And So The Axe Falls

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: And So The Axe Falls

Post by Strangelove »

KeyserSoze wrote:
Strangelove wrote: How so KS?
All of these semi-blue chip players were semi-available for Gillis to sign!

;)

Fucked up lists indeed.
Semi-GM Gillis. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

What gave Gillis a semi and did it kill Luc?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hockey Widow wrote:What if Samuellson wasn't injured and was able to play throughout the 2011 playoffs.

What if Raymond didn't break his back in Boston.

What if Ehrhoff wasn't playing with a dislocated shoulder.

What if Hamhuis hadn't screwed up his hip.

What if Edler was playing with a strong back and without three broken fingers.

What if Burrows and Kesler both had two good shoulders, each.

What if Glass didn't have three broken ribs.

What if Manny never injured his eye.

What if Rome was not suspended.

What if AV played Hodgson and Ballard more after all those injuries hit.

I mean it's only a what if game right.
What if Luongo doesn't make that point-blank to save off of Patrick Sharp?

What if Gillis did not inherit the core group in the prime of their careers - Sedins, Luongo, Salo, Edler, Kesler, Burrows, Bieksa, Schneider, blah, blah, blah

Gillis Shat the bed when it came time for him to re-tool. Bottom line, he's not a hockey man, team builder, he's got some good administrative skills but doesn't know how to build a team. He had zero experience prior to his hiring and was one of the most hated players agents in the game. It was not a surprise that he choked when the team relied on him to make the right moves when were needed to be made. He was found out. The team he inherited could only carry him so far. Budda bing, budda boom.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What if Brain Burke hadn't traded a superstar like Alex Mogilny for a 5ft 8 2nd line centre from Pitt Meadows ?

What if Brain Burke hadn't traded a superstar like Pavel Bure and a top 4 d man ( Bret Hedican) for a 2/3 D man like Ed Jovanovski ? Oh i forgot Dave Gagner was the key to the deal.

What if Brain Burke hadn't traded a very good upcoming young defenceman in Adrian Aucoin for a terrible goalie in Dan Cloutier ? How about if he hadn't dealt a very useful young player like Dave Scatchard for a scrub like Felix Potvin ?

What if Brain Burke didn't have a young asset to trade for one of the twins at the 99 draft? Oh I forgot Mike Keenan landed Bryan McCabe. Brain Burke drove the team into the toilet in order to draft the other twin.

What if Brain Burke didn't have building blocks like Todd Bertuzzi, Markus Naslund and Mattias Ohlund who were Canucks property from previous administrations ?

What if Brain Burke had made some good trades other than the deal for the twins ? Maybe the team would have gotten out of the 2nd round ??
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chef Boi's favourites

Favourite Gillis trade - Ballard (Luongo 2nd, Booth 3rd, Pahlsson 4th, Bernier 5th, Roy 6th)

Favourite Gillis signing - Garrison, Sundin, Sturm

Favourite Gillis draft pick - Schroeder

Favourite Gillis hiring - Torterella

Favourite Gillis handling - Luongo (Malhotra 2nd)

Favourite Gillis buyout - Ballard

Favourite Gillis contract - Luongo

Favourite Gillis player walk - Erhoff

Favourite Gillis moment - James Duthie story of Gillis arrogance in Boston and slagging previous mgmt at his press conference hiring

Favourite Organizational moves - the total destruction of our farm system

Favourite Gillis decisions - naming Luongo the captain

Where is Bold Moves Moneypuck, the Process now?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

The Booth discussion is old and tired.

One thing that will make that deal relevent however is the third round pick that Gillis also acquired in the trade

Cole Cassels.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Didn't Burke the truculent bring Stanley to Anaheim? He sure did bounce back from the devastatio of being that close to drafting Sid.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:The Booth discussion is old and tired.

One thing that will make that deal relevent however is the third round pick that Gillis also acquired in the trade

Cole Cassels.

Yes. Strange enough. Cassels the promising steal of his draft class has the potential to make the Booth trade, a, well, a flukey blessing in disguise for ole players agents terrible legacy here
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:Chef Boi's favourites

Favourite Gillis trade - Ballard (Luongo 2nd, Booth 3rd, Pahlsson 4th, Bernier 5th, Roy 6th)

Favourite Gillis adultery - my wife Bellissima

Favourite Gillis moment - James Duthie story of Gillis arrogance in Boston and slagging previous mgmt at his press conference hiring

:shock:

Let it go, let it go...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Chef Boi's favourites

Favourite Gillis adultery - my wife Bellissima

:shock:

Let it go, let it go...
Oh fuck.....here comes a lawsuit. :lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The 'archivist' telling me to let it go? :?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:The 'archivist' telling me to let it go? :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta admit!

So what do you think of Benning so far Dude? :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I like Benning cause he is a scout at heart, has a ton of experience in that department, seems to be a real cagey talent evaluator

I think he's done great, didnt let another sideshow distraction linger (Kesler), nipped it right away. I like the relationship between Linden and Benning, it allows Benning to focus more in team building which this team sorely lacked that kind of direction. I like the coach, all the players seem to be pretty excited about this coming sesson, if the heart and desire is there unlike the last few seasons I will be pretty damn happy even if we don't make the post season. The future is looking pretty bright , might take a few seasons as we transition out if the Sedin era and usher in the next gen, but can't help but be pretty jacked about the prospects coming up, gonna be fun to watch these kids make it to the show.

I gotta feeling that Gaunce is gonna surprise folks, nothing flashy but I think the kid is gonna be a good pro and leader. I love the grit and chippyness of these kids we now have in the system
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:I like Benning cause he is a scout at heart, has a ton of experience in that department, seems to be a real cagey talent evaluator

I think he's done great, didnt let another sideshow distraction linger (Kesler), nipped it right away. I like the relationship between Linden and Benning, it allows Benning to focus more in team building which this team sorely lacked that kind of direction. I like the coach, all the players seem to be pretty excited about this coming sesson, if the heart and desire is there unlike the last few seasons I will be pretty damn happy even if we don't make the post season. The future is looking pretty bright , might take a few seasons as we transition out if the Sedin era and usher in the next gen, but can't help but be pretty jacked about the prospects coming up, gonna be fun to watch these kids make it to the show.

I gotta feeling that Gaunce is gonna surprise folks, nothing flashy but I think the kid is gonna be a good pro and leader. I love the grit and chippyness of these kids we now have in the system
Great... NOW who's gonna play the role of Head Bed Crapper??? :evil:

JK, great to see you snorting a little powdered koolaid for a change Dude! :thumbs:

Time for you to transition to a Lebowski avatar?

Gonna be a fun season abiding with this team FO SHO BRO.

Heading out with wifey right now for Italian (truth!) and a movie. :)

PEACE OUT DUDE
____
Try to focus on someday.