Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospects'14

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:44 am I heard through the grapevine that ole Bubbles likes to drink alone in seedy bars, ends up getting in arguments with people who aren't there which leads to drunken shadow boxing followed by a good ole fashion hog tie toss out the bar and onto the streets of the DTES. This is his usual path to an Astoria hotel room at 3am in the morning
What a crock of shit. You know I drink at the Patricia
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

aha good read the 1st 10 pages.

Looking back I wanted to get Fleury as "dmen take forever to develop".

This draft wasn't good for dmen however, after Ekblad the ok dmen left was/is Fleury, Sanheim and then we got Tryamkin!(russian factor tho).

2nd rounder Masin seems to be trending ok for TBL, same with Brandon Montour for the Ducks.

DeAngelo is bust, iirc he had issues in junior with his attitude/anger.

Could be if got Ehlers/Nylander they could have bumped us up in points a bit to where we couldn't have drafted Elias Pettersson maybe who imo will be better than both of them in the end.

Anyways 4 years later I'm still wanting to get a high end dman who has #1D potential!

Juolevi seems like a future top pairing guy / top 4D, but not a #1D.

2014 our dmen prospects were Corrado, Hutton and Subban, 4 years later it's Juolevi, somewhat huts/stecher/pouliot & Chatfield, Brisebois, Holm---Tryamkin has two more years on his KHL contract. Benning has concentrated more on the forward ranks and luckily goaltending nabbing Thatcher Demko this 2014 draft. :thumbs:

For the upcoming 2018 draft, we gotta work the dmen this time & it's a good one to pick a defenseman, hopefully with the veteran trades at the TDD we land another 1st or 2nd rounder(s).
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:37 pm Reading up on this McCann kid. Bob McKenzie has him ranked 12th. Button ranks him higher. Like his potential. If we keep shitting the bed we are getting a good prospect. Picks 4-12, flip a coin nobody in that range is separating themselves from the pack.

Would love to have Reinhart or Bennett though
Lol

Blobs gonna have your ass dude. :lol:
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Welcome to the Dark Side Minions: The Top Draft Prospect

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:32 am
RoyalDude wrote: Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:37 pm Reading up on this McCann kid. Bob McKenzie has him ranked 12th. Button ranks him higher. Like his potential. If we keep shitting the bed we are getting a good prospect. Picks 4-12, flip a coin nobody in that range is separating themselves from the pack.

Would love to have Reinhart or Bennett though
Lol

Blobs gonna have your ass dude. :lol:
Lmfao
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Reefer2 wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:36 pm A few posters who were on in this thread haven’t been back in a long time?

I wonder why?
My guess?

Certain people love digging up 4 year old arguments that nobody cares about anymore, just to make a point or renew a pointless Bitch session.. alpha egos being alpha egos and all that.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

We always dig up old dude quotes every summer mcb...and thats what keeps many coming back...
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 am We always dig up old dude quotes every summer mcb...and thats what keeps many coming back...

Huh. I guess I always thought it made the board seem like it was infested with a bunch of petulant little children with keyboards, temper tantrums, bullying, and the safety of moms basement opposed to a place where people can have different opinions and talk hockey like adults.

Guess I was wrong.

Anyways, off to work. Have fun on the internet today everyone!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:59 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:55 am We always dig up old dude quotes every summer mcb...and thats what keeps many coming back...

Huh. I guess I always thought it made the board seem like it was infested with a bunch of petulant little children with keyboards, temper tantrums, bullying, and the safety of moms basement opposed to a place where people can have different opinions and talk hockey like adults.

Guess I was wrong.

We do not need old posts to do that, a regular poster or 2 does a great job acting like children with temper tantrums on a daily basis.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 am a regular poster or 2 does a great job acting like children with temper tantrums on a daily basis.
Good job taking that first step Reef, I'm proud of ya brah! :thumbs:

Lol, you’ve had more meltdowns in this forum than CNN on November 8, 2016…
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:09 am

Guess I was wrong.

We do not need old posts to do that, a regular poster or 2 does a great job acting like children with temper tantrums on a daily basis.
Which posters are you referring to Reef?

Wasn’t it you that wanted to cave in someone’s face with a bat at one time ?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:51 pm

Guess I was wrong.

Never, show me where I said it.

Not that few don’t need a good whack over the head.

By the way you are not the poster I’m talking about, that one will never admit they have a problem
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Ok maybe it was Mëds. Someone was going to take a bat to someone’s teeth.... or perhaps a size 21 foot from a 6 ft 13 leg up their ass. Lotsa anger here.

I thought you and Dude were buddies Reef
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RD has some insight into draft picks, but yuh just take it with a grain of salt.

I’m sure if I did say anything some will provide a link.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:10 pm RD has some insight into draft picks, but yuh just take it with a grain of salt.

I’m sure if I did say anything some will provide a link.
Ya like his faves Reinhart and Bennett :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:51 pm

show me where I said it.

Not that a few don’t need a good whack over the head.
Oh my god, he just said it again! :wow:

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:38 pm By the way you are not the poster I’m talking about, that one will never admit they have a problem
"I'm going to go out on a limb here. I think your friend is you." - Dr Ben Sobel, Analyze This
____
Try to focus on someday.