Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by damonberryman »

Strangelove wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:If they could trade Sutter for Hartnell I'm in!!
Are you serious?
Blob has drank the anti-Benning koolaid.

(said "koolaid" is comprised mostly of peyote + eye of newt)

For example, if Benning did indeed trade Sutter for Hartnell

... the blob would be the first to grab his torch + pitchfork.

He's quite mad, I assure you.
Always liked peyote buttons even if they taste like shit but to mix it with anything is bad. Even eye of newt. BTW. Where can you get eye of newt? :D
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

About the peyote. A friend of mine back in the day, brought up 30000 buttons from Arizona. He lived out by White Rock and had them all spread out in his back yard to dry them out. Walking into the yard got you off. Great memory. I love this site. :D

May not be on topic for which I humbly beg pardon.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Are you serious? Sutter is a 27 right handed center who the Canucks sorely lack. His injuries last season forced Horvat to play more than he should. In 20 games last season, Sutter put up 9 pts (5g and 4a) which was on pace for ~40 points. His $4.375m per year contract will look good 2-3 years down the road. Can you say the same thing about Hartnell?
Three years of a bad contract >>>> five years of a bad contract.
Do you know Sutter will only be 32 years old when his current contract expires? Do you know Hartnell will be 37 years old when his contract expires? :shock:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Are you serious? Sutter is a 27 right handed center who the Canucks sorely lack. His injuries last season forced Horvat to play more than he should. In 20 games last season, Sutter put up 9 pts (5g and 4a) which was on pace for ~40 points. His $4.375m per year contract will look good 2-3 years down the road. Can you say the same thing about Hartnell?
Three years of a bad contract >>>> five years of a bad contract.
Do you know Sutter will only be 32 years old when his current contract expires? Do you know Hartnell will be 37 years old when his contract expires? :shock:
Do you know Sutter has averaged 30 points a year for the past seven seasons? Do you know Hartnell has averaged over 50 points a year over the same time period?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Do you know Sutter has averaged 30 points a year for the past seven seasons? Do you know Hartnell has averaged over 50 points a year over the same time period?
Do you know the age difference between the two? 7 freaking years. Sutter is hitting his prime while Hartnell is similar to Burrows, almost the end of their respective careers.

BTW, do you know Sutter was mainly use as a 3rd line (shutdown) center most of his career until he arrived in Vancouver? If he was healthy and could play with better linemates, 40+ points are not out of the question.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Do you know the age difference between the two? 7 freaking years. Sutter is hitting his prime while Hartnell is similar to Burrows, almost the end of their respective careers.

BTW, do you know Sutter was mainly use as a 3rd line (shutdown) center most of his career until he arrived in Vancouver? If he was healthy and could play with better linemates, 40+ points are not out of the question.
Agreed but that would, at this point, probably mean playing with the Sedins. It's what I wanted to see more of last year. Not likely to happen now so then there is Hansen but even with that, it would take a third ingredient, a real hard ass, nasty, on the puck quickly guy. Maybe Virtanen can become that, who knows?
I think some people thought Tkachuk might have been that kind of player but that still would have been down the road.
We are still short one skill/grit player.
"evolution"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

Agreed but that would, at this point, probably mean playing with the Sedins. It's what I wanted to see more of last year. Not likely to happen now so then there is Hansen but even with that, it would take a third ingredient, a real hard ass, nasty, on the puck quickly guy. Maybe Virtanen can become that, who knows?
I think some people thought Tkachuk might have been that kind of player but that still would have been down the road.
If Hansen plays with the Sedins, Eriksson could play with Sutter.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Jovocop wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

I am actually one of the few that would like to see that happen, not all the time but some.
Definitely would give opponents something to think about, hence making us harder to scout.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

Eriksson playing with Sutter would be the height of stupidity.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

I know the Sedins are also 36 what's your fucking point? Hartnell is a legit top 6 point producer. Sutter is a third line 30 point player.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

There is talk about the 31 teams doing a restart.

All the players are thrown into a big list and they are going to pick team names and go from pick 31 down to pick 1. This will determine who picks first. Crosby is not expected to be selected first as many GM want to build from the net out.

It is expected that 50% of all Hockey fans will be jumping off bridges so they are starting to put up anti jump fences on all major bridges. The use of "stupid" "urine crew" and others will jump 352%. Forums will crash as their stupid GM picks the wrong guy and there will be 5 new threads created every time a player is selected and why the GM is either "stupid" or a "genius"

Edmonton is expected to select 1st overall and still screw it up, Toronto will pick low and then start the planning route. No one will report to Vancouver because we suck as a hockey town.

After all we are all hockey fans.

HW - have you heard about his one???

8-)
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:

Eriksson playing with Sutter would be the height of stupidity.
Not if it was Byfuglien, (haha), or someone who brings that element.
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reefer2 wrote:There is talk about the 31 teams doing a restart.

All the players are thrown into a big list and they are going to pick team names and go from pick 31 down to pick 1. This will determine who picks first. Crosby is not expected to be selected first as many GM want to build from the net out.

It is expected that 50% of all Hockey fans will be jumping off bridges so they are starting to put up anti jump fences on all major bridges. The use of "stupid" "urine crew" and others will jump 352%. Forums will crash as their stupid GM picks the wrong guy and there will be 5 new threads created every time a player is selected and why the GM is either "stupid" or a "genius"

Edmonton is expected to select 1st overall and still screw it up, Toronto will pick low and then start the planning route. No one will report to Vancouver because we suck as a hockey town.

After all we are all hockey fans.

HW - have you heard about his one???

8-)
Was just about to post this but you beat me to it. Man your sources are good! Quicker than mine at least.
The only HW the Canucks need
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I know the Sedins are also 36 what's your fucking point? Hartnell is a legit top 6 point producer. Sutter is a third line 30 point player.
My FUCKING point simple. You are the one who keeps talking about bringing youth and talents to replace the Sedins. Yet, you keep talking about trading players hitting their prime for players who are about to retire. Now, what is your FUCKING point?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I know the Sedins are also 36 what's your fucking point? Hartnell is a legit top 6 point producer. Sutter is a third line 30 point player.
My FUCKING point simple. You are the one who keeps talking about bringing youth and talents to replace the Sedins. Yet, you keep talking about trading players hitting their prime for players who are about to retire. Now, what is your FUCKING point?
Sutter is in his prime and his prime is a 30 point fast, skinny , soft player. Hartnell has been and will likely be over the next two seasons, a far better producer. If I had my way I'd have neither player on the team. If I had to pick one of them for the next three years, I'd take Hartnell. Is that difficult for you to comprehend? Sutter isn't getting any better, he is what he is.