Lack over Lou

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Lack over Lou

Post by Jovocop »

herb wrote:
Topper wrote:All Luongo said was that he was disappointed in not getting the start. How does that make him "not a team guy"?

Folks need to read the media stories and separate what was said and what the talking head interprets. Seperate the reality from the fantasy.
I agree. My issue is with the fan and media reaction.
The main problem is the media. However, Luongo keeps feeding them materials to stir the freaking pot. By saying "my contract sucks" on the national TV, how the hell can MG trade him? Sometimes, it is better to STFU than saying too much.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Stop reading what the media interprets Luongo to have said.

"My contract sucks" - well isn't that honest? Everyone agrees that under the current CBA, his contract sucks. Gillis included.

"I always wanted to play in an outdoor game" - again honest. I'm sure if the talking head asked any player in the league he'd say the same thing.

If the media is the problem, do what I do, ridicule their silliness or ignore them If their audience laughs at them or turns them off, they are no longer effective. How long did it take for the dumb guy who knows nothing to loose his credibility?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Jovocop wrote:
herb wrote:
Topper wrote:All Luongo said was that he was disappointed in not getting the start. How does that make him "not a team guy"?

Folks need to read the media stories and separate what was said and what the talking head interprets. Seperate the reality from the fantasy.
I agree. My issue is with the fan and media reaction.
The main problem is the media. However, Luongo keeps feeding them materials to stir the freaking pot. By saying "my contract sucks" on the national TV, how the hell can MG trade him? Sometimes, it is better to STFU than saying too much.
Ok, so he said his contract sucks. That was a year ago. Plenty of players have expressed being disappointed by not getting to play. He didn't feed them anything. He said he didn't want to start talking about all of this again, that he's disappointed that he didn't get the call, and that it's out of his hands. Did you hear him bitch or moan even once in Sochi when Price was given the nod over him despite him turning in the better game in the opening two contests? Nope.

Lou hasn't fed the media any material since last year's trade deadline. Since then he's been the epitome of team player, and his conduct throughout the shortened season was exemplary with the exception of deadline day where Nonis screwed him over.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

There's a time for players to state their honest opinion, & a time to STFU.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

sagebrush wrote:There's a time for players to state their honest opinion, & a time to STFU.
Would silence when asked about not playing in the Heritage Classic been any better?

For the record, Lack didn't start an outdoor game either. was this just Lou's humour kicking in. Missing the Strombone1 pick of the closed roof?

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

He could have just said - 'it's up to the coach'.

No elaboration was required.

No need to feed the parasites.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

At which point the media feeds on a perceived Luongo/Torts fall out...... damned if you do.........

mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The Brown Knight wrote:wooooosh indeed.

Mathonwy,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you really need some significant work on your reading comprehension abilities. It sucks for me to say this because I think you're a decent guy, but perhaps there is a valid reason why people on here are constantly tearing you apart in these hockey debates?

Just food for thought.

Again - no offense intended. I just think it might be a good idea for you read things a little more thoroughly or think things through a bit more.

Cheers.
Dear TBK,

Please take your nose out of Topper's ass.

Love,

Math.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

mathonwy wrote:

Mathonwy,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you really need some significant work on your reading comprehension abilities. It sucks for me to say this because I think you're a decent guy, but perhaps there is a valid reason why people on here are constantly tearing you apart in these hockey debates?

Just food for thought.

Again - no offense intended. I just think it might be a good idea for you read things a little more thoroughly or think things through a bit more.

Cheers.
Dear TBK,

Love,

Math.
Really, homophobic bullying?

Is this what the board has come to?

dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Topper wrote: Really, homophobic bullying?

Homophile.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

So, Gillis in 1040 basically said they kept him out Sunday because they were working on a deal. maybe he's trying to cover Torts' ass, but I'd prefer to believe it because then it at least provides some background logic to a dumb decision.

And away we go, the fun continues!
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Topper wrote:
mathonwy wrote:

Mathonwy,

Just food for thought.

Cheers.
Dear TBK,

Love,

Math.
Really, homophobic bullying?

Ok, leave it in.

Sorry Topper.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Boston Canucker wrote: So, Gillis in 1040 basically said they kept him out Sunday because they were working on a deal. maybe he's trying to cover Torts' ass, but I'd prefer to believe it because then it at least provides some background logic to a dumb decision.

And away we go, the fun continues!
... and today they trade his whiny prima donna ass! :mex:

Friedman said Saturday that he heard Canucks might be trying to deal Lou

But of course he was drowned out by the rest of the media: "OMG CLASSLESS VANCOUVER!!!"
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

So he probably had a team or two that was showing interest in Luongo and for all the reasons he said, afternoon game, bad ice, poor conditions, jet leg, Lack playing well, coupled with new interest in Luongo, you play Lack. You don't risk an injury if a window to trade Luongo has just reopened when you promised Luongo you would try to move him.

So you decide the season is toast, Lack has met or exceeded expectations, parts of the core going to be traded and now you have a window to move Luongo. So you call Florida, a team you promised Luongo you would try to move him to,and see if the are now interested given the changes that have gone on there and the fact there season sucks too.

You know another team or two have expressed interest but no one offering a home run so all Florida has to do is offer back a young goalie and a young centre and the deal us done.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hockey Widow wrote:So he probably had a team or two that was showing interest in Luongo and for all the reasons he said, afternoon game, bad ice, poor conditions, jet leg, Lack playing well, coupled with new interest in Luongo, you play Lack. You don't risk an injury if a window to trade Luongo has just reopened when you promised Luongo you would try to move him.
Almost GMMG's exact word when interviewed between periods......after the stock 'it is the coach's decision who plays".

He also acknowledged the periodic communication with Florida and the change in ownership there that allowed the deal to progress. just as in your earlier post 8-)