Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Post by Island Nucklehead »

So we have enough cap space to give Lucic 7.5 and fill the D up with more Bartkowski's and Weber's. Great.

You don't rebuild through free agency.

Let the Aquaman save some $$ while we toil the the shit-trench for a couple years.

Drop $11M on Jamie Benn, maybe we'll have an above-average prospect pool by then.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Matthias to Avs for a 4th rounder and Colin Smith...so Prust & Higgins for a 7th rounder? :mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:Matthias to Avs for a 4th rounder and Colin Smith...so Prust & Higgins for a 7th rounder? :mrgreen:
He's got 6 fewer points than Vrbata, maybe Radim gets us a 3rd? Still hoping for a 2nd, but Vrbata has the worst +/- in the NHL, for those who follow that stat.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I am no fan of Linden Vey but he's been a better this season.
So Vey is better this season, you've also admitted Sbisa is better this season and the Kassian deal was the correct move.

How long before Blobby admits Benning is a genius?

tic, tock, tic, tock. tic, tock.........
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I am no fan of Linden Vey but he's been a better this season.
So Vey is better this season, you've also admitted Sbisa is better this season and the Kassian deal was the correct move.

Topper :shock: throwing it down in a Big Way...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I was hoping Benning traded Matthias for a 3-4 th last season. That non move pissed me off but in the grand scheme of things won't make or break the franchise. At least this season he can't possibly be thinking about not selling, can he?
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Hockey Widow wrote:I was hoping Benning traded Matthias for a 3-4 th last season. That non move pissed me off but in the grand scheme of things won't make or break the franchise. At least this season he can't possibly be thinking about not selling, can he?
you wouldnt think so wids...its pretty clear by now.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Topper wrote:

It will have to be a great deadline for him and an even better draft and summer for me to be anointing Elmer as any sort of genius.

Vey and Sbisa look like NHL players this season. Fringe NHL players who should be making the league minimum or thereabouts but they have improved modestly. They said I would like it if both of them aren't on the team next season for different reasons. Vey needs to go because he is small and weak and the whole teM is small and weak. Sbisa needs to go because he is way overpaid and he's standing in Pedan's way moving forward.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Unfortunately Blob I don't see how it could be a great TDD for the Canucks. Our assets aren't worth a whole heck of a lot with Hamhuis being the exception.

Higgins
Prust
Weber

Already cleared waivers once. If they are traded it will be for late round picks. So the win there is Higgins cap relief next year.

Vrbata maybe a second plus a project type prospect.

Doubt they trade Bartkowski, Sbisa or Edler.

Miller won't be going anywhere, maybe the summer but doubtful.

Burrows Hansen Dorsett? Hansen is the only one with value at TDD, this year.

So I'm having a hard time understanding a lot of fan message boards saying Benning has to cash in, not you specifically. I just don't see the value, other than cap space really.

What do you mean by great TDD?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hamhuis should fetch a 1st , Vrbata a 2nd, Prust a 6th or 7th and Bartkowski a 5th. If someone offered a 1st for Hansen you move him too . That would be a great deadline imho with or without the Hansen deal .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Strangelove wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:
Strangelove wrote: I personally believe the Miller and Sutter contracts are solid, though you may not agree.
Not sure how $6M for a below average goalie is a good contract, hor how $4.375M for 5 years with NTC is a good contract for a mediocre 3C
Miller is an average #1 goaltender on an average #1 goaltender salary.

Sutter is an elite #3 centre (in his prime) on an elite #3 salary.

You know nothing about these things.

For ten years now you have complained constantly/bitterly about the Sedin contracts.

You said they were overpaid at $3.575 for 3 years (2006-09).

You said they were overpaid at $6.1M for 5 years (2009-14).

You said they were overpaid at $7M on their present contract (2014 - present).

Perhaps it's time you learned to trust me on these things....
Wrong as usual my friend.

Miller is not an average number 1 goalie on an average number 1 contract.

Miller's SVP last year ranked 32nd in the league among qualified starters. His GAA ranked 27th.
This year his SVP ranks 28th and his GAA ranks 30th.

Meanwhile his $6M cap hit ranks 8th in the NHL.

Not sure how you get average performance for average pay based on those stats, but hey, who needs facts right?

Not sure how you consider Sutter an elite 3C either. We've gone over this before but for some reason when presented with the stats you prefer to just close your eyes and ignore them, in favour of just fluff.

Not sure what the Sedins have to do with anything, but perhaps throwing in a red herring or two here or there can help take the attention off how you are completely wrong with your opinion of the players we're discussing?
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Hockey Widow wrote:Unfortunately Blob I don't see how it could be a great TDD for the Canucks. Our assets aren't worth a whole heck of a lot with Hamhuis being the exception.

Higgins
Prust
Weber

Already cleared waivers once. If they are traded it will be for late round picks. So the win there is Higgins cap relief next year.

So I'm having a hard time understanding a lot of fan message boards saying Benning has to cash in, not you specifically. I just don't see the value, other than cap space really.

We absolutely have to get at least a 1st round pick for Hamhuis, and a 2nd round pick for Vrbata. If we can cash in by dumping salary elsewhere we have to do so as well.

I would seriously look at trading Hansen as well. If we can get a good return for him, why not?

Cap space is especially valuable, and with the cap rumoured to be dropping as much as $4M in the offseason this could be the difference between another season of suffering and actually being able to turn things around.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hamhuis should fetch a 1st , Vrbata a 2nd, Prust a 6th or 7th and Bartkowski a 5th. If someone offered a 1st for Hansen you move him too . That would be a great deadline imho with or without the Hansen deal .

Ok. I agree with that. I just wasn't sure when you said a great trade day what your expectations were. I think we could get a 6th or 7th for Weber too. Perhaps Higgins becomes moveable if we retain so I'm holding out hope there as well. I think Benning wants to re-sign Bartkowski from what I've heard but I would be thrilled if we moved him.

I honestly think your expectations are reasonable. Let's hope Benning does too.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The_Pauser wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Unfortunately Blob I don't see how it could be a great TDD for the Canucks. Our assets aren't worth a whole heck of a lot with Hamhuis being the exception.

Higgins
Prust
Weber

We absolutely have to get at least a 1st round pick for Hamhuis, and a 2nd round pick for Vrbata. If we can cash in by dumping salary elsewhere we have to do so as well.

I would seriously look at trading Hansen as well. If we can get a good return for him, why not?

Cap space is especially valuable, and with the cap rumoured to be dropping as much as $4M in the offseason this could be the difference between another season of suffering and actually being able to turn things around.
Hey Pauser, this is from Dec and albeit not carved in stone, but:

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The NHL's salary cap for the 2016-17 season could go up approximately $3 million, Commissioner Gary Bettman said at the Board of Governors meeting on Monday.

The salary cap for the 2015-16 season is $71.4 million. It increased $2.4 million from 2014-15 to 2015-16.

"We gave them a very, very, very rough projection on what the cap could conceivably be next season, which will be somewhere between where it is now and up $3 million, in that range," Commissioner Bettman said. "That will depend on a variety of factors."

Among the factors that could come into play are the accuracy of the preliminary reports, the value of the Canadian dollar and the possibility of the NHL Players' Association initiating its five percent escalator to further raise the cap.
The_Pauser
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by The_Pauser »

Hockey Widow wrote:
The_Pauser wrote:

Higgins
Prust
Weber

Hey Pauser, this is from Dec and albeit not carved in stone, but:

PEBBLE BEACH, Calif. -- The NHL's salary cap for the 2016-17 season could go up approximately $3 million, Commissioner Gary Bettman said at the Board of Governors meeting on Monday.

The salary cap for the 2015-16 season is $71.4 million. It increased $2.4 million from 2014-15 to 2015-16.

"We gave them a very, very, very rough projection on what the cap could conceivably be next season, which will be somewhere between where it is now and up $3 million, in that range," Commissioner Bettman said. "That will depend on a variety of factors."

Among the factors that could come into play are the accuracy of the preliminary reports, the value of the Canadian dollar and the possibility of the NHL Players' Association initiating its five percent escalator to further raise the cap.
I respect you and everything you post (to be honest your posts are one of the few reasons I come back and read things on here), but is everything on this site dated? We've seen critical thinking from the stone age from Strangelove, and now people aren't aware of the recent reports (February 12) that came from Jim Murphy that cited sources within the NHL and NHLPA stating the cap could fall as much as $4M? It all will come down to if the NHLPA uses the 5% inflator or not, and given escrow has reached as high as 18% this year I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that they may forego the inflator for a year.

https://twitter.com/MurphysLaw74/status ... 3463333888

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/69827 ... wsrc%5Etfw