201
Report: Big, strong, elusive, full package offensively. Has a full men’s league season under belt, and U20 WJC appearance. Kid is for real.

6. SVECHNIKOV, EVGENY LW BARS KAZAN MHL 6’2’’ 185
Report: May be a bit high, but wow is he a heavy offensive threat every shift. Shouldn’t be that skilled. Rumored QMJHL bound.

7. MARNER, MITCHELL C LONDON OHL 5’10 163
Report: Competitive, shifty, buttery hands melted cocky OHL D all year. Save yourself the Fabbri-wait; raise him now regardless of height.

8. KONECNY, TRAVIS RW OTTAWA OHL 5’10’’ 170
Report: Explosive in every sense of the word. Exciting, small guy may not be listed size, but no biggie. He will go through you. Great U18.

9. SPRONG, DANIEL RW CHARLOTTETOWN QMJHL 5’10’’ 161
Report: Understated gem carried his young team as a rookie. Broke ankles consistently with no help. Huge potential riser.

10. CONNOR, KYLE C/RW YOUNGSTOWN USHL 6’1’’ 170
Report: American sniper rounded out his game in half of a season. Best US player at U18. Unrelenting offensive zone star puts in the work.

11. WHITE, COLIN C USA U17 USHL 6’0 179
Report: Landeskog-ish centerman with smarts. Always makes the right play. Went bananas offensively at U17 WHC.

12. ROY, JEREMY D SHERBROOKE QMJHL 6’0’’ 183
Report: Smooth, dissects the play well as a puck mover. Showed well as a rookie and didn’t get beat much considering his forte is offense.

13. STROME, DYLAN C ERIE OHL 6’2’’ 179
Report: Yet another bloodlined Strome. Unfortunately will be red headed step sister to McDavid lovers. Pro skillset that is steadily improving.

14. KOVACS, ROBIN RW AIK J20 SUPERELIT 6’0’’ 163
Report: High flying, highly underrated winger. Gears up impressively off the wing. Drops bombs on poor goalies with a heavy release.

15. KYLINGTON, OLIVER D FARJESTAD SHL 6’0 181
Report: Blazing defenseman w/ trick type skill and hands. Not as high as others. Defense is a foreign word to him as he looks like a forward.

*Full top 30 initlal ranking is in the 2014 DraftBuzz NHL Draft Guide.
Google is your friend Captain. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Barzal looks like a pretty good fucking center as well.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Miles above the competition and his teammates in minor hockey, he made Cliff's kid look pretty damn good out there.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Strangelove wrote:Google is your friend Captain. :mex:
Talk about resorting to low hanging fruit when you have to resort to citing a "drafting service" that pretty much no one has heard of. LOL ....... 8-)

Dudelove, what the Hell is "DraftBuzz Hockey" and why should any intelligent hockey fan give a fuck about that site's opinions?

BTW, here was his "Final" ranking for the 2014 Entry Draft.

via: http://www.draftbuzzhockey.com/#!2014-final/c1n56
DRAFTBUZZ HOCKEY
2014 FINAL RANKING

RANK PLAYER POSITION TEAM LEAGUE HEIGHT WEIGHT
1 DAL COLLE, MICHAEL LW OSHAWA OHL 6'1.5'' 182
2 REINHART, SAM C KOOTENAY WHL 6'0.75'' 185
3 NYLANDER, WILLIAM C/RW MODO SHL 5'11.0'' 169
4 BENNETT, SAM C KINGSTON OHL 6'0.25'' 178
5 EKBLAD, AARON RD BARRIE OHL 6'3.5'' 216
6 EHLERS, NIKOLAJ W HALIFAX QMJHL 5'11.0'' 162
7 DRAISAITL, LEON C PRINCE ALBERT WHL 6'1.5'' 204
8 MILANO, SONNY LW USA U18 USHL 5'11.5'' 183
9 VIRTANEN, JAKE RW CALGARY WHL 6'0.75'' 208
10 FABBRI, ROBBY C GUELPH OHL 5'10.25'' 170
Curious that. :hmmm:

BTW, the author of that list is an hfboard user (LOL) and doesn't even mention his name on the website or his credentials to be an authority to charge for his "expertise." No joke. 8-)

Nonsense. Can we get serious?

Anyway, thanks Dudlelove, for your assistance in exposing Blob for who he really is. :mex:
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Fuck this guy is stunned. Gotta love the morons that argue against themselves.

Rational poster:
"Many elite talents"
"A Wicked draft"
"2015 draft is 8-10 deep, not 2."
"ten or 12 stars in the 2015 draft."
"McDavid and Eichel slightly ahead of the pack."

Moron:
"You don't know what you're talking about, McDavid and Eichel are the only superstars availale in the draft! LOLZ U MAD BRO? Tell me I'm wrong!! :mex: :mex: :mex: :mex: :mex: :mex: "

Seriously, the logic and intelligence gap here is shocking. NOBODY is saying McDavid Eichel are not potential superstars, nor is anyone saying they won't likely go 1-2 overall. People are just saying the prospects in this draft are better than those in previous drafts, and there are more high-level prospects available. Trading a high pick in this draft might very well be trading away a franchise player.

Basically, even at 3-10 overal, there is a better than decent chance of getting a possible franchise player. Just because McDavid and Eichel are at the top of the list, does not mean the list stops there.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-relea ... king-2015/
Over the past three years, Future Considerations has been watching the ’97 birth year class develop and mature en route to the 2015 NHL Draft and what looks like a stellar collection of future NHL talent.
The future looks good.

At this stage, the top of the 2015 NHL Draft crop is as exciting as it’s been in recent memory with Erie Otters standout Connor McDavid topping the class, chased furiously by Jack Eichel, who spent the 2013-14 season with the US National Team Development Program. Not far behind the pair of centers is defenseman Noah Hanifin, who served as Eichel’s teammate this year.

But the class doesn’t stop there.

With the draft still a year away, there is even some hope that we will be seeing the best NHL Draft class ever and that the next wave of NHL superstars will soon be upon us.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=725549
A number of scouts believe the 2015 draft is loaded with talent, so much so that it may one day rival the 2003 draft.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Fuck this guy is stunned. Gotta love the morons that argue against themselves.

Rational poster:
"Many elite talents"
"A Wicked draft"
"2015 draft is 8-10 deep, not 2."
"ten or 12 stars in the 2015 draft."
"McDavid and Eichel slightly ahead of the pack."

Moron:
"You don't know what you're talking about, McDavid and Eichel are the only superstars availale in the draft! LOLZ U MAD BRO? Tell me I'm wrong!! :mex: :mex: :mex: :mex: :mex: :mex: "

Seriously, the logic and intelligence gap here is shocking. NOBODY is saying McDavid Eichel are not potential superstars, nor is anyone saying they won't likely go 1-2 overall. People are just saying the prospects in this draft are better than those in previous drafts, and there are more high-level prospects available. Trading a high pick in this draft might very well be trading away a franchise player.

Basically, even at 3-10 overal, there is a better than decent chance of getting a possible franchise player. Just because McDavid and Eichel are at the top of the list, does not mean the list stops there.

http://futureconsiderations.ca/fc-relea ... king-2015/
Over the past three years, Future Considerations has been watching the ’97 birth year class develop and mature en route to the 2015 NHL Draft and what looks like a stellar collection of future NHL talent.
The future looks good.

At this stage, the top of the 2015 NHL Draft crop is as exciting as it’s been in recent memory with Erie Otters standout Connor McDavid topping the class, chased furiously by Jack Eichel, who spent the 2013-14 season with the US National Team Development Program. Not far behind the pair of centers is defenseman Noah Hanifin, who served as Eichel’s teammate this year.

But the class doesn’t stop there.

With the draft still a year away, there is even some hope that we will be seeing the best NHL Draft class ever and that the next wave of NHL superstars will soon be upon us.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=725549
A number of scouts believe the 2015 draft is loaded with talent, so much so that it may one day rival the 2003 draft.
My God ..... how many concussions have you suffered over the years, Nucklehead? Image

Nothing, and I mean nothing you stated refutes what I stated earlier:
Betamax wrote:I don't think no matter how hard they try, even if they could re-hire the late Bill Laforge, could they finish with the worst record next season to essentially guarantee themselves one of two future "superstars." 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Your entire first post was calling out Blob for saying that next years draft was deeper than just two players. He's not saying McDavid and Eichel won't go 1-2, he's saying next years draft is one of the deepest we've seen. Could be the deepest in a decade. Will contain many good (re potential superstar) prospects and that finishing in the bottom 5-10 in the league will still get us a very good prospect.

He is not wrong.

Get a grip, man. You are arguing against yourself.

Betamax wrote: I don't think no matter how hard they try, even if they could re-hire the late Bill Laforge, could they finish with the worst record next season to essentially guarantee themselves one of two future "superstars." 8-)
You appear to be indicating that there are only 2 possible superstars coming out of the 2015 draft. That would be pretty fucking ignorant, considering the prospects coming in 2015.

Imagine if some moron actually suggested that in 2003 it was MA Fleury or Eric Staal for "franchise players", or in 2006 the only potential franchise players were Erik Johnson and Jordan Staal. One would look like quite the boner when kids like Toews (3rd), Giroux (22nd), Getzlaf (19th), Perry (29th), Weber (49th) came after the suposed "future superstars" were picked.

Beta, don't be a boner. There will be more than enough talent go go around in 2015.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:Your entire first post was calling out Blob for saying that next years draft was deeper than just two players. He's not saying McDavid and Eichel won't go 1-2, he's saying next years draft is one of the deepest we've seen. Could be the deepest in a decade. Will contain many good (re potential superstar) prospects and that finishing in the bottom 5-10 in the league will still get us a very good prospect.

He is not wrong.

Get a grip, man. You are arguing against yourself.
Uh, he was disputing what I wrote. And you are defending him like it was as if you wrote it yourself. Nucklehead, you sir, need to get a grip.

BTW, you are advocating for a poster Blob, whom, BTW, claimed that Vaive, Derlago and Ohlund were "elite level" talents, FFS. Nonsense. Can we get serious? 8-)

You appear to be indicating that there are only 2 possible superstars coming out of the 2015 draft. That would be pretty fucking ignorant, considering the prospects coming in 2015.
Wrong. I'm essentially saying that picking 1 and 2 would virtually "guarantee" themselves a Superstar.

Furthermore, your reference to to 2003 draft seems a bit off ..... as next year's draft it is more akin to the 2008 Draft where there were two potential "Generational" caliber players virtually "guaranteed" to go 1-2. i.e. Stamkos and Doughty aka no brainer picks. :mex: