Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by SKYO »

@Real_ESPNLeBrun 12s

Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Kesler traded to Anaheim!

Post by Island Nucklehead »

SKYO wrote:
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 12s

Anaheim will trade Bonino, Sbisa plus 24th overall pick and teams will swap third-rounders once deal goes through
Ughhhhh...
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

What are you ughhing about?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

So I guess getting two roster players allows them to move Garrison for futures? At least the drama of a "Ryan Kesler Situation" is over? Uhhh is there a silver lining here somewhere? Bob McKenzie's consensus list has guys like Barbashev and Scherbak still on the board in the 20's?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
CorranHorn
CC Veteran

Post by CorranHorn »

Second year in a row where we have two first round picks plus on in the top ten.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

CorranHorn wrote:What are you ughhing about?
The return is less than I was hoping for.

IMO, the Canucks should have been able to get one of Etem/DSP/10th overall as the main piece coming back, not Bonino, who is not going to replace Kesler whatsoever.
dbr wrote:So I guess getting two roster players allows them to move Garrison for futures?
Well I'd wager picking up Sbisa allows Lindenning to move one of Tanev or Garrison. The 24th might help us get up to 1st overall.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:
@Real_ESPNLeBrun 12s

Not sure I'm a fan of this.....Bonino and Sbisa are alright, but I would have liked to see us get more than the 24th as well having to trade down in the 3rd round.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Luca Sbisa
24 year old defenceman
6'2" 207 lbs
Originally drafted 19th overall in 2008 by Philadelphia (went to Anaheim in the Pronger to Philadelphia trade)

Nick Bonino
26 year old center
6'1" 186 lbs
Originally drafted 173rd overall in 2007 by San Jose (went to Anaheim in a trade for Travis Moen/Kent Huskins)
Last edited by Southern_Canuck on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a great day for hockey!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Both Bonino and Sbisa are young. Bonino has the potential to be a second line centre.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dbr wrote:So I guess getting two roster players allows them to move Garrison for futures? At least the drama of a "Ryan Kesler Situation" is over? Uhhh is there a silver lining here somewhere? Bob McKenzie's consensus list has guys like Barbashev and Scherbak still on the board in the 20's?
Yeah now we got a shitload of dmen, one or two of them gone!

At #24 we can get another solid forward or use it for the #1 deal.

Bonino will be the 2nd/3rd line center for vet depth till one of our young guns is ready to take over.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...this is what I came back for today?

Hopefully this is a precursor to more or I'll chalk it up on the disappointing side with respect to a first (bold) move from the new regime.
DeLevering since 1999.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

donlever wrote:...this is what I came back for today?

Hopefully this is a precursor to more or I'll chalk it up on the disappointing side with respect to a first (bold) move from the new regime.
My feeling exactly.

Must wait on how the day unfolds before judging, but the return is very discouraging seeing as they dealt him to a division rival.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Three fives for a twenty.

At this point I am just hoping that the fancy stats are correct and Kes is simply no longer the player he once was.. given his Olympic play that's probably not the case.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

donlever wrote:...this is what I came back for today?

Yeah Donny,

On the surface it looks rather disappointing, after all the speculation about what we wanted back or talk about keeping Kesler if the return package wasn't good enough.

I'm hoping though that some of these assets might be what a certain GM wants to give up for a certain top pick in this year's draft.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!