Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Who Can Be The Canucks New GM?

Post by Meds »

Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:At least you haven't had a meltdown .
Oh please ... when you try to shit on the best, that’s the result you're going to get. :mex:

I am aware if the depth and talent in the 2015 draft while clearly you are not .
Clearly you can't produce the google search "Mock Draft 2015 results" your words had previously stated. :roll:

But I guess that's what you do. Crap on other posters and when called out you run away from answering the simple request faster than Forrest Gump!!!!! :hmmm:
http://www.draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft/2015/

Now would you shut up already Bitchaman? And then do us all a favor and quit shotgunning drivel all over the fucking place.

Seriously, TBK wasn't as annoying as you.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Mëds wrote:
Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:At least you haven't had a meltdown .
Oh please ... when you try to shit on the best, that’s the result you're going to get. :mex:

I am aware if the depth and talent in the 2015 draft while clearly you are not .
Clearly you can't produce the google search "Mock Draft 2015 results" your words had previously stated. :roll:

But I guess that's what you do. Crap on other posters and when called out you run away from answering the simple request faster than Forrest Gump!!!!! :hmmm:

Now would you shut up already Bitchaman? And then do us all a favor and quit shotgunning drivel all over the fucking place.

YOU MAD, BRO? Image

Uh, from the link you provided ... the "mock draft 2015" was produced by Bill Placzek. Just who the HELL is this " Bill Placzek?"

I did a twitter search and found this:

https://twitter.com/TheREALWiz
Bill Placzek
@TheREALWiz

Chicago Blackhawks Aficionado Supreme Wannabe Junior player talent evaluator

St. Petersburg, FL · draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft
The guy has uh, 196 followers. So is this kind of site and "expert" Blob and by extension you, Mëds, are depending on to form your opinions on future NHL Prospects? LOL.

What a joke! Can you get serious? :mex:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Betamax wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Betamax wrote: Clearly you can't produce the google search "Mock Draft 2015 results" your words had previously stated. :roll:

YOU MAD, BRO? Image

Uh, from the link you provided ... the "mock draft 2015" was produced by Bill Placzek. Just who the HELL is this " Bill Placzek?"

I did a twitter search and found this:

https://twitter.com/TheREALWiz
Bill Placzek
@TheREALWiz

Chicago Blackhawks Aficionado Supreme Wannabe Junior player talent evaluator

St. Petersburg, FL · draftsite.com/nhl/mock-draft
The guy has uh, 196 followers. So is this kind of site and "expert" Blob and by extension you, Mëds, are depending on to form your opinions on future NHL Prospects? LOL.

What a joke! Can you get serious? :mex:
Am I mad bro? Really? LOL! I don't get mad on here, there's no point.....just leads to meltdowns.

No the link I provided wasn't supposed to be serious. In fact I barely glanced at it. I google searched, clicked on it, made sure it was actually 2015 and not 2014, then linked it. Took me all of 30 seconds. The point was just to placate a nuisance. But I'm glad you followed up to check on the guy that posted it.....I didn't think it was worth the time. And no, I can't get serious. Getting serious in a reply to the redundant drivel that you post is actually almost worth of a real life LOL.....almost.

Oh, and just to be clear, that nuisance I was attempting to placate.....that was you. Looks like it didn't work.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Next years draft is deep my little ass wart . You can believe it or not I could care less . I have heard guys like Mckenzie and Lebrun talk about how good it is and the fact there are as many as ten high end blue chip building block type players . I have seen mock drafts online but if you are waiting for a link you will be waiting a long time .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Next years draft is deep my little ass wart . You can believe it or not I could care less . I have heard guys like Mckenzie and Lebrun talk about how good it is and the fact there are as many as ten high end blue chip building block type players . I have seen mock drafts online but if you are waiting for a link you will be waiting a long time .
Uh, that's because you write stuff here that your google searches can't find. #VERIFIED :mex:

re:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yawn..... like dealing with a little child. At the moment Mcdavid and Eichel are SLIGHTLY ahead of the pack . The gap betwen them and about 5 or 6 others is narrowing. Some mock drafts have Eichel going 4th with Hanifin going 2nd.

As i said educate yourself and maybe stick to sock puppets and catchy one liners from unfunny TEAM 1040 jocksniffers.
#NO_CREDIBILITY :mex:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Betamax wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Next years draft is deep my little ass wart . You can believe it or not I could care less . I have heard guys like Mckenzie and Lebrun talk about how good it is and the fact there are as many as ten high end blue chip building block type players . I have seen mock drafts online but if you are waiting for a link you will be waiting a long time .
Uh, that's because you write stuff here that your google searches can't find. #VERIFIED :mex:

re:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Yawn..... like dealing with a little child. At the moment Mcdavid and Eichel are SLIGHTLY ahead of the pack . The gap betwen them and about 5 or 6 others is narrowing. Some mock drafts have Eichel going 4th with Hanifin going 2nd.

As i said educate yourself and maybe stick to sock puppets and catchy one liners from unfunny TEAM 1040 jocksniffers.
#NO_CREDIBILITY :mex:
http://canuckscorner.com/forums/memberl ... le&u=20572 #redundantnuisance
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blaster86 wrote:
Betamax wrote:
[Let Me Google It For You Link]
Uh, that's WAS the point. Blob obviously knew the results would be a shitty "Mock Draft" from some website and author that nobody heard of ... so he, uh, obfuscated and tried to change the topic and not be a stand up Blob and apologize for his faux pas on misreading my comments. So disrespectful!

Let's go back shall we .................. in reply to comments made by:
Betamax wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:^^ They'll be getting a lot more playoff revenue if they tear it down and get top value now, before a wicked draft.

Hopefully the Francesco fuckups of yesteryear have convinced him to butt out.
I don't think no matter how hard they try, even if they could re-hire the late Bill Laforge, could they finish with the worst record next season to essentially guarantee themselves one of two future "superstars." 8-)
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Hey Betapus the 2015 draft is 8-10 deep not 2 .
Clearly Blob didn't carefully read my innocuous and correct comments.

As recently stated by web sites hockey fans have acutally heard of:

via: http://www.tsn.ca/bardown/Story.aspx?PA ... &id=450078

PASS IT ON: Running the NHL for the day
Dave Hodge, (@TSNDaveHodge) Apr. 22, 2014 7:58 PM:
Here's item two - the 2015 NHL entry draft, to be known as the Conor McDavid-Jack Eichel sweepstakes.

McDavid and Eichel are two so-called "franchise-changers". The NHL teams that land them won't just be better, they may succeed for many years to come solely because of them.
via: http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=27787

2015 shaping up as battle between McDavid, Eichel

Friday, 03.28.2014 / 11:24 AM
By Mike G. Morreale - NHL.com Staff Writer
In a draft that looks to be loaded with offensive and defensive talent across the board, there are two headliners starring at center for their respective teams in Connor McDavid of the Erie Otters in the Ontario Hockey League and Jack Eichel of the United States Under-18 National Team Development Program in the United States Hockey League.

NHL.com asked nine scouts in attendance at NHL Central Scouting's final meetings this week for their personal choice between the two. The impromptu poll had McDavid earning a slim 5-4 victory.
via: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ho ... t/7485681/

USA's Jack Eichel has eyes on 2015 top prize
Kevin Allen, USA TODAY Sports 12:58 a.m. EDT April 9, 2014
"This could be like (Alex) Ovechkin and Evgeni Malkin going one and two," said former Flames general manager Craig Button, now a paid draft analyst.
via: http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/can-j ... d-in-2015/

Can Jack Eichel beat Connor McDavid in 2015?
By: Ryan Kennedy on February 21, 2014
The second path is dogma. For example, Connor McDavid has to go first overall in 2015, right?

According to several NHL scouts, that may not be the case anymore.

“I would take Jack Eichel, personally,” said one.
via: http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey ... ttery.html

30 Thoughts: Changing odds in NHL draft lottery
By Elliotte Friedman
Posted: Monday, March 17, 2014 | 11:26 AM
As we head towards a 2015 draft with two talents that have scouts drooling -- Jack Eichel and Connor McDavid -- the NHL is considering a system that could see the lottery going beyond just the No. 1 overall choice.
So, uh, let's see ... Betamax cites not one, not two, not three, not four, but five credible hockey websites that hockey fans have actually heard of and respect ... while Blob effectively pulls a "No Mas" when asked to back his "opinion" he uh, borrowed from some non-descript NHL Mock Draft website.

LOL.

That says it all. :mex:
Last edited by Betamax on Sun May 25, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uhhhh no Blob knows its a deep draft and that was his main point . Blob sees no need to provide inferior posters with links . Asswart should just go lance himself and put hisself out of his misery.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Uhhhh no Blob knows its a deep draft and that was his main point . Blob sees no need to provide inferior posters with links . Asswart should just go lance himself and put hisself out of his misery.
Well, Blob -- there's a difference between can't miss "Superstars", "Stars" and the, "Role" players in hockey and in social media.

Blob, I know you've been a long time poster on these, uh, old school canucks messageboards. A, "role" player journeyman if you will. That's why you can't, uh, exactly relate to a superstar caliber poster in the present like Betamax, or in the past like, uh what, other old school posters' Strangelove and ODB have quoted in their sigs. Although, I would point out that said poster is now "washed up" and a "has been" -- at least that poster was not a "never was" like you are. :(

No disrespect, muchacho, because, we all can't be superstars! :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

You still have wet dreams too ? :lol:
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hey Betamax, one of your links (Friedman's story about potentially changing the draft lottery/odds) supports your "there are two top prospects" claim but seriously undermines your original "there's no way the Canucks could get one of them" claim.

I mean, if you care about people being able to support their claims that might be an issue.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

It's pretty obvious that McDavid/Eichel are the consensus 1-2 picks heading into next years draft. But it IS supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in a long time. So while you might wind up with an Ovechkin/Malkin 1-2 punch, maybe instead of Barker/Ladd/Wheeler follow-up you wind up with guys like Horton, Vanek, Suter, Phaneuf etc. in the top-10. A guy like Matthew Barzal could easily be a franchise player. Dylan Strome put up similar numbers in his first OHL season as Sam Bennett, who is right at the top of this years draft class. Travis Konecny was over a PPG as a 16 year old, and he might go around 10th... it's an extremely deep draft, which I think was all Blob was saying... There could be several franchise players coming out of it.

Either way, the Canucks would have to be REAL bad to end up with one of the top-2 picks. Unless the draft lottery changes substantially, or GMJB gets rid of EVERYONE, I don't see how the Canucks are even worse than last year... maybe if the goaltending completely implodes.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

dbr wrote:Hey Betamax, one of your links (Friedman's story about potentially changing the draft lottery/odds) supports your "there are two top prospects" claim but seriously undermines your original "there's no way the Canucks could get one of them" claim.

I mean, if you care about people being able to support their claims that might be an issue.
Oh please, dave, spare me your rhetoric. There's a big difference between speculation and proposals and what the reality of the situation currently is. I'm operating on the premise that things will stay the same. Until things actually change it would be premature to get your hopes up, cyber bro. :mex:
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Island Nucklehead wrote:It's pretty obvious that McDavid/Eichel are the consensus 1-2 picks heading into next years draft. But it IS supposed to be one of the deepest drafts in a long time. So while you might wind up with an Ovechkin/Malkin 1-2 punch, maybe instead of Barker/Ladd/Wheeler follow-up you wind up with guys like Horton, Vanek, Suter, Phaneuf etc. in the top-10. A guy like Matthew Barzal could easily be a franchise player. Dylan Strome put up similar numbers in his first OHL season as Sam Bennett, who is right at the top of this years draft class. Travis Konecny was over a PPG as a 16 year old, and he might go around 10th... it's an extremely deep draft, which I think was all Blob was saying... There could be several franchise players coming out of it.

Either way, the Canucks would have to be REAL bad to end up with one of the top-2 picks. Unless the draft lottery changes substantially, or GMJB gets rid of EVERYONE, I don't see how the Canucks are even worse than last year... maybe if the goaltending completely implodes.
I think it could be similar to the 2008 Draft. Two consensus top picks in Stamkos and Doughty ... with a bunch of other high quality players that have the potential to be franchise players. At least two others right now is in the discussion of being in the Stamkos or Doughty caliber franchise types ... i..e Karlsson and you could put Pietrangelo at that level.

But still, it was a virtual no brainer, can't miss with a Stamkos or Doughty pick to be "superstar" franchise players, while there were some doubts on the others whether the others had BEYOND "star" level players to reach a franchise caliber player. So there was some "luck" in play with the other picks beyond the top two.

While even the Canucks' scouting staff would have a great draft if they could pick in the top 2, because the chance of f'king things up was virtually nil. Beyond that, there were some landmines which I wouldn't put it past the Canucks' to step on ... if we go by history. :mex:
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

herb wrote:Benning seems like a nice guy. He's not a very good talker, and was obviously quite uncomfortable to start in front of the camera. Boy was he sweating bullets. I wanted to hand the man a damn towel.

He got more comfortable as the press conference went on. He wants to be more uptempo, and intends to make the playoffs every year (i.e. no tear it apart rebuild).
Benning didn't look like he likes the spotlight for sure, he's a pure hockey guy and it looks like Trev will be more of the PR/media guy. It might be a good match. It seems like all Benning wants to do is scout players and find guys who he thinks will improve the team, he's basically a chief scout who now has GM authority.

Few thoughts about what he said:

1) he said he likes the core and wants the Canucks to play that up tempo game and have that swagger again. He wants to make the playoffs every year. I know this is coming from the guy who advocated to move guys like Kessel, Raycroft and Seguin. Who knows if this is what he is really thinking, we'll definitely see as the team shapes up for training camp. Maybe after he sees our core players play for like 40+ games, he might have a different opinion. I dunno, I just fear if we keep trying to make the playoffs every year, we'll get stuck in the middle (kind of like Calgary the last few years), always trying to make the playoffs, but not good enuff to make it and not crappy enuff to get the top picks.

2) he said he's willing to approach players with NTC if the player doesn't really fit what the organization is trying to accomplish. That was a bit refreshing to hear, kind of contradicted Trev on that stand point.

3) he wants to build a 4 line team, play 6 D, and wants the bottom six guys to be more gritty and wear teams down. That sounds nice and we had some forwards who kind of fit that profile before (ie: Torres, Weiser, LapDawg), but our former coaches/GM didn't play em much and moved em out. There are some players out there who can play that role (some proven, some who just need a chance), hopefully Benning can find em and bring more of those type of guys back. We have a few guys in the organization who maybe able to step in that role as well (ie - Lain, Archibald, Gaunce and BoHo), it'll be interesting to see what Benning & Co does the year or so.