July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by 2Fingers »

I actually feel sorry for the dude, for the amount he can post here he must not have a life outside this site.

Hockey cant start soon enough.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Reefer2 wrote:I actually feel sorry for the dude, for the amount he can post here he must not have a life outside this site.

Hockey cant start soon enough.
Well, thanks bro, for uhhhhhh, your sympathies .....

BTW, I guess you are too busy @home eating all that sushi, right? Image
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Jovocop wrote:I am with IN or 99%... I am very sick of Betamax or whatever handles he uses.

Ya, who needs a poll? I mean really, IN or the other guy, IN or the other guy........seems like the only one who doesn't get it is the other guy. I may not always agree with everything IN says, yes it's true, but I enjoy his contributions here. The other guy.....nugh said.
This made my fucking day.....

http://canuckscorner.com/forums/memberl ... le&u=20572

:D
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

wtf is this thread about? I have engaged in a couple of board meltdowns over the last three years (hello Blob) but this constant 'I'm right, no you're right, no I'm right (see inserted article from the respected journal called "Dicks and Hockey)" is kind of pointless and boring. No offense intended but where do you get the energy? Is Cocaine involved or Crank? Careful. They lie to you them drugs.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Yeah - I think we're getting back on track now. It's been a boring summer outside of the draft and a couple of signings...

Should we change this thread to just trades and signings and make a separate thread for rumours?

Last year's 'trades and signings' thread was 95% rumours, so I renamed it. Is it possible to keep reality and speculation in separate threads?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

damonberryman wrote:wtf is this thread about? I have engaged in a couple of board meltdowns over the last three years (hello Blob) but this constant 'I'm right, no you're right, no I'm right (see inserted article from the respected journal called "Dicks and Hockey)" is kind of pointless and boring. No offense intended but where do you get the energy? Is Cocaine involved or Crank? Careful. They lie to you them drugs.
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie.... COCAINE!! :mex:

Chill Berry Man, twas just an off-season-omg-its-boring game.

And I won. :mex:

Yeah no, no one wins but there are always a few losers. :mrgreen:

What the hell else are we supposed to do in the summertime DBM?

Disappear like you? :scowl:

Welcome back by the way ole bean berry. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:Is it possible to keep reality and speculation in separate threads?
I would hate to speculate on that.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Not wanting to legitimize Eklund but....

Heard tonight that the Jets have approached several teams about moving Kane. He has all but demanded a trade, whether he will publically say so I don't know. Last word he was getting pretty pissed and told some guys that if the media asked again about him wanting out of Winnipeg he was going to tell the truth as he was tired of the promises by the Jets that they would move him, for the right deal. He isn't threatening to sit at home or any such other action. He just wants out. His agent has told him the Jets have gone back to at least 7 teams who expressed serious interest in him and the Canucks are one of the teams.

Now I don't know how this translates for the Canucks. I know Benning did pitch an offer that included Lack/Markstrom, a top prospect, a roster player and a 2016 1st. I heard they were pitching Burrows because of cap concerns but I think it was a Garrison situation in that they never discussed it with Alex first. But I don't know if they still have interest at this point. There seems to still be interest but they are not as actively pursuing it as they were before the draft. I think they are stoked by their draft picks and don't want to let any of then go.

The only thing I know for sure is Winnipeg wants the 2015 1st. Don't know who else they have asked for. Sounds like they are talking but that they are too far apart over Kane's value. Interesting though that it has come up again and this info comes second hand from the Kane camp. So take it for what it's worth.......
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'm just assuming it could be Shinkaruk (LW sniper), Burrows (the vet) and probably Lack, since we got Miller now....
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

Keep Shinkaruk, it looks like he will make it sooner rather than later. I hear a lot about the 2015 draft, but, is there someone in the spot the Canucks will be picking who shows more promise than what Kane has already displayed.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

SKYO wrote:I'm just assuming it could be Shinkaruk (LW sniper), Burrows (the vet) and probably Lack, since we got Miller now....

I'm not so sure Burrows would waive for a Winnipeg nor is he in that age group Winnipeg would want back. I think landing a Kane type means we have to move some cap which would be why the Canucks would be pitching his move, if they were.

I doubt Shinkaruk would be the prospect Winnipeg would want. I think more a Horvat or McCaan of Virtanen to start. But I'm guessing really.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:
SKYO wrote:I'm just assuming it could be Shinkaruk (LW sniper), Burrows (the vet) and probably Lack, since we got Miller now....

I'm not so sure Burrows would waive for a Winnipeg nor is he in that age group Winnipeg would want back. I think landing a Kane type means we have to move some cap which would be why the Canucks would be pitching his move, if they were.

I doubt Shinkaruk would be the prospect Winnipeg would want. I think more a Horvat or McCaan of Virtanen to start. But I'm guessing really.
Yep. Let's be honest, nobody with an NTC, save maybe Hansen, is waiving to go to Winterpeg.

If it's true that Kane wants out, that play into Vancouver's hands, but there are bound to be other bidders in the process. If Edmonton offered Yakupov, could we match? Probably not. We don't have the one-for-one capability in that regard, so it would have to be a package.

The Jets would likely want one of Kassian/Horvat/Virtanen + 1st rounder, and I'm not sure the Canucks would do that. Guys like Hansen are throw-ins at that point.

Adding Kane would certainly help this team score goals, but I look at Jim Benning, who got rid of Seguin in Boston (right or wrong), and think that he's much more of a "team-first" kinda guy, and diva's like Kane don't really mesh with his idea of how this team should operate. It might be different if we drafted/developed him, having a chance to mould him etc., but moving significant assets to acquire him? Can't see Benning investing much effort in that, unless he gets the deal he's looking for.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Pass. Stick to the plan.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Rede
CC Veteran

Post by Rede »

ClamRussel wrote:Pass. Stick to the plan.
I agree, if the price for Kane is going to include a 1st, a top prospect and a roster player then it just doesn't make sense for us to deal for a guy on a 5m/yr contract who has some question marks about attitude. That said, if Kane has privately asked to be dealt and the Jets have said they'll try, then I'm not really surprised that Kane is a bit frustrated.

On the other hand, if there were a deal to be made involving a price of something like Gaunce, Hansen, Lack and a pick where we're dealing from positions of organizational depth then sure, you look at that. I compare this with what Kesler has done and he returned and don't think that it's a terrible offer for a guy who wants out of town.

That said, it sounds like Benning isn't willing to sell the farm and Winnipeg wants a hefty return. Hope Benning sticks to that plan and either passes on Kane or waits for the price to come down to something that makes sense for us. I'd rather wait for the young, cap-friendly kids to come along than trade our top prospects or next year's first rounder.