I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by ClamRussel »

Anyone surprised Bollig got 2 *playoff* games for his hit from behind on Ballard?

How does this hit compare to the hit from behind on Daniel in which, not only wasn't Byron suspended, the boarding wasn't even reviewed?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/bra ... -1.2638854

With a changing of the guard, perhaps this is a move in the right direction as, by the end, Shanahan was all over the map.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Strangelove wrote:
BurningBeard wrote:
Arachnid wrote:They could put him on the violent sex offenders list....that would make him a Leaf right? :eh:
Or at least someone who's worked at Maple Leaf Gardens.
Ah yes, Maple Leaf Gardens.

How many Leaf fans have been ravaged in the bowels thereof.
Evidently, not only do Leaf fans accept being ravaged in the bowels, they'll pay quite handsomely for it.
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

10 games for Carcillo. :lol:
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

0 games for the Dorsett helmet-butt on Weaver's face. :eh:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ClamRussel wrote:0 games for the Dorsett helmet-butt on Weaver's face. :eh:

WTF was that ? Should have gotten a game for that nonsense.....maybe two. He fucking rammed him with his head.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

It never gets old. Still can't believe there was no suspension and that BB defended the hit. Still remember Cowpuke calling him a faker and diver.

It never gets old, the BS the league is.
The only HW the Canucks need
Rumsfeld
CC Legend

Post by Rumsfeld »

Man, Alberts is really milking that thing. Obviously some sort of conspiracy to keep a talented young Calgary team out of the playoffs.

Flames fans would stop watching hockey altogther if an embellisher like Alberts was on their team. If a more noble fanbase exists in all of sports, I have yet to see it.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Rumsfeld wrote: Man, Alberts is really milking that thing. Obviously some sort of conspiracy to keep a talented young Calgary team out of the playoffs.

Flames fans would stop watching hockey altogther if an embellisher like Alberts was on their team. If a more noble fanbase exists in all of sports, I have yet to see it.
Yeah, I heard Alberts is promoting the Sucking Back Cow Farts Causes Brain Damage Conspiracy Theory.

Fucking Alberts, trying to make the best fans in all of sports look like retarded hillbillies! :evil:

If he never plays another game... well he's just plain evil is all.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

New rules of note, or Clam up before you whine about calls/non calls.

The goalkeeper's restricted "trapezoid" area expands by two feet from the goal post on both ends of the net.

Clipping, charging, elbowing, interference, kneeing, head-butting and butt-ending infractions join the same category as boarding and checking-from-behind fouls, whereby a player who incurs two such game misconducts in the category will be automatically suspended for one game.

Video reviewers may advise referees on whether their whistle was blown after losing sight of the puck on disputed goals.

More evidence of a "distinct kicking motion" is required for video reviewers to reverse a "goal" call or uphold a "no-goal" call made on the ice.

A two-minute tripping penalty may be called on defending players who trip players with their body/arm/shoulder, regardless of whether the defending player makes initial contact with the puck. But a penalty shot can not be awarded if the defending player touches the puck first.

Supplemental discipline for diving increases, with a graduated scale of fines for repeat offenders and their head coaches.

To curb face-off delay tactics following an icing call, a defending team committing a second faceoff violation (after a warning is issued) will receive a two-minute bench minor.

Faceoffs will remain in the attacking zone if a stoppage in play is the result of an attempt to create a scoring chance, such as a shot going off the net and out of play, or a shot deflected out of play by a teammate.

Hash marks on the end-zone circles widen from three feet to the international distance of five feet, seven inches
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

More evidence of a "distinct kicking motion" is required for video reviewers to reverse a "goal" call or uphold a "no-goal" call made on the ice.
I can't even understand what that means. What is defined as "more evidence" of a distinct kicking motion?
To curb face-off delay tactics following an icing call, a defending team committing a second faceoff violation (after a warning is issued) will receive a two-minute bench minor.
I'll be very happy if I actually see a ref call this, although there is no way in hell it gets called during the playoffs.
Faceoffs will remain in the attacking zone if a stoppage in play is the result of an attempt to create a scoring chance, such as a shot going off the net and out of play, or a shot deflected out of play by a teammate.
This strikes me as a really good idea.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Topper wrote:New rules of note, or Clam up before you whine about calls/non calls.

The goalkeeper's restricted "trapezoid" area expands by two feet from the goal post on both ends of the net.

Clipping, charging, elbowing, interference, kneeing, head-butting and butt-ending infractions join the same category as boarding and checking-from-behind fouls, whereby a player who incurs two such game misconducts in the category will be automatically suspended for one game.
Interference?? That seems pretty weak. Looks like the Twins will finally get a suspension :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Tciso wrote:
Topper wrote:New rules of note, or Clam up before you whine about calls/non calls.

Interference?? That seems pretty weak. Looks like the Twins will finally get a suspension :)
I wonder if they mean goaltender interference.

In that case it would probably defined as when a player receives a 2 minute minor for goaltender interference and not when a goal is disallowed and no penalty assessed.
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

It only applies is you get two game misconducts for such penalties. Players do occasionally get game misconducts for interference.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy6ofc ... jason_news

On a totally unrelated note, I noticed the NHL has banned the use of the spin-o-rama on shootouts. I guess that's an attempt to remove all ambiguity from the "forward momentum" rule on shootouts. I think the NHL went the wrong way on this. They should only allow spin-o-rama goals on shootouts. Lets call a spade a spade - I want to be entertained.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

BurningBeard wrote:It only applies is you get two game misconducts for such penalties. Players do occasionally get game misconducts for interference.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy6ofc ... jason_news

On a totally unrelated note, I noticed the NHL has banned the use of the spin-o-rama on shootouts. I guess that's an attempt to remove all ambiguity from the "forward momentum" rule on shootouts. I think the NHL went the wrong way on this. They should only allow spin-o-rama goals on shootouts. Lets call a spade a spade - I want to be entertained.

Ask Arron Rome about that one! :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need