Trade Deadline 2014

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Deadline 2014

Post by 2Fingers »

dbr wrote:
mathonwy wrote:#fireMikeGillis
Is this what this board has come to?
No it needs more racist or sexist comments.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

Reefer2 wrote:
dbr wrote:
No it needs more racist or sexist comments.
No offense Reefer, but you've probably made more racist and sexist comments than anyone on the board (including Topper). Chris actually warned you about your behavior on the old board.

Although the comments are no longer searchable (which is why you feel comfortable in posting this?), don't think for a second that regulars at the old CC won't back up my story.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

dbr wrote:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

rats19 wrote:Is it over at noon..
More or less.

Deadline is 3PM EST. Any trade calls made to the league before then are in a queue and processed so long as the deal was made before 3PM. Some trades will break in the news as late as 3PM PST.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Although the comments are no longer searchable (which is why you feel comfortable in posting this?), don't think for a second that regulars at the old CC won't back up my story.
I must have shown up on the old board after his warning.....I sure don't remember reefer being offside in much of anything other than a lousy speller.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

A difference in opinion on how to re-build/re-tool, even how to define where the club is at, seemed to be the major reason that is emerging. It seems to be emerging that MG was severely hampered in making the Luongo deal and it may be that the same thing is playing out here.

My sources are saying nothing is coming from the players today, very silent so it's hard to get a feel.

I think it is safe to say that there is a rift between MG and his boss but too early to say how serious it is. I say that because one of the difference in opinion is exactly what direction this re-tool/re-build should take. So perhaps it is simply stepping back, analyzing the offers and interest they received this week and take a more reasoned, calmer approach this summer.

There is also a different opinion on whether trade deadline day of the draft is a better time to move players. I think everyone agrees change is needed, just not how to get there.
The only HW the Canucks need
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:
The Brown Knight wrote:
I must have shown up on the old board after his warning.....I sure don't remember reefer being offside in much of anything other than a lousy speller.
I think TBK was being funny. I'm not so sure now though..
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The Brown Knight wrote:
No offense Reefer, but you've probably made more racist and sexist comments than anyone on the board (including Topper). Chris actually warned you about your behavior on the old board.

you are so fucking wrong you have no idea of what you are talking about. I was married to an Asian, my kids are half Asian, I actually commented on people using the N word. I don't care if someone is Gay or not, it is their choice. So before you make completely off base comments get your facts straight.

Dumb ass.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

LOL Reef, TBK is getting under your skin like a chigger!

EDIT: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/chigger
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

MG says that most of the rumours out there about offers for players were just plain false. Holmgren confirms Flyers never made an offer for Kesler. Seems this was all driven by eastern media, again.
The only HW the Canucks need
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

The highlight of today's trade deadline was listening to Bryan Murray try to pronounce "Ales Hemsky".
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

BurningBeard wrote:The highlight of today's trade deadline was listening to Bryan Murray try to pronounce "Ales Hemsky".
:lol:
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

Re: Vanek, its hard to believe that there were not other contending teams willing to pay the price for Vanek. I know he's a pure rental, but still seems damn low, even in comparison to some of the other deals made.

The conditional picks are based on whether or not the Canadiens make the playoffs. If they hold their current playoff spot, then the Canadiens swap their second-rounder for the Islanders' fifth-round pick. If the Canadiens fall out and miss the playoffs, then the deal will just be Collberg for the rental of Vanek.

Would you trade Schroeder and a conditional 2nd rd pick for Vanek if we thought we had any chance at making some noise in the playoffs? Kes would have like to have Vanek on his wing I bet :) Higgens and Hansen it is for you Ryan.