Canucks draft Nikita Tryamkin at #66

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: Canucks draft Nikita Tryamkin at #66

Post by ClamRussel »

Mëds wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:Fast becoming our top blueline prospect.

Most of our D prospects are middle of the road, this kid has the potential to rise above the pack & be something special.
For a guy that big, and one that they are referring to as "awkward", he moves pretty well out there.

I like that he gives the PP nothing in front of his own net, and he moves the puck very well.

The fact that he's also a regular in the KHL already could mean we actually see him sooner rather than later.
Doesn't look awkward to me either. He'll be here before we know it.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

A behind the scenes look of the Canucks interviewing Tryamkin. He had JB and TL drooling at having a potential big man like him patrolling our blue-line. When he said he patterns himself after Big Z, Benning must of had a hard on. :lol: Getting this guy probably mitigated his desire to go after Tyler Myers a bit though .

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The kid has a ton of potential for sure. Another two years in the KHL, time to keep growing. Sooner we get him to North America the better for his development. He should be ready for Utica around the time we have to decide what we are doing with Hamhuis and Bieksa.

Now if PK lite can have a growth spurt.....
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

ClamRussel wrote:Fast becoming our top blueline prospect.

Most of our D prospects are middle of the road, this kid has the potential to rise above the pack & be something special.
even two years ago, Tryamkin had some good skating and mobility for huge fella, he skates like he's 6'2 out there, along with having a good shot and loves to hit.

In time he'll learn to play better positionally, like don't chase the player too much to the boards, stay in his proper lane etc.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Yeah, once Willie "trusts" you then you're Real Good.

...unless you're associated with the Hat, then you can skip the trust part.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Probably my favourite player outside of Horvat. It looks like the two best players Elmer picked in that draft were in the later rounds. Forsling and Tryamkin are tracking like first round picks while the Fake and McCann look like 3rd rounders. Too bad Forsling was given away to the Hawks. Like they needed a free player
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Probably my favourite player outside of Horvat. It looks like the two best players Elmer picked in that draft were in the later rounds. Forsling and Tryamkin are tracking like first round picks while the Fake and McCann look like 3rd rounders. Too bad Forsling was given away to the Hawks. Like they needed a free player
Ya, that's one that pisses me off. Right away, it made me feel like "that'll come back and bite ya in the ass".
"evolution"