The Final Buyout

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who do YOU think the Canucks should spend their last buyout on?

Alex Burrows
25%
David Booth
39%
Alex Edler
No votes
Chris Higgins
4%
Jannik Hansen
No votes
Alex Edler
No votes
Jason Garrison
4%
"Trade" the buyout
29%

Total votes: 28

Meds
MVP
MVP

The Final Buyout

Post by Meds »

The Canucks hold one final CBO that they have to use this off-season or never use it at all, and most people have assumed that the obvious choice for this is David Booth. I've been on the fence about the guy forever, I think he's overpaid, but I also never thought he was useless and that injuries have derailed him significantly. I also liked what I saw from him in the last couple of months this season. His speed was back, he was driving the puck more, he's always been fearless, and he can hit. Sure, he wasn't putting the puck in the net, but neither was anyone else.

I just saw this article on SN.....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/why- ... out-booth/

A few snippets that stuck out.....
He has the ability take the puck to the net like few Canucks forwards do. He’s that hip word – a heavy player. And it just seems to me that whenever Booth was on the ice this season, the puck wasn’t in Vancouver’s end all that much. Perhaps it’s no surprise Booth came on this season nearly one year to the day he broke his ankle. Which is the amount of time the doctor told him it would take before he started to feel 100 per cent...

Booth spent just about 410 minutes at 5v5 with Zack Kassian this season, and the two made sweet, sweet music together during that time. The Canucks controlled 53.8% of all shot attempts when they were on the ice, which borders on elite...

The elephant in the room is Brad Richardson, who — while valuable as a penalty killer and depth centre — really was an anchor for those two. When Richardson took the ice with Booth, they controlled 53.6% of all shot attempts. But when Booth wasn’t out there with him, he dipped down all the way to 43%.....
I think I lean more towards one of Higgins or Hansen, simply because I think they are eating cap space that can be spent in better ways, one of them is certainly easily replaced by Santorelli, who, IMHO, earned a new contract here. The guy can kill penalties, he's got a CRAZY first step, and he has better hands and a better shot than either of those two.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: The Final Buyout

Post by Strangelove »

LOFL, too bad we couldn't buyout everyone EH?? :lol:

LAMEST. THREAD. EVER.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Can we buy out Mëds and reaquire jewmanji?

Edit- oh yeah and buy out Burrows. With kesler all but gone, getting rid of the final wanker from the west coast diving team can only help our team return to respectability.

Ya I said it
If you need air...call it in
Hockey_God
CC Rookie

Post by Hockey_God »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Can we buy out Mëds and reaquire jewmanji?

Ya I said it
Mëds Image
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Edit- oh yeah and buy out Burrows. With kesler all but gone, getting rid of the final wanker from the west coast diving team can only help our team return to respectability.

Ya I said it
:thumbs: Bravo Dan!

You got more balls and respek than Burrows ever did.

If we only get pucks back in a trade, we're still the winners. Frees up cap space and a spot for a young 'un or to sign an actual 1st line type player.

Burrows is done. Biter has gotta go.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

It wouldn't be a surprise to me if the Canucks decided not use their last CBO opportunity. :mex:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Why would Higgins even be on the list, let alone have someone vote to buy him out?? He's cheap,and effective. I'll take 2 more just like him for the 3rd line.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That would the worst 3rd line in hockey. Higgins is a tweener, not a true 3rd line type of player and not good enough to be a regular top 6. Gillis filled this lineup with too many tweeners. We need players who play defined roles on this team, excel at those defined roles. I'd love to lose Higgins, can't stand his constant disappearing act in big games/playoffs. He's not built for the tough 3rd line energy/grind game and can't run with the skill needed for top 6. Lose him
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Burrows is the obvious choice. They might be able to get a scrub or a 7th rounder from Montreal but not much else . He is way overpaid and his antics have gotten really old.buying out Higgins and Hansen is retarded when you could just trade them . I would keep Higgins and look to move Hansen . Maybe Booth could be flipped at the deadline if he is healthy and playing well . Wouldn't get fuck all for him but a playoff team may want him as depth especially since his contract will be pretty much paid out .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I had the opinion to buy him out long before Torts mentioned it . Heart and soul guy who bites , scratches,dives, pulls hair and balls like a bitch about the referee instead of handling his business like a man. They can't lose him fast enough for me .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Art Vandelay
CC Veteran

Post by Art Vandelay »

Uncle dans leg wrote:Can we buy out Mëds and reaquire jewmanji?

Ya I said it

Careful Dan Mëds is 6ft 9 you know. He often comes into town to catch the games as he is a season ticket holder.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:I had the opinion to buy him out long before Torts mentioned it . Heart and soul guy who bites , scratches,dives, pulls hair and balls like a bitch about the referee instead of handling his business like a man. They can't lose him fast enough for me .
I hope Burr stays here for the remainder of his contract and BEYOND that. :mex:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:buying out Higgins and Hansen is retarded when you could just trade them . I would keep Higgins and look to move Hansen ..
Whichever Blobby Buds, just semantics. Buy out, trade, waive....just get er done. Higgins, Booth and Hansen are useless 2nd/3rd line tweeners, not suited for either. Get rid if them all. Definitely keep Burr!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

I'm not sure which Alex Edler to vote for...
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Canuck-One wrote:I'm not sure which Alex Edler to vote for...
Uh, Edler's contract can't be CBO'ed since it was signed after the new CBA came into place. :mex: