Luongo to Panthers for Markstrom and Mattias

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Luongo to Panthers for Markstrom and Mattias

Post by vic »

Strangelove wrote:
The_Pauser wrote: We now have the worst goaltending in the league (given up the most goals against in the league since the trade)
:roll:

Small sample sizes are for small minds.

So then here you go: Old Man Lou is the most injured number one goalie in the league since the trade. :mrgreen:
Kassian has 7 points in his last 5 games, which equates to a 114 point season
Crosby has 6 in 5 which equates to a 98 point season.

I'm sure glad we have Kassian over Crosby on the Canucks.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Knight wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Goaltending is no worse than it was before and it was never good enough to win a cup . Would much rather pay 2.6 million for average goaltending than 9.3 million .
I'll have to disagree here Blob.

Although I have a lot of confidence that one of Lack or Markstrom will become a superb goalie one day, there's no way you can compare them to Luongo/Schneider right now................by implying that our goaltending NOW is just as efficient as it was from 2006-2013.
Pauser wrote:Goaltending sure as hell was good enough for us to win, assuming we had a competent offense which we didn't, but it's more logical to ask more out of a poor offense than it is to ask more out of a goaltender who's terrible at scoring goals.
Pauser is correct here Blob. Luongo and Schneider certainly had a few "chinks in the armour" so to speak, but they gave us pretty good goaltending for the most part. Our losses in 2011, 2012, and 2013 was largely due to our impotent offense.

Our losses in 2009 and 2010? You might have a point there.
You can disagree all you want. You can huff gas with the pauser too...that's ok. Either way the entire team has shit the bed lately and it wouldn't matter which goalie was in net during the last 6 weeks , it wouldn't make any fucking difference.

At this point Luongo is a slightly above average goalie making big money signed for 8 years. Lack/Markstrom are average and improving and are making chump change. If Luongo/Schneider are marginally better who gives a fuck ? The team has much bigger issues than their goaltending atm. Goaltending is about as important as the quality of the 4th line .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: At this point Luongo is a slightly above average goalie making big money signed for 8 years. Lack/Markstrom are average and improving and are making chump change. If Luongo/Schneider are marginally better who gives a fuck ? The team has much bigger issues than their goaltending atm. Goaltending is about as important as the quality of the 4th line .
At the beginning of next season Lou will have the 12th highest cap hit among goaltenders. That isn't factoring in what Ryan Miller, Jonas Hiller, and Jaro Halak, will sign for. It's not unthinkable that they end up in the $5.5M range.....Miller will probably be $6M or more. That would dump Lou to 15th. It's just the term that is big.

You're right though, if this team could have scored at even a 2.5+ goal/game pace this year we would probably be sitting around 5th in the West. Goaltending has not been the issue.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: You're right though, if this team could have scored at even a 2.5+ goal/game pace this year we would probably be sitting around 5th in the West. Goaltending has not been the issue.
And if we didn't constantly have defensive gaff after defensive gaff which led to glorious scoring chances for the opposition.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

herb wrote:
Mëds wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: You're right though, if this team could have scored at even a 2.5+ goal/game pace this year we would probably be sitting around 5th in the West. Goaltending has not been the issue.
And if we didn't constantly have defensive gaff after defensive gaff which led to glorious scoring chances for the opposition.
The Canucks have been putting up a GPG of 2.4ish. Even if they hit the 2.6 mark they would still have a negative differential, but they would have added 15 goals to their total and with the way they have lost so many low scoring games that could be the difference of 8 or 9 wins, so that would mean we would be fighting for 6th with LA. And with those extra wins would come a bit of a boost in confidence which often translates into better play all around.....blah blah blah.....all hypotheticals, I know.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Am I the only person who thinks it would be hilarious if the Panthers left Florida and moved to Seattle?

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpol ... aches.html
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

herb wrote:Am I the only person who thinks it would be hilarious if the Panthers left Florida and moved to Seattle?

lol that would be awesome and hilarious.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by The Brown Knight »

herb wrote:Am I the only person who thinks it would be hilarious if the Panthers left Florida and moved to Seattle?

Nope! :lol:

Count me in as a guy that would find that funny as well.
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Funny as hell....
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Follow the Yellow Brick Road to the Emerald City staring Gina Luongo caught in a whirlwind and clicking the heels of her red shoes together three times while saying, "There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home."
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Pretty funny :lol: