Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Post by SKYO »

Sedins will be fine rummy, Torts just overworked em good like a solange on jayz.

Booth it was nice knowing ya, but its time to go hunting elsewhere.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hey Betapus the 2015 draft is 8-10 deep not 2 .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote:Sedins will be fine rummy, Torts just overworked em good like a solange on jayz.

Booth it was nice knowing ya, but its time to go hunting elsewhere.
I will be very surprised if they bounce back and hit the 70 point mark again.

The Sedins are skilled, but slower, forwards, who like to play around the perimeter. They have no physical game to speak of, they are just good at taking plenty of punishment along the boards. As the league has moved more and more back towards a brand of hockey that endorses clutch and grab, trapping, shutdown, and brawn over skill (but a mix of both is preferable), the Sedins have become increasingly ineffective.

Even if the new coach is the kind of guy that lets them play the way they feel they are effective, the Sedins will still need to adapt or play in front of some very pissed off fans. The PP was crap this year because of the way Hank and Danny slow it down on the half-boards. They stand still and look for a pass, but the other guys on the PP aren't really moving because they don't know what the Sedins will do next. Plenty of times this year our PP gained the zone, setup, and then got the puck moving and the PK chasing.....until the puck ended up on the stick of a Sedin who quickly slowed things down, killed the momentum, and let the opponent's PK setup. When the other PP members were actually moving, it was pointless because the brothers were just passing it back and forth.

So while I hope they bounce back, I really do think we are going to loathe these two guys before the first year of their contracts is up.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

It's not just about point production either. The Sedins in their prime would dominate for entire shifts down low and wear teams out by the 3rd period. They could be put out there late in games with the lead and be counted on to burn precious minutes off the clock if nothing else.

You very rarely see them control the puck for extended periods anymore.

Henrik should bounce back and have a better year. It would be hard for him not to. Daniel, on the other hand, I have very low expectations for. He's sucked for two-and-a-half years now.

Seven million for a winger in his mid-to-late thirties with no bite who can't put up 50 points (despite getting over 20 minutes a night and the vast majority of O-zone starts with 1st-unit PP time) is simply terrible value. :(

I think 60 points and 20-25 goals from Dan would be pretty nice to see at this point, and that's still terrible value.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hey Betapus the 2015 draft is 8-10 deep not 2 .
YOU MAD, BRO? :mex:

Learn to read ... there are two, not 8-10 can't miss "superstar" type players that even the Canucks' Scouting Staff couldn't fuck up if they had the chance to pick either one.

BTW, Don't you open your mouth about the best, or I'm gonna shut it for you real quick!!! TAI ........ Image
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Maybe educate yourself about the 2015 draft. It is compared to the 2003 draft which has produced a dozen star players. The team should be a bubble team if they play up to their potential. However injuries, indifferent play and trading a few key players with an eye on the future should put the Canucks in bottom 5 territory.

There will be ten or 12 stars in the 2015 draft. Your rambling on about there only being two such players illlustrates your lack of knowledge on the matter. Maybe google the names Strome, Konecny or Barzal to name a few.

Stick to puppets and catch phrases from nasally radio hosts.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

:)
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Maybe educate yourself about the 2015 draft. It is compared to the 2003 draft which has produced a dozen star players. The team should be a bubble team if they play up to their potential. However injuries, indifferent play and trading a few key players with an eye on the future should put the Canucks in bottom 5 territory.

There will be ten or 12 stars in the 2015 draft. Your rambling on about there only being two such players illlustrates your lack of knowledge on the matter. Maybe google the names Strome, Konecny or Barzal to name a few.

Stick to puppets and catch phrases from nasally radio hosts.
Maybe you should educate yourself and stop being a whiny little internet dawg with a Napoleon complex and understand that there are two players that stand out from the crowd and are not just projected to be "stars" but franchise changing superstars. Know the difference.

Like the 2004 Draft. :mex:

Or maybe look at the 2008 Draft. There's a difference between No. 1 overall, Stamkos and No. 10 overall, Hodgson. One a proven "Superstar," the other has a chance to be a "star" player. 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yawn..... like dealing with a little child. At the moment Mcdavid and Eichel are SLIGHTLY ahead of the pack . The gap betwen them and about 5 or 6 others is narrowing. Some mock drafts have Eichel going 4th with Hanifin going 2nd.

As i said educate yourself and maybe stick to sock puppets and catchy one liners from unfunny TEAM 1040 jocksniffers.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yawn..... like dealing with a little child. At the moment Mcdavid and Eichel are SLIGHTLY ahead of the pack . The gap betwen them and about 5 or 6 others is narrowing. Some mock drafts have Eichel going 4th with Hanifin going 2nd.

As i said educate yourself and maybe stick to sock puppets and catchy one liners from unfunny TEAM 1040 jocksniffers.
What "mock" drafts are you referring to? The one from those wannabe MSM on the Internet that you religiously follow? LOL. 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Google is your friend Captain
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Google is your friend Captain
LINK to the one(s) you feel are credible. Else, you are all talk and no action and just a whiny little dawg. No offense, BTW. 8-)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

At least you haven't had a meltdown . I am aware if the depth and talent in the 2015 draft while clearly you are not .
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Come on you guys, do you think people want to read this petty diatribe? It's kind of like tuning in a radio station that has a new-age meaningless fluff teen beat going on; nobody really wants to listen to it and so the radio dial keeps moving onto another station.
cc oldtimer
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:At least you haven't had a meltdown .
Oh please ... when you try to shit on the best, that’s the result you're going to get. :mex:

I am aware if the depth and talent in the 2015 draft while clearly you are not .
Clearly you can't produce the google search "Mock Draft 2015 results" your words had previously stated. :roll:

But I guess that's what you do. Crap on other posters and when called out you run away from answering the simple request faster than Forrest Gump!!!!! :hmmm:
Blaster86
CC Veteran

Post by Blaster86 »

Betamax wrote:
Clearly you can't produce the google search "Mock Draft 2015 results" your words had previously stated. :roll:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=2015+NHL+Mock+Draft