I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: I can't believe it's NOT a suspension!

Post by Carl Yagro »

So... we we're all wrong about the number of games Keith would get... by one game.

Can't control your stick? 8 games. Late hit? 2 games. Repeat offender? Half the season.

"Duncan, look this is your third attempt at beheading one of your union brothers. So how about um, 6 games? Too much? Well, we must keep up appearances, no? We even saved you a trip by doing this over the phone. Please, could you work on being a little more subtle in your attacks in the future? Sure, thanks."

Another nice little rest for the toothless pussy to get ready for the playoffs.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote:So 5 reg, 1 playoff

Zach on Gagner, 13 games - yes there was significant injury in Gagner's case, but that was Zach's first offence.
If Kassian had done this, he'd be done for 25 games.

Third suspension for targeting of the head. Second time using the stick to attack an opponents face.

I want to see the emails, see how long it took for someone to bring up "punishing the player, not the team he plays for" as a good reason to keep the suspension short. Rome gets 4 games in a cup final for a north-south interference call, and they can't be bothered to sit this guy more than 1 playoff game for repeatedly striking players in the face with this stick. :drink:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

Zach on Gagner, 13 games - yes there was significant injury in Gagner's case, but that was Zach's first offence.

Third suspension for targeting of the head. Second time using the stick to attack an opponents face.

I want to see the emails, see how long it took for someone to bring up "punishing the player, not the team he plays for" as a good reason to keep the suspension short. Rome gets 4 games in a cup final for a north-south interference call, and they can't be bothered to sit this guy more than 1 playoff game for repeatedly striking players in the face with this stick. :drink:
Horrible really! :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Island Nucklehead wrote:

You can bet the Bowmans were on the phone immediately after the incident, Joel right after the game if not between periods.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

lol what a fucking joke. Didn't a similar case happen before? The league just let the Star thug rest and get ready for the playoffs with a timely suspension
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Why are people acting surprised. How do you have any fresh emotion left for this.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Typical Buttman non-leadership. Someone in Chicago and Boston must have caught him screwing a goat. Fucking ridiculous hand-slap
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

One game more than I thought he would get. No way the league wanted to risk the Hawks losing in round one due to a suspension. Didn't matter that suspending Bert not only screwed our playoff chances but affected what BB had to do on TDD. Didn't matter that suspending Rome for 4 games screwed our already injury riddled D.

But one game more than I thought.
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote:6 games for Keith.
Happy April 1st, 2016? :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Not. Even. Close.

This ruling is so bad that I actually can't find a single article or pundit that agrees with it.

20 games for Wideman, a player with NO suspension history, for pushing down a linesman.

6 games for Keith for using his stick as a weapon to target the face of another player for the 2nd time in 3 years.

The NHL is a complete joke.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

lol once again the NHL shits the bed. Fucking bush league that is slightly above the CFL.

He should have gotten 8-10 games. This nonsense of having a players record scrubbed clean after 18 months is idiotic as well regardless of whether the players bargained for it or not. You don't think guys like Keith, Marchand and a few others have these dates circled on their calendars. If I was a member of the NHLPA I'd have a bit of a problem with guys like this running around with basic immunity trying to maim other players. The fact that Dustin Brown hasn't been suspended more frequently and got away with a flying headbutt in the first game of the season still kills me.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The record is not scrubbed clean after 18 months. The 18th month rule has to due with the financial cost to the player. All past infractions are taken into consideration.

Blobby, you say 8-10, the League considers playoff games more than regular season games, so Keith is getting ~7 game if it were regular season.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I read some threads from Chicago and generally his own fan base were appalled with it.
Playoffs or not a stick purposely swung at ahead is using it as a weapon
10 games and too bad for the hawks. have to take responsibility for your own player
"evolution"
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Mëds wrote:Not. Even. Close.

This ruling is so bad that I actually can't find a single article or pundit that agrees with it.

20 games for Wideman, a player with NO suspension history, for pushing down a linesman.

6 games for Keith for using his stick as a weapon to target the face of another player for the 2nd time in 3 years.

The NHL is a complete joke.
Compare it to the rookie first timer for an error in judgement...2 games versus some vet that should know better...6 games...

I guess trying to break someones face/blind them on purpose is only worth a 4 game difference....

Great fucking message for the kids...fuck the corporate whores of the NHL I am only going to watch college and international tourneys during their playoffs...
Last edited by Arachnid on Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Reminds me how Chris Pronger always seemed to escape discipline or get off lightly, yet he was a repeat offender.

Oh wait.....
The only HW the Canucks need