2014/15 Line Up projections

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: 2014/15 Line Up projections

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:...meanwhile, Vey is clocking in with 67% of his offensive draws being in the offensive zone, and 72% of his deployment (by far the most on the team). Contrast that w/ Henrik's 39% draws being in the o-zone. Tortorella was criticized for allowing the Sedins to slip below 60%! The Twins had their career years receiving 60-70% of their deployment in the o-zone.
Why Horvat is needed, need a defensive center whose good at faceoffs, Hank has been used in key faceoffs in most situations so far, praying horvie can be that defensive two-way center stalwart asap!
See Damien Cox and his 1960's Star Trek computer.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:...meanwhile, Vey is clocking in with 67% of his offensive draws being in the offensive zone, and 72% of his deployment (by far the most on the team). Contrast that w/ Henrik's 39% draws being in the o-zone. Tortorella was criticized for allowing the Sedins to slip below 60%! The Twins had their career years receiving 60-70% of their deployment in the o-zone.
Why Horvat is needed, need a defensive center whose good at faceoffs, Hank has been used in key faceoffs in most situations so far, praying horvie can be that defensive two-way center stalwart asap!
lol that's where that got implanted in my brain. :o
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote:
Topper wrote:
SKYO wrote:
lol that's where that got implanted in my brain. :o
So far we've got Gollum, Cox and Clam in bed together.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Topper wrote: So far we've got Gollum, Cox and Clam in bed together.
Cox, Clam and a ring.

Basically OD's Friday night no?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Aaronp18 wrote:
Topper wrote: So far we've got Gollum, Cox and Clam in bed together.
Cox, Clam and a ring.

Basically OD's Friday night no?
LOL

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

viewtopic.php?p=212138#p212138
Strangelove [color=#FF0000]Wed Aug 27, 2014 9:20 pm[/color] wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Strangelove wrote:Vrbata has been playing top line minutes and putting up top line points for a few seasons now Todd.
Maybe 2nd line, but no way he plays ahead of Shane Doan as top dog RW.
My statement remains true... look it up! :drink:
Doc, I did look it up.

Vrbata has indeed been playing the minutes.

He has not been putting up the points. IMHO, Vrbata has put up top-line points 4 times in his career.

FWIW, I consider 50 points in 80 games to be 2nd line numbers.
Yeah you better look it up again bro.

http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/ ... stats.html

38th overall in goals-per-game over the last 3 seasons.

As a matter of fact, those aren't just top line goal numbers

... those are above average top line goal numbers.

And he's well above your "50 points per 80 games" over the last few seasons. :mex:

(60+ points per 80 games I would think)

Like I said: Vrbata has been putting up top line points for a few seasons now. :hmmm:
Yeah, not sure why folks are so surprised at Vrbata's production this year. :mex:

He's been through the desert on a horse with no name, where there ain't no one for to give you no fame...
____
Try to focus on someday.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

So who "projected" a 2nd line of Vrbata,Higgins,Bonino finally coming together for a legitimate 2nd line?

:?
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

dangler wrote:So who "projected" a 2nd line of Vrbata,Higgins,Bonino finally coming together for a legitimate 2nd line?

I will still maintain Higgins is not top six and any team with him in the top six is not a serious contender. I like Higgins, a lot, but he needs to be bottom six.

Too bad we didn't have Kesler with Vrbata and Jensen/Sven??? A goal scorer. With Bonino as the centre we can't afford a soft winger.

But ya, the recent production is very nice.
The only HW the Canucks need
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Higgins may very well be classified as bottom 6 but there's no denying his skills and new found chemistry w/Vrbata. #vrbatalinecomesalive
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: And if it comes down to a choice between the two, keep Higgins. Stone Hands Hansen is becoming expendable on a team that wants to see 4 lines contributing and defensive responsibility with a bit of sandpaper throughout the lineup (or at least the bottom-9).
Yeah at this point it's a no-brainer, Stone Hands would be the one to ship off.
We should be keeping Hansen. He's still young, fast, great defensively, and he is making our 4th line damned damned effective with Horvat m Kenins. Burr really is the odd man out.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

This season, perhaps more than any other season in recent memory, the numbering of lines 2-4 has been more or less pointless given Willie's desire to balance the ice-time.

Should provide a fresher line up come the real season.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:
dangler wrote:So who "projected" a 2nd line of Vrbata,Higgins,Bonino finally coming together for a legitimate 2nd line?

I will still maintain Higgins is not top six and any team with him in the top six is not a serious contender. I like Higgins, a lot, but he needs to be bottom six.With Bonino as the centre we can't afford a soft winger.

But ya, the recent production is very nice.
Next year, I could see Horvat as our #2 centre. His production/60 minutes is as good as Higgins and Bonino's, with worse linemates. And, he's improved 100% since the start of the season.

Higgins isn't my first choice for our 2nd line either, but Kassian has't turned the corner just yet. If Kassian was the player we hope he is, Higgins will drop to the 3rd line.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Mëds wrote: And if it comes down to a choice between the two, keep Higgins. Stone Hands Hansen is becoming expendable on a team that wants to see 4 lines contributing and defensive responsibility with a bit of sandpaper throughout the lineup (or at least the bottom-9).
Yeah at this point it's a no-brainer, Stone Hands would be the one to ship off.
We should be keeping Hansen. He's still young, fast, great defensively, and he is making our 4th line damned damned effective with Horvat m Kenins. Burr really is the odd man out.
You're quoting posts from last off-season.

True, since then, Hansen has gelled well with Horvat + Kenins.

At this particular point in time, Hansen can't be traded until next off-season.

Which would be fine by me, hey his trade value has risen! :thumbs:

Burrows is by far a more effective player than Hansen though.

I hope you're not trying to say otherwise.
____
Try to focus on someday.