Benning

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

nuckster
MVP
MVP

Benning

Post by nuckster »

I just read that LA's gm, Lombardi, just signed Gaborik to a 7 year deal that makes sense. No NTC exists on or in any of the contracts for the whole King's roster!

We currently, or shortly, will have 8 players on our roster with a NTC!

Ya gotta think that going forward, Benning will opt to see that NTCs go the way of the do-do bird!? Anyone aware of how the Bruin mgt operated re: NTCs??
cc oldtimer
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Benning

Post by Aaronp18 »

Bruins have 11 NTC contracts (or versions of).

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Aaronp18 wrote:Bruins have 11 NTC contracts (or versions of).

http://www.capgeek.com/bruins/
Jeeeeesus! :?
cc oldtimer
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I have to assume that it's awfully easy to convince people to play for market-value in LA. It's like Anti-Winnipeg. No NTCs required.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Today Benning was asked about Vancouver never having had a True number one as he had in Chara. His response was he feels Edler can be that guy. Said he doesn't know what happened to him last year but his memory of him from the finals leads him to feel he can be that go to guy for Vancouver. Said he can eat minutes, play agains top players, score points, has great hockey smarts and he always gets his shot through from the point. Was why "teams" were so interested in him last tdl.

Who do you think Benning was really watching? I mean isn't Alex the guy with the predictable drop pass that never seems to get his shot through?

Anyway, Edler is the guy on defence he wants to build around moving forward.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:Today Benning was asked about Vancouver never having had a True number one as he had in Chara. His response was he feels Edler can be that guy. Said he doesn't know what happened to him last year but his memory of him from the finals leads him to feel he can be that go to guy for Vancouver. Said he can eat minutes, play agains top players, score points, has great hockey smarts and he always gets his shot through from the point. Was why "teams" were so interested in him last tdl.

Who do you think Benning was really watching? I mean isn't Alex the guy with the predictable drop pass that never seems to get his shot through?

Worst news I've heard in a very long time.

Definitely has me looking to see if the refund guarantee to season ticket holders applies to first time buyers.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mëds wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:Today Benning was asked about Vancouver never having had a True number one as he had in Chara. His response was he feels Edler can be that guy. Said he doesn't know what happened to him last year but his memory of him from the finals leads him to feel he can be that go to guy for Vancouver. Said he can eat minutes, play agains top players, score points, has great hockey smarts and he always gets his shot through from the point. Was why "teams" were so interested in him last tdl.

Definitely has me looking to see if the refund guarantee to season ticket holders applies to first time buyers.
Seriously, what do you expect MGJB to say? Edler sucks, he has a NTC and is not willing to waive??
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
Mëds wrote:

Seriously, what do you expect MGJB to say? Edler sucks, he has a NTC and is not willing to waive??
Not at all, but I don't expect him to give him an endorsement that puts his name in the same sentence as Zdeno Chara!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Jovocop wrote:
Mëds wrote:

No shit. If the Canucks are going to do any damage, they need Edler to be productive. It's probably impossible he's as bad as last year, so the only way to go is up. It can't hurt to inflate his ego a bit, let the player know publicly that the management group has his back and we're not looking to dump him for scraps based on one year playing for a psychopath.

But yeah, pretty much a nothing comment. Edler SHOULD be our #1 D-man, and he WILL be if he plays to potential.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Worst news I've heard in a very long time.

I see. :hmmm:

Well howsabout henceforth you therefore REFRAIN from speaking on behalf of season ticket holders! :evil:

As in:

viewtopic.php?p=203959#p203959
Mëds [color=#FF0000]Thu May 29, 2014 9:46 am[/color] wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Fuck the politically correctedness in telling season ticket holders what the really don't want to hear. Blow it up.
Ummm.....I'm a season ticket holder, and I actually would be more than OK with the brutally honest truth.....blow it the fuck up. I think there are plenty of season ticket holders who feel the same way.
Thank you and have a nice evening!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I want a GM that has the balls to tell the players were they fit in the organization, then conduct himself accordingly . Apparently Benning has had all those conversations so players have a better understanding of where they fit moving forward. If he wants to build around Edler so be it. At least he is clear and definitive. Or so we will see depending upon who gets traded :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I'm starting to believe this Benning chap might actually be some kind of ASSHOLE! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

mathonwy wrote:

Welcome back Mathonwy!!! how was rehab???
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Has anybody looked in on Mëds today? Is he OK?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau