Nicklas Jensen

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

herb
CC Legend

Re: Nicklas Jensen

Post by herb »

Jensen has impressed, for sure. He was hot in Utica and has carried a lot of that with him to Vancouver.

Finally some skill and a kid who can shoot the damn puck...seeing him one time those shots on his two goals (along with Schroeder's nice goal) has been a breath of fresh air.

Fingers crossed that Shinkaruk has a great off season and another great camp in the fall. Jensen and Shinkaruk both stepping up into top six roles next season would really expedite the process.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:Jensen has impressed, for sure. He was hot in Utica and has carried a lot of that with him to Vancouver.

Finally some skill and a kid who can shoot the damn puck...seeing him one time those shots on his two goals (along with Schroeder's nice goal) has been a breath of fresh air.

Fingers crossed that Shinkaruk has a great off season and another great camp in the fall. Jensen and Shinkaruk both stepping up into top six roles next season would really expedite the process.
Having a woeful year with tons of injuries is a blessing in disguise. Jensen finally got a chance to show what he has.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Jovocop wrote:Having a woeful year with tons of injuries is a blessing in disguise. Jensen finally got a chance to show what he has.
Yes, and kudos to the coaching staff in Utica because Jensen looks nothing like the player we saw in camp and in his call up last season. Having a dedicated farm team that cares about developing Canucks' property is pretty fucking awesome. This is much more important than tanking. :lol:
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Mondi wrote:Five games is not telling of anything. If he can score 15 to 20 goals next year, then we can start gushing.
Scoring two goals and one shootout goal in just 5 games might not be telling of anything. However, for a team that has been offensive challenge for most parts of the season, it is hard not to feel good.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

herb wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Having a woeful year with tons of injuries is a blessing in disguise. Jensen finally got a chance to show what he has.
Yes, and kudos to the coaching staff in Utica because Jensen looks nothing like the player we saw in camp and in his call up last season. Having a dedicated farm team that cares about developing Canucks' property is pretty fucking awesome. This is much more important than tanking. :lol:
He looks nothing like the player I saw playing on the Comets when they were in Abbotsford a couple months ago to play the Heat.

Night and day actually.

And anyone notice Hank's play has also ramped up? I guess it's hard to be motivated when you have zero confidence in your line mates.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

SKYO wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Lancer wrote:The biggest difference I see between them is that Jensen does what Daniel hasn't done in years - get to the slot and shoot.
The biggest difference is Jensen is actually strong enough to fight through checks.
The biggest difference is Jensen is healthy.
Hard to say what's wrong with Dank. Is it post concussion issue? Is it a hidden injury? Whatever it is, it's not good.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

mathonwy wrote:
Hard to say what's wrong with Dank. Is it post concussion issue? Is it a hidden injury? Whatever it is, it's not good.
Yeah after Duncan Keith knocked him in the head, Daniel was/is never the same with his concussion.

Hoping with this time off and offseason he can get better.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

I've been extremely impressed with Jensen.

Schroder as well for that matter (although im not sure if he'll really factor in to the club's future plans).

I'm really looking forward to seeing the development of these two players, along with Fox, Horvat, Shinkaruk, and Gaunce, at camp next season.

Canucks' rebuild may not be as long as people think.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

The Brown Knight wrote:I've been extremely impressed with Jensen.

Schroder as well for that matter (although im not sure if he'll really factor in to the club's future plans).

I'm really looking forward to seeing the development of these two players, along with Fox, Horvat, Shinkaruk, and Gaunce, at camp next season.

Canucks' rebuild may not be as long as people think.

A little bit healthier next year. A couple of kids in the right spot. A couple of trades to re-tool and we may be ok.

But...a big but, lack has a long way to go to convince me he can carry a team as a number one. We may have returned to the time when we have to score 4-5 to win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The guy that Jensen is reminding me of right now is none other than one Markus Naslund.....only Jensen seems to be tougher and more ready to bull his way through checks. Other than that there are so many similarities. The wrist shot, the penchant for cutting through the slot, similar speed and style.

Jensen also appears to have more moves in the shootout.

I'm really quite OK with this as this team really needs a scorer who likes to shoot.....instead of a "scorer" who likes to pass to his brother and cycle endlessly.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Maybe, just maybe, we see the twins split up next year.
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote: But...a big but, lack has a long way to go to convince me he can carry a team as a number one. We may have returned to the time when we have to score 4-5 to win.
And that's friggin terrifying, because this team doesn't have the horses to play that game.

Here we have to hope Jensen can turn into a Grabner (20-30 goal guy), that Shinkaruk can turn into a 20-30 goal guy, that Kassian can be a 20 goal guy, and the Sedins can get back to the 70-80 point level. On top of all that hoping that a couple of our d-men can be 10+goal players without being disasters in their own zone. A lot to hope for...
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Much like everyone else I have been pretty impressed with Jensen so far. I know it is only a small sample size but he brings a breath of fresh air to Henrik's game. Burrows has really picked it up with Jensen playing along side him as well. One can only wonder what could have been this year if those two (and Daniel) would have got a "spark" like this earlier in the year?
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mr.Miyagi wrote:One can only wonder what could have been this year if those two (and Daniel) would have got a "spark" like this earlier in the year?
I can't help but wonder what the season would have been like had Gillis actually stuck to his original plan (or at least his advertised plan) of "letting the kids play" rather than trading for Dalpe and Welsh on the last day of training camp which scuttled any chances Horvat and Shinkaruk had of playing this year.

At least with three rookie forwards in the lineup the games would have been interesting, rather than totally depressing.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote: But...a big but, lack has a long way to go to convince me he can carry a team as a number one. We may have returned to the time when we have to score 4-5 to win.
And that's friggin terrifying, because this team doesn't have the horses to play that game.
I'm quite positive that atleast one of Lack or Markstrom will get to the level of Schneider/Luongo one day. Both of these guys have a lot of potential, and I think atleast one of these guys will maximize it in the not-so-distant future.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises