Kesler has requested a trade

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Kesler has requested a trade

Post by Meds »

dbr wrote:Calm down man. Let things pan out before getting all uppity, right now LeBrun is saying there are two front runners, not "he won't waive for 27 teams."

Whatever happens I hope this team does not act like a laughingstock franchise, if you're going to coerce a guy into waiving his NTC you might as well hire Brian Lawton to do it.

I also don't have ill will towards Kesler, I guess looking out for #1 doesn't jive with what we expect from hockey players but whatever. I don't begrudge a guy wanting to win, at least he didn't basically force the team to trade him to 1 franchise only so he could go play with his brother or eat dinner at his in-laws every weekend or whatever.
Just expressing my ire over a guy who wants a fresh start, but, according to Dreger (I think it was), has only given the nod for a trade to Anaheim or Chicago. I didn't care much until I heard that he was only green lighting 2 teams. If it's a longer list than those 2 then whatever.....so long as Benning gets the best possible return.

My initial response to most of this shit that involves pampered millionaires who play a game is always a "heart on my sleeve" reaction. I'm sure that's been well documented. :look: I always come back down to earth and get more "rational". :P
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

So this all comes from Mr. Reliable. I would suggest patience until someone with some credibility reports what is happening.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Canuck-One wrote:So this all comes from Mr. Reliable. I would suggest patience until someone with some credibility reports what is happening.
Is there anyone reliable in the media?

I just wait until and IF a deal gets done.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

According to Bob McKenzie at TSN:
There is a list of six teams for Kesler and the two teams that seem to be the most interested in him right now are the Blackhawks and Ducks; that's not news. There's nothing imminent on the Kesler front because I get the sense that Anaheim and Chicago believe they're the only two teams in the running, therefore the offers aren't good enough for what Vancouver wants to do. Vancouver isn't going to do this deal if they don't get the right amount, or at least not at the draft.

And the other thing for the Canucks, like a lot of teams, they're trying to move up and get the first overall pick. Right now Panthers GM Dale Tallon has three legitimate offers, which is up from one. But don't confuse legitimate offers with a deal that he would absolutely make right now. Right now it's more likely he'll be using the first overall pick to make a selection than trading it.
Chillax. In GMJB We Trust. :mex:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The long and short of it, Kesler isn't going anywhere soon. Yippie Ky Yay. I look forward to another season with the massive elephant in the room and the eventual trade of Kesler at the trade deadline in which the returning assets won't be much better than what we got for Luongo. Don't expect a windfall return for Kesler at the trade deadline with just one year left on a contract before hitting UFA status
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mëds wrote: Just expressing my ire over a guy who wants a fresh start, but, according to Dreger (I think it was), has only given the nod for a trade to Anaheim or Chicago.
Well anyone who runs with what Dreger says deserves a cyberkick in the cybernuts...
Mëds wrote: My initial response to most of this shit that involves pampered millionaires who play a game is always a "heart on my sleeve" reaction. I'm sure that's been well documented. :look: I always come back down to earth and get more "rational". :P
UMMMM... is that before or after you get yourself banned there... Hench? :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:The long and short of it, Kesler isn't going anywhere soon. Yippie Ky Yay. I look forward to another season with the massive elephant in the room and the eventual trade of Kesler at the trade deadline in which the returning assets won't be much better than what we got for Luongo. Don't expect a windfall return for Kesler at the trade deadline with just one year left on a contract before hitting UFA status
Yeah so it wasn't all about Gillis.

You're just a bitter bitter man. :(

If you don't believe Bennden is gonna trade Kesler by now you're FUBAR old bean.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Something about the tap water at the Orca Bay offices that is making our GMs completely incapable at getting shit done. Massive procrastinating to the point of when they do eventually pull the trigger, the asset in question will be devalued considerably from the time when they should have pulled the trigger but didnt cause they didnt like the offers. In short, they eventually accept the original shitty offer after the long drawn out realization that the offers will not get better, just worse, and Canuck fans endure another circus of a season.

Advise for Benden, take the best fucking deal and be done with it!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Well if the returns less than desirable now(picks & prospects) and is the same at trade deadline, why not keep him around for the 60 games rather than struggle a whole season w/o a 2nd top 6 C,the team only has to make it through the last portion of the season w/o him, giving other players more time to develop and to replace him.
I don't buy all the untenable elephant-in-the-room B.S. the drama queens are spewing here.Lack benefited immensely from having Luongo here,and the situation only soured when Tort's decided to play Lack at the HC.
If Keslers only given the Canucks 2 trading partners he shouldn't be disappointed or surprised if he's still a Canuck come Sept..
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

I would like to know when a NTC/NMC became a you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clause? First Lou now Kesler...

I seriously wish our owners had some balls. Half our team has one of these you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clauses in their contract. It's time to squash this shit like a fucking bug. You signed the deal you play here for the length of the contract. You want out, you wave your NTC and we will move you.

That's it! Wave and we move you or honor your fucking contract!

If I'm Aquaman... I put an end to this shit NOW! :mex:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ODB wrote:I would like to know when a NTC/NMC became a you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clause? First Lou now Kesler...

I seriously wish our owners had some balls. Half our team has one of these you can't trade me for five years but at any time I get to demand a trade to one of two teams clauses in their contract. It's time to squash this shit like a fucking bug. You signed the deal you play here for the length of the contract. You want out, you wave your NTC and we will move you.

That's it! Wave and we move you or honor your fucking contract!

If I'm Aquaman... I put an end to this shit NOW! :mex:

in the words of Denis Lemieux...."trade me right fucking now"
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

WTF???
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.
Betamax
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Betamax »

Jovocop wrote:WTF???
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Trade senses are on high alert. Starting to sound like Kesler deal is inching closer. Still working on destination, but next 24hrs, perhaps.
The other DD stating the obvious. :mex:
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

What to believe. Benning goes on the air around the same time as DD tweets. Benning says no closer to a deal. Needs a player back that helps the Canucks today. Won't move him if the deal doesn't make sense. Then DD tweets deal imminent.

Sounds like, from Benning, the offers are all for a combination of picks and prospects but not a roster player. Benning does admit the NTC is complicating things. So Mr. Kesler, expand your list and but the Orca back on!
The only HW the Canucks need
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Hockey Widow wrote:What to believe. Benning goes on the air around the same time as DD tweets. Benning says no closer to a deal. Needs a player back that helps the Canucks today. Won't move him if the deal doesn't make sense. Then DD tweets deal imminent.
Is Emerson Etem a player that could help the Canucks today?