Crawford return

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

bckev
CC Veteran

Crawford return

Post by bckev »

Should Marc Crawford be given consideration as coach if Torts doesn't return? He likes to coach an up tempo game, he helped develop the Sedins and he may be real hungry to get back to the NHL.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Crawford return

Post by Betamax »

bckev wrote:Should Marc Crawford be given consideration as coach if Torts doesn't return? He likes to coach an up tempo game, he helped develop the Sedins and he may be real hungry to get back to the NHL.
I'm sure the Crow would love another shot with the Canucks but I would be surprised if they go the nostalgia route too much. They've already got Cloutier back in their organization and there's rumors that Nazzy is in the mix to re-join the franchise.

Edit:

I mean, what's next on the Linden to do list? Bringing back Bertuzzi so he could "mentor" Kassian? 8-)
Last edited by Betamax on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

bckev wrote:Should Marc Crawford be given consideration as coach if Torts doesn't return? He likes to coach an up tempo game, he helped develop the Sedins and he may be real hungry to get back to the NHL.
Nope.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Betamax wrote: I mean, what's next on the Linden to do list? Bringing back Bertuzzi so he could "mentor" Kassian? 8-)
Well you know nobody would take a run at the Sedins if that was the case...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Betamax wrote: I mean, what's next on the Linden to do list? Bringing back Bertuzzi so he could "mentor" Kassian? 8-)
Are you kidding? Fringe call-ups would just be chomping at the bit to run one of our guys so that they could cash in with a lawsuit on the retaliation. :lol:

And no way to Bert mentoring Kas.....we want Zack to learn how to play in his own zone. :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Oh, and as for Crawford.....why not?

The guy probably would have won a Cup or two in Vancouver if Burke had ever gotten him a reliable goaltender and one more top 6 forward.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Mëds wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:
Are you kidding? Fringe call-ups would just be chomping at the bit to run one of our guys so that they could cash in with a lawsuit on the retaliation. :lol:
That would mean Kassian would be playing well enough to earn himself a massive contract to make a lawsuit worthwhile. Win-Win!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:Oh, and as for Crawford.....why not?

The guy probably would have won a Cup or two in Vancouver if Burke had ever gotten him a reliable goaltender and one more top 6 forward.
or the lockout didn't happen....

Morons....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

Article: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665844
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Betamax wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:

Article: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=665844
Holy crap, too funny!

"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I hope not, but I recall crow and trevor seemed to get along well together, so I wouldn't be surprised if crow is trevor's first coach hire. Trevor's playing days quickly started to go downhill once AV was brought on. Crow liked that offensive brand of hockey that the twins and kes would probably like. He's still farily young for a coach and he got the most out of bert and turned him into a superstar; maybe he can do the same for kass. He coached most of our long timers too like the twins, sedins, burr and juice. I'd still prefer to go in a different direction though, let the past be the past, but who knows.
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I think he would be very motivated for sure. The big question is how much he has learned since he was last here.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Another thing to remember about Crawford is that he coached some very exciting teams that could put a lot of pucks in the net during the clutch and grab hockey of the dead-puck era prior to the 2004 lockout. But at the same time we have to remember that his coaching record since leaving Vancouver is nothing really to brag about.....granted he coached some pretty lousy teams in LA and Dallas.

My only knock on Crow was his loyalty to some guys that wasn't reflective of their performances. Like AV, Crawford had his favorites.
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Meh.....pass.

Crow had his time here, had some regular season success, but that time is well over. God knows there are other options out there who are just as viable. He has his favourites and his whipping boys, and will always have them. He has a nominally longer shelf life than the likes of Torts, so I don't see why Linden would hire somebody he will have to fire in about two years' time.

Time for some new blood.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

No
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau