Torts Tossed

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Torts Tossed

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:This rule would include hires from the AHL?
I think it would only include hires that fill up TOP level positions, as per EF's tweet: "someone hired to be head coach, GM or President/Hockey Ops with another club."

Via twitter, Travis Green has apparently been given permission to possibly join Johnston in Pit as an Asst. Coach, but, it appears that the Canucks would not receive compensation from my reading of EF's tweet, even if the new rule became effective today. :mex:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

No what I mean is we hired WillieD out of the AHL, in the future even those types of hires would require compensation?

I understand the Benning hire would definitely require compensation but seems a little extreme to lose a 3rd rounder giving a guy a shot from the AHL. Is he technically even employed by the parent club or by the AHL team?
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Aaronp18 wrote:No what I mean is we hired WillieD out of the AHL, in the future even those types of hires would require compensation?
I think that needs to be clarified. But I would think so. In my original post I wrote, "As of today, compensation returns for a team losing an NHL executive ..." I probably should re-phrase it as losing off-ice personnel, hired for top level positions." I will edit that quote to avoid confusion.
I understand the Benning hire would definitely require compensation but seems a little extreme to lose a 3rd rounder giving a guy a shot from the AHL. Is he technically even employed by the parent club or by the AHL team?
I would think so, based on reading EF's tweet. He was under contract to the parent club and the Canucks' needed to ask for permission from the Dallas Stars to speak with him and hire him away. :mex: