Nicklas Jensen

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Nicklas Jensen

Post by herb »

Island Nucklehead wrote:And that's friggin terrifying, because this team doesn't have the horses to play that game.
Embrace the future!

If you're not terrified, you're not alive!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

herb wrote:
Island Nucklehead wrote:And that's friggin terrifying, because this team doesn't have the horses to play that game.
Embrace the future!

If you're not terrified, you're not alive!
At least it's feeling SOMETHING, eh?

I can't say I'm overly disappointed to be going through this phase. We need to acknowledge the reality of the situation. It's too bad the Canucks couldn't seal the deal in 2011, but we can't dwell on the past. It's fairly obvious this team needs to go in a different direction, and Jensen is going to have to be a part of that.

Hopefully he can be a productive member of a new core of bigger, faster, younger players for the Canucks over the next 2-4 years.
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

I can't say I'm overly disappointed to be going through this phase. We need to acknowledge the reality of the situation. It's too bad the Canucks couldn't seal the deal in 2011, but we can't dwell on the past. It's fairly obvious this team needs to go in a different direction, and Jensen is going to have to be a part of that.

Hopefully he can be a productive member of a new core of bigger, faster, younger players for the Canucks over the next 2-4 years.
[/quote]
I'd be a lot happier to go through a re-build if I thought we had the GM to do the job. I have no faith that Gillis can make the trades and drafts we need to do a re-build. And those Sedin extensions...good lord....$7 million per for what is likely to be second liners going forward?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Island Nucklehead wrote:At least it's feeling SOMETHING, eh?

Frankly, I am excited as I have been about the Canucks since 2011.

I think we have better prospect depth than most here think, and I am stoked about another top 10 pick this year.

Shinkaruk was a top 10 guy in most drafts, and Jensen is looking like a good pick. This year's pick, plus Horvat, Jensen and Shinkaruk should make four pretty good young forwards to build around going forward. Throw in Gaunce, Fox and Cassels, and like it or no, Gillis has built something pretty decent. I'd say he's done well in the last two or three years. Not so much in the early going in terms of his drafting and development, but lately things are looking vastly improved. I don't know how you could think otherwise.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Brown Knight wrote:
I'm quite positive that atleast one of Lack or Markstrom will get to the level of Schneider/Luongo one day. Both of these guys have a lot of potential, and I think atleast one of these guys will maximize it in the not-so-distant future.

That's what scares me. One day can be tomorrow or 40 years from now.

And maybe one or both will maximize it but what does that look like. From what I've seen of Lack, and what I hear/read about Jacob, I like the potential both bring. I can get excited about that. But it's the one day part that is scary. Since the Luongo trade Lack has let in a lot of goals. Now is that because we are playing a more offensive game thus being less defensively minded or is it that he is going through the adjustment of being a number one. We finally start scoring more than one goal a game and he starts letting in 3-4 with regularity.

If it is going to take 2-3 years for one of these guys to be a true number one then we will run out the clock on almost almost all of our veterans. If that's the case, trade, trade and trade away.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
I'm quite positive that atleast one of Lack or Markstrom will get to the level of Schneider/Luongo one day. Both of these guys have a lot of potential, and I think atleast one of these guys will maximize it in the not-so-distant future.

That's what scares me. One day can be tomorrow or 40 years from now.

And maybe one or both will maximize it but what does that look like. From what I've seen of Lack, and what I hear/read about Jacob, I like the potential both bring. I can get excited about that. But it's the one day part that is scary. Since the Luongo trade Lack has let in a lot of goals. Now is that because we are playing a more offensive game thus being less defensively minded or is it that he is going through the adjustment of being a number one. We finally start scoring more than one goal a game and he starts letting in 3-4 with regularity.

If it is going to take 2-3 years for one of these guys to be a true number one then we will run out the clock on almost almost all of our veterans. If that's the case, trade, trade and trade away.
It's like the curse of the Canucks starter.....bad bounces that never seem to go against the opponent's goaltender with the same degree of regularity.

Lack has looked shaky since getting "LOOOU'D" at the Heritage Classic. He's still been good, but he's gone all Luongoish and is now giving up a soft goal per game. Most other goals are beating him on bad bounces or plays he just gets hung out to dry by his defense.

Tampa is a pretty good example. We lost 4-3. The first goal is a complete clusterfuck on the part of the PK and somehow we get 3 guys in the same corner and the odd man out is Mattias who ignores Stamkos right in front of the net.....seriously? You let Stamkos stand in the slot unchecked? Zero chance for Eddie. The next pair of goals go in off of his own defenseman, Stanton, right in his crease. Just a WTF night for Ryan. Then Pyatt beats Lack clean on a bad angle shot that Lack absolutely should have had. Before that point it was 3-1 and we didn't give a shit because no way the Canucks were coming back from 2 down in the 3rd period.....but stranger things, we score a shorty and Bur gets another one. Lack becomes the de facto goat because of the Pyatt goal.

Eddie has been playing well, making some really good saves while his team is consistently out chanced, but he just lets in that one goal that he should have stopped.....and it's the difference. Story of the team this year.....
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

What bothers me the most is that the ONLY reason Jensen is getting ice time is due to injury's.

regardless of who the GM/Coach/scouting staff (yes Doc that is for you) the youth better get some starting ice time next year.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Hockey Widow wrote: That's what scares me. One day can be tomorrow or 40 years from now.
Or even tonight.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.