Would should the Canucks do with their Core?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Moving forward, what should the Canucks do with their Core?

The Core needs to get younger [Existing member(s) traded for more youthful players/prospects/picks]
70%
The Core needs a Reset [Trade Existing member(s) for other teams' Core players of similar age]
10%
The Core needs reinforcement [via UFAs signings or trade of younger players/picks for players' in their prime]
15%
Do Nothing -- [Que Sera, Sera (Whatever Will Be, Will Be)]
5%

Total votes: 20

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Would should the Canucks do with their Core?

Post by SKYO »

Don't be afraid of trades rd, I know your scared of change, but grow some balls, drink some more booze maybe or less.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol you are the one who uses the hf scouts to back up your points about prospects . Hfboards is a toilet
That might just be the most insightful post I've ever seen you write ..... 8-)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reason for trading the #6 for Byfuglien IF we don't get a top 5 faller...

Sedin factor, if they are here why not work with em to keep this franchise big and talented like Ron Jeremy.

Byfuglien would score 30-40 goals with the Sedins and provide a better detterant from opposing players, at least much more so than our pesky Burrows!

Not to mention it allows Kassian and Jensen to develop further on the 2nd/3rd line RW.

This also allows Burrows and Hansen can be traded away.

At #6 TL/Gilman/Benning would likely pick Ritchie or Virtanen for the sole purpose of getting bigger and hope they can develop into power like forwards.

So with trading the #6 for the 6'5", 265 lbs, 29yr old Byfuglien we get an immediate impact on our top line with one of most intimidating powerforwards in the game after Lucic.

And we can probably trade Edler/Kesler for a top 12 first rounder + a prospect +.
Puck Dynasty
AHL Prospect

Post by Puck Dynasty »

SKYO wrote:Reason for trading the #6 for Byfuglien IF we don't get a top 5 faller...

Sedin factor, if they are here why not work with em to keep this franchise big and talented like Ron Jeremy.

Byfuglien would score 30-40 goals with the Sedins and provide a better detterant from opposing players, at least much more so than our pesky Burrows!

Not to mention it allows Kassian and Jensen to develop further on the 2nd/3rd line RW.

This also allows Burrows and Hansen can be traded away.

At #6 TL/Gilman/Benning would likely pick Ritchie or Virtanen for the sole purpose of getting bigger and hope they can develop into power like forwards.

So with trading the #6 for the 6'5", 265 lbs, 29yr old Byfuglien we get an immediate impact on our top line with one of most intimidating powerforwards in the game after Lucic.

And we can probably trade Edler/Kesler for a top 12 first rounder + a prospect +.
I would have to source this, but Byfuglien has gone on record as saying he prefers to play his natural position on defense as opposed to being moved up to forward. He also said that he would do whatever he had to do for the good of the team and to help win games in a pinch, but he feels much more comfortable on the blueline.

Is it wise to make a relatively big splash in the trade pool when the asset you are trying to acquire will not be happy filling the need that he is being brought in to fill? Moreover, is it not a bigger risk when said player already has a history of attitude problems regarding physical fitness and a tendency towards off-season otiosity?
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

Say no to fugly.

We need to get younger in the future, not trade more of the future away.

The only draft picks figuring in Canuck trades this season should be the ones we acquire - excepting the possibility of trading up to a higher pick.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ignore Skyo's trade ideas, Sage. They are the worst on the planet.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ignore the troll royaldude, he's our interesting pet on CC.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Puck Dynasty wrote:
I would have to source this, but Byfuglien has gone on record as saying he prefers to play his natural position on defense as opposed to being moved up to forward. He also said that he would do whatever he had to do for the good of the team and to help win games in a pinch, but he feels much more comfortable on the blueline.

Is it wise to make a relatively big splash in the trade pool when the asset you are trying to acquire will not be happy filling the need that he is being brought in to fill? Moreover, is it not a bigger risk when said player already has a history of attitude problems regarding physical fitness and a tendency towards off-season otiosity?
Yeah he prefers defense but he sucks on defense, he's at his most effective at wing and his coaches realize that, it's another option to think about for our future GM anyways.

The main point for me is get a new big RW for the Sedins, maybe it's Kassian but I prefer him on the 2nd/3rd line for now...and so we can let Burrows go for a much needed roster shakeup.
sagebrush
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sagebrush »

The feasibility of 'letting Burrows go' depends upon the return.

How much do you think the Canucks will get in return for Burrows?
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Exactly. Plus Burrows' heart is here, much like Bieksa. The guy is a smart 2-way player and does the little things right. He had a rough year, he'll bounce back. His value here > than his trade value.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I like Burrows but I think it's time for change, that and he eats up $4.5M per! *gasp*

Whoever loses that Habs or NYR semi-finals will undoubtedly look for help this offseason, Burrows can help them in their quest, he'll get a couple draft picks and a prospect in return at this point.

I think Burr would waive his NTC for the Habs easily, and NYRs AV imo would vouch for Burrows and AB would waive to go there as well.
Puck Dynasty
AHL Prospect

Post by Puck Dynasty »

SKYO wrote:I like Burrows but I think it's time for change, that and he eats up $4.5M per! *gasp*

Whoever loses that Habs or NYR semi-finals will undoubtedly look for help this offseason, Burrows can help them in their quest, he'll get a couple draft picks and a prospect in return at this point.

I think Burr would waive his NTC for the Habs easily, and NYRs AV imo would vouch for Burrows and AB would waive to go there as well.
I think he will waive his NTC only for the Habs. But who knows what the conditions of his NTC are. It might just be a list of 5 or so teams he will accept a trade to, or 5 or so that he will not accept a trade to.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Puck Dynasty wrote: I think he will waive his NTC only for the Habs. But who knows what the conditions of his NTC are. It might just be a list of 5 or so teams he will accept a trade to, or 5 or so that he will not accept a trade to.
I must say Sock Dynasty that it's just AWESOME that a quality poster such as yourself appeared out of nowhere!

Kinda like the GREAT PYRAMIDS!! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote:
Puck Dynasty wrote: I think he will waive his NTC only for the Habs. But who knows what the conditions of his NTC are. It might just be a list of 5 or so teams he will accept a trade to, or 5 or so that he will not accept a trade to.
I must say Sock Dynasty that it's just AWESOME that a quality poster such as yourself appeared out of nowhere!

Kinda like the GREAT PYRAMIDS!! :thumbs:
A testimony to slave labour and illegal aliens.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Soak pewpay
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….