July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:Not wanting to legitimize Eklund but....

Heard tonight that the Jets have approached several teams about moving Kane. He has all but demanded a trade, whether he will publically say so I don't know. Last word he was getting pretty pissed and told some guys that if the media asked again about him wanting out of Winnipeg he was going to tell the truth as he was tired of the promises by the Jets that they would move him, for the right deal. He isn't threatening to sit at home or any such other action. He just wants out. His agent has told him the Jets have gone back to at least 7 teams who expressed serious interest in him and the Canucks are one of the teams.

Now I don't know how this translates for the Canucks. I know Benning did pitch an offer that included Lack/Markstrom, a top prospect, a roster player and a 2016 1st. I heard they were pitching Burrows because of cap concerns but I think it was a Garrison situation in that they never discussed it with Alex first. But I don't know if they still have interest at this point. There seems to still be interest but they are not as actively pursuing it as they were before the draft. I think they are stoked by their draft picks and don't want to let any of then go.

The only thing I know for sure is Winnipeg wants the 2015 1st. Don't know who else they have asked for. Sounds like they are talking but that they are too far apart over Kane's value. Interesting though that it has come up again and this info comes second hand from the Kane camp. So take it for what it's worth.......
Lack + Gaunce + Hansen + 2015 first round pick.

Get 'er done Benning! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ClamRussel wrote:Pass. Stick to the plan.
UMMMMMMMMMMMM

... trading for Kane has been the (secret) plan all along! :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Adding Kane would certainly help this team score goals, but I look at Jim Benning, who got rid of Seguin in Boston (right or wrong), and think that he's much more of a "team-first" kinda guy, and diva's like Kane don't really mesh with his idea of how this team should operate. It might be different if we drafted/developed him, having a chance to mould him etc., but moving significant assets to acquire him? Can't see Benning investing much effort in that, unless he gets the deal he's looking for.
Well it appears (from all the rumours) that Benning likely is very interested in acquiring Kane.

So perhaps Kane is not the "diva" you and yours make him out to be?

I've posted before that on the ice Kane is as "team-first" as it gets.

Jets fans will back that up.

Also, Kane is not a party boy, very few train as hard as Kane.

Yes there have been some off-ice issues, but Kane is a hard-working team-player.
____
Try to focus on someday.
kelowna kanuck
CC Veteran

Post by kelowna kanuck »

Lack + Gaunce + Hansen + 2015 first round pick.

I like that! Kane would be a great asset to acquire, and aga-wise fits very well also.
more cap space!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Sedin-Sedin-Kane=GIANT testicle transplant

Fuck ya get er done
If you need air...call it in
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

kelowna kanuck wrote:Lack + Gaunce + Hansen + 2015 first round pick.
I can't see how that's a good deal for the Jets, and I'm not even a huge Kane fan.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

BurningBeard wrote:
kelowna kanuck wrote:Lack + Gaunce + Hansen + 2015 first round pick.
I can't see how that's a good deal for the Jets, and I'm not even a huge Kane fan.
Would have said the same thing about the Kesler trade though...
Brendan Ross @RossyYoungblood · 4h
Really interested to see what happens to Bo Horvat this season. Too good for Jr but likely not ready for NHL. Can't go to AHL.

Brendan Ross @RossyYoungblood · 4h
I'm not investing any truth into the possibility of trading Bo but it's out there. I don't buy it

Brendan Ross @RossyYoungblood · 3h
Twitter alarms going off. Re: Bo. I'm sure there are no active trade talks for him....I don't expect him to be dealt but ...1/2

2/2...based on the person I talked to, I'm not 100% writing off the possibility.

Canucks are deep enough at C spot in immediate future. Do they explore trade options to strengthen other positions? Maybe...

If so, Bo Horvat would be a coveted asset in any valuable trade. Still, I'd bet he stays put.
Don't like the idea of a Horvat-Kane deal personally. Now, if we're talking Johansen then maybe that's okay :)
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Under no circumstances would I like to see any of Bo, Hunter or Lack moved for Kane.

If any of these three are dealt, it would be for immediate help to boost the top four with a ppqb or stay at home stud. Both area's sorely lacking on the blue line.

I'd hate to see Lack moved, as he represents everything that Trevor et al desire from a core Canuck.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I don't agree that we are deep at centre, although would agree we have a number of players that play that position. If that makes sense.

After Hank we have no one who has PROVEN he is capable of eventually stepping into the number one spot. Heck, we don't even know yet if we have anyone who can step into the number two spot.

We have a number of prospects for sure but far from being deep at centre. Maybe in three years we can say that but certainly not today. I love the idea of Horvat but if trading him betters the team I'm for it. But I wouldn't trade him with a first, he would substitute for the first, IMO.

We need to be careful to not give up too much for Kane as our needs are still too great. If we were talking the 2011 team that needs another top six scorer sure, but right now, it smacks of a Kessel type deal. Good player at the wrong time.
The only HW the Canucks need
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

You'd have to do something stupid like we did by trading Neely and a 1st round pick for a veteran cancer survirvor to land Kane like trading Horvat and a 2015 1st round pick, no thank you. Like clambake says 'Pass, stick to the plan'
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau