July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: July 1, 2014, (and beyond) trades, signings , rumours

Post by Betamax »

BurningBeard wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:Anybody that actually believes what he writes should be tested for autism.
Well, that's not a nice thing to say, I... wait...

:|

...looks at Betamax.

:hmmm:

hmmm...

:eh:
Seriously ..... for a sub-par poster on the corner, you sure like to talk a lot of trash!

To be honest, bro, you should work on improving your own posts (which is severely lacking in quality) .... :( ...... rather than trying to talk smack against someone that is multiple levels above your weight class .............

Now, to quote a former has been poster ...... BTW, Not a flame ....... just an observation. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Topper wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote: In what fucking nightmare is Eklund considered a legitimate source?
In the same nightmare that Pierre McGuire is an NHL coach and Cody Hodgson is a #1 centre.
Anybody that believes either of those things is a fucking idiot .
Not sure on PM, but I recall plenty of "elite shot", "elite level passing" and Adam Oates comparisons when CoHo was in a Canuck uniform. I also recall being the person laughing loudest at those praises.
Hey Topper ..... what were your recollections, when Coach Torts was hired by the Canucks?

Were you one of the many, and I mean, many sheep that was eating the shit sandwiches he was serving to Canucks Nation ..... :(

OR were you like, Betamax (as documented on hfboards), ahead of the curve and one of the few, astute, dissenters on social media that saw the dog shit he was peddling? Image
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

So what was it? Shit sandwiches or dog shit? Or dog shit sandwiches?

I better check Twitter to find out!

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I will always have good memories of CoHo just based on that slapper in Boston as he was coming down the wing, and Thomas did not see it coming. I sure cheered that goal.
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

People who post interesting things about the interesting sport of hockey (Hockey Widow, I'm looking at you) are a delight.

People who spend all their time desperately trying to prove they WERE right and ARE right and WILL BE right about everything are sad, boring, and - worst of all - repetitive.

Not a flame.....just an observation.
Groovypippin
CC Veteran

Post by Groovypippin »

damonberryman wrote:I will always have good memories of CoHo just based on that slapper in Boston as he was coming down the wing, and Thomas did not see it coming. I sure cheered that goal.
Me too. That goal was a beauty.

I've never understood the compulsion of so many sports fans to fanatically idolize people on their team and demonize them if and when they leave.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Cornuck wrote:So what was it? Shit sandwiches or dog shit? Or dog shit sandwiches?

Well, Cornuck, you've heard or read of 50 Shades of Grey, right? I guess you can say there at least 50 variations of that shit Coach Torts tried to peddle to Canucks' Nation. :(
I'm less worried about breaking my arm ..... than I am with hurting my back. It's been quite sore lately for, uhhhh, obvious reasons. If it's not obvious, let's just say, with the lull in hockey talk, I've had to re-read many of my old posts over the past few weeks for some quality hockey discussion reading. 8-)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Cornuck wrote:So what was it? Shit sandwiches or dog shit? Or dog shit sandwiches?

Do we have to wait for October to put posters on waivers? I heard Bountiful is looking for some depth...
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Groovypippin wrote:People who post interesting things about the interesting sport of hockey (Hockey Widow, I'm looking at you) are a delight.

People who spend all their time desperately trying to prove they WERE right and ARE right and WILL BE right about everything are sad, boring, and - worst of all - repetitive.

Not a flame.....just an observation.
Look, Poster Groovypippin, Betamax has more respect to the people/posters who post here regularly and, uhhhhhhhhhhhhh, provide content to the forums over those who post once and a blue moon, mainly to just bitch and complain about other posters. Would ya know anyone that fits that latter category?

BTW, I'm not writing .... I'm just writing. 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

Do we have to wait for October to put posters on waivers? I heard Bountiful is looking for some depth...
Uhhhhhh, so, Nucklehead, are you soliciting to be part of the Canucks' Corner Management team? :hmmm:
Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Post by Hockey_God »

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Betamax wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Uhhhhhh, so, Nucklehead, are you soliciting to be part of the Canucks' Corner Management team? :hmmm:
I'm trying not to answer trolls... but in this case... You should be gone come October. You have pollutted this board enough with your garbage. You've made this a less-worthy place to post. You've turned this place into the lowest-common demoninator and I hate to see decent posters flee before your bullshit.

Frankly, I'm tired of it. I hope the mods sink you before the new season. You PM'd me saying "You mad bro", well no, I'm not mad. I'm depressed that this board has come to this level of bullshit. I've smacked you around several times, and this place should be above the whole experiment. Several posters have come to me and said "enough, enough" and yet I've finished you off time and again. This is a place for REAL Canucks Fans. Stop being a fuck-head.

You pollute every single thread. You create threads solely to pat yourself on the back or create conflict. You bring nothing to the table. You are a garbage poster and I think most people are sick of you.

I'm fairly certain that 99% of posters here would rather have me here than you. You are a troll. If you want to wage a bet, I'm happy to retire if folks would rather have Betamax/Farhan Lalji/ whatever stupid name you've created this week vs Island. Bring it on. Pretty sure people would rather have me here than you. If not, I'll retire.

Enough is enough. It's time to trim down the roster. Sorry to the Mods for this rant. But I feel it's needed from someone that's been here a while and doesn't rock the boat (never sent a PM in my life). Enough is enough, get this place back to respectability please.

//rant.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:I'm fairly certain that 99% of posters here would rather have me here than you. You are a troll. If you want to wage a bet, I'm happy to retire if folks would rather have Betamax/Farhan Lalji/ whatever stupid name you've created this week vs Island. Bring it on. Pretty sure people would rather have me here than you. If not, I'll retire.

//rant.
Okay. Your wager is accepted.

If 99% of the posters (in a public vote), would rather have you than me on this board, then I'll leave. If not, then you can retire peacefully on the Island. The only stipulation, I would submit and in the interest of fairness is that the voters here would have to amassed a minimum of 100 posts (be at least a CC Veteran) so we don't have any potential "sock puppet" accounts skewing the votes. 8-)
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Uncle dans leg wrote: :lol:

I.N. unfurls the clsandwich and slaps BM upside the head with 9 inches !
99 inches apparently...

I'm gonna have to reflect on my vote... Mxyzptlk V Island, track the bullshit
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I have sent thousands of pms.... Opinion expressing is healthy....

Hang in there IN.

Tame it up a hair fellas
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….