Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15-16

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Trades and rumours (& fantasies) 2014-15

Post by $lacker »

Trading Zack would be a mistake IMO but as always it depends on the return.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah, heard the Kassian rumour today, not surprised. Zacks inconsistency, immaturity, preparation, dedication, concentration, heart are always gonna drive coaches mad. Just don't see this changing, he's like a Chris Stewart type, will give you great moments and then he will drop off the face of the planet like he just don't care. I still wouldn't trade him if the piece coming back wasn't young and good, for all of Zacks fault there is value there. But I gotta wonder if the team finds his presence toxic (poor example on professionalism?).

Blobby B Mac is going to blame the coach again for Zacks yo yo play. Mad that coaches don't reward laziness.

I really do not see Zach a Canuck for very long, I just don't think he cares enough to be a pro. I think ole Zack would rather just hang out at the bars and eat a plate of nacho's, swilling pints.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

RoyalDude wrote:I think ole Zack would rather just hang out at the bars and eat a plate of nacho's, swilling pints.
Could be worse.

He could get hammered by himself at home on a Saturday night and make 25 posts on a sports forum's game day thread while his wife gets baked in the basement.

Like I said, could be worse.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:I think ole Zack would rather just hang out at the bars and eat a plate of nacho's, swilling pints.
Could be worse.

He could get hammered by himself at home on a Saturday night and make 25 posts on a sports forum's game day thread while his wife gets baked in the basement.

Like I said, could be worse.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Kassian + for Lucic.

B's need cap space asap, they love size, Lucic could bolt as an UFA soon, and Willie/JB prob' want some scoring size in front of net for the powerplay.

Imagine a:

Sedins-Lucic
Edler-Vrbata top unit powerplay?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:Yeah, heard the Kassian rumour today, not surprised. Zacks inconsistency, immaturity, preparation, dedication, concentration, heart are always gonna drive coaches mad. Just don't see this changing, he's like a Chris Stewart type, will give you great moments and then he will drop off the face of the planet like he just don't care. I still wouldn't trade him if the piece coming back wasn't young and good, for all of Zacks fault there is value there. But I gotta wonder if the team finds his presence toxic (poor example on professionalism?).
Considering our GM is a guy who was the Asst GM on the team that boasted both Lucic and Marchand.....

I don't see a guy being moved out as a "toxic presence" due to a party-boy attitude. Especially considering he's had 4 different head coaches in 4 seasons.....never good for any player's development, no matter what stage of their career, but definitely tougher for young kids who obviously need a fair amount of guidance in finding their game the way Kass does.

If ZK get's dealt it will be for a very good return.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Kassian + for Lucic.

B's need cap space asap, they love size, Lucic could bolt as an UFA soon, and Willie/JB prob' want some scoring size in front of net for the powerplay.

Imagine a:

Sedins-Lucic
Edler-Vrbata top unit powerplay?

Zack is probably our most skilled big body on offense, and he hasn't been given a spot in front of the net.....and he's even a RH shot. WillieD would probably put Lucic on the 3rd line. LOL!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Mëds wrote: Zack is probably our most skilled big body on offense, and he hasn't been given a spot in front of the net.....and he's even a RH shot. WillieD would probably put Lucic on the 3rd line. LOL!
And as an aside I'd like to keep Kassian (almost 24 yrs) and deal Burrows (almost 34 yrs old) somehow/someway (Habs/TB?).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I still can't get over how terrible the Oilers are, but I still get a laugh out of the people who think that they are a decade away from contending.....

MacT is setup beautifully right now to have the Oilers looking like a contender in 3-5 years, but only if he plays his cards right and lets this season waltz away without making a single move until the trade deadline or the draft.

If Edmonton is looking like they will be guaranteed a top-2 pick at the deadline, then MacTavish should absolutely pull the trigger on this current crew. He should start with Nugent-Hopkins.

RNH would certainly bring a return of a legitimate top-6 veteran center (though not an elite one) and probably a 1st round pick from a team looking to draft between 20 and 30.

Eberle goes next. Package him up with Schultz and one of Scrivens or Fasth (if needed), and a real starting goaltender comes back the other way with a bottom-6 forward and maybe a bottom pairing defenseman of value thrown in for good measure.

Yakupov can probably fetch a veteran top-6 winger in return, like the reliable 2nd line kind of guy that teams lean on down the stretch and in the playoffs. Like a rich man's Chris Higgins sorta thing. Chances are good you could even squeeze a 2nd round pick out of it too.

There might be more room to work there too with some of their prospects and future picks. Maybe a package can be put together that lets them package the 1st from that RNH deal above and trade up in this draft to end up with 2 picks in the top 10 or 15. Use it to go hard after the best blueline talent available.

They then draft one of the generational talents in McDavid or Eichel, I'd say Connor should be the first choice if they win the draft lottery.

Go hard after Johnny Boychuk and Andre Meszaros, over pay and sign them for 4 or 5 years.

You then have this in about 3 years time......

Hall - McDavid - ______
Purcell - Veteran - Perron
Pouliot - Draisaitl - Pitlick
______ - Gordon - ______

Nurse
Boychuk
Meszaros
Musil
Marincin
Klefbom
Nikitin
Aulie
(2015 draft pick?)

That forward grouping could be VERY good depending upon that top line RW spot. The Veteran mentors Connor and Leon. The defense probably still doesn't have that stud that everyone wants on their blueline, but it should be respectable.

Of course all of this depends upon McDavid being the next Sidney Crosby. That makes Hall very valuable as a speedy, north/south skater, the kind of guys who simply thrive when paired with a guy like McDavid. Hall might have zero hockey IQ, but I don't buy it. He just doesn't know shit about defense. Offensively he can carry the puck, or he can cruise into the right spot for a setup from the kind of guy that McDavid is supposed to be. His recklessness would then have some real value to the Oilers.

Anyways, that's my 2 cents. Their
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

IMO out of all of RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Nurse, Draisaitl and Schultz I would put RNH, Nurse and Draisaitl in the untouchable category. RNH possesses the best awareness (IQ) out of all of them and doesn't do stupid things to create turnovers and puts in the effort defensively. I watched their last game and it really is something on how Hall consistently does stupid things with the puck. Him Yak and Schultz are defensive liabilities all the time. Yak is like Hansen when it comes to 'finish', he looks good and all but has no finish. He's just not Ovechkin good enough to overlook their major deficiencies on the other side of the puck.

Draisaitl is showing me a lot of 200 ft awareness on the ice plus he has good size

I'd be shopping Hall, Yakupov, Schultz and Eberle. Who cares what position they play.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:IMO out of all of RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Nurse, Draisaitl and Schultz I would put RNH, Nurse and Draisaitl in the untouchable category. RNH possesses the best awareness (IQ) out of all of them and doesn't do stupid things to create turnovers and puts in the effort defensively. I watched their last game and it really is something on how Hall consistently does stupid things with the puck. Him Yak and Schultz are defensive liabilities all the time. Yak is like Hansen when it comes to 'finish', he looks good and all but has no finish. He's just not Ovechkin good enough to overlook their major deficiencies on the other side of the puck.

Draisaitl is showing me a lot of 200 ft awareness on the ice plus he has good size

I'd be shopping Hall, Yakupov, Schultz and Eberle. Who cares what position they play.
I agree with you on RNH's IQ Dude, he's the smartest of all of them. But if McDavid and Eichel are indeed generational talents, then carrying one of them AND RNH is not cost effective, and RNH's smarts and age make him the most valuable in trade. My entire thought hinges on landing a generational center, something that RNH is not.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

IMO you have to rid the line-up of core players who set a bad example as they are the ones suppose to be setting the example on work ethic, sticking to the coaches game plan, 200 ft play etc. Hall, Yakupov and Schultz are the pouting Diva's here, lets call a spade a spade. Hall doesn't seem to want to make the adjustments needed to play the pro game, he still thinks he's playing in the OHL. Justin Schultz is simply pathetic defensively is overrated offensiviely and Yakupov is on his way to becoming the next big first overall pick bust and maybe even Hall as well.

You can never have too many centres, Mëds. RNH, McEichel and Draisaitl IMO is a very good top 3. RNH is not a first line centre and maybe more affective as a 2nd or 3rd, same goes for Draisaitl. McEichel are definitely no. 1's.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If the Canucks can snag this Joe Morrow defenseman from the Bruins I'd be happy. He was apart of that Seguin trade coming from Dallas. The Pens sold him at the deadline a couple years back to Dallas for the services of Brenden Morrow. I believe he is a former 1st overall pick. He's a pretty good prospect. I'd unload one of our lower end prospects for him i.e., Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Jensen. Apparently the Bruins were scouting the Utica Comets game this weekend and apparently back at Gaunce's draft the Bruins really wanted him or something like that, brought him in for extra testing.

The Bruins are in need of more good young forwards and the Canucks the opposite, getting Morrow would definitely help out our futures at D.

Do not think we can get Dougie Hamilton for Kassian and something else, not so sure about the legitimacy of these rumours. Kassian for Krug is a stupid trade for us, that rumour is fucked up. That moron Don Taylor, now the worst 1040 host of the bunch and that is with Bro Jake included thinks it's a great trade for us - Kassian for Krug. Can somebody please force Taylor into retirement, he just phones it in now.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

The Oilers should be very careful about moving Hall right now. He's easily the most talented of the bunch. RNH is amazingly talented, but he's quite small to be a truly effective 1st line C in the West.

I can't help but think how Seguin was chased out of Boston for "not making adjustments" in his game and life as a pro. Look at him now, a top-5 player in the NHL.

Hall is the best player on the Oilers, and theres no way they get a better player coming back. If they're going to trade talent for depth, move Eberle.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

RoyalDude wrote:If the Canucks can snag this Joe Morrow defenseman from the Bruins I'd be happy. He was apart of that Seguin trade coming from Dallas. The Pens sold him at the deadline a couple years back to Dallas for the services of Brenden Morrow. I believe he is a former 1st overall pick. He's a pretty good prospect.
Ummmm, no. He most definitely is not a former 1st overall pick.
I'd unload one of our lower end prospects for him i.e., Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Jensen. Apparently the Bruins were scouting the Utica Comets game this weekend and apparently back at Gaunce's draft the Bruins really wanted him or something like that, brought him in for extra testing.
You mean back when Benning was the assistant GM in Beantown.....and isn't he the guy who was the scouting genius? If the Bruins wanted Gaunce back then, safe to say that Benning knows why and will drive a hard bargain for his services.....if he's willing to move him at all.