Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen = Premiere shut down line in NHL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

The Brown Knight
CC Hall of Fan Member

Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen = Premiere shut down line in NHL

Post by The Brown Knight »

Here's what I think:

-I think if Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen played on the same line together, they would be one of the best shut down lines in hockey......and would also be capable of scoring key goals even if it wasn't the lines primary focus.

-I think Ryan Kesler is at his best when he has a 'defense first' type mindset/role, which then allows him to shut down top lines and score on turnovers.

-I think the Nashville series from 2 years ago was a curse in disguise as it gave Canuck fans and management the illusion that Kesler is at his best when he is in a purely offensive role. In actuality, the series' that we should all be admiring Kesler for, was his series against Chicago in 2011........along with play during the Olympics in 2010.

-I think during the 2012 series against LA, Kesler should have been used to shut down Dustin Brown's line, but instead, was used to score against Mike Richards' line and got completely shut down himself. This one series alone exemplified everything that I believe about Kesler and how he should be used.

-I think Kesler would be at his best if he played and was used similarly to how Steve Yzerman was used between 1997 and 2006.

-I ponder the idea of having a line of Hansen-Kesler-Burrows consistently going up against the top lines of opposing teams.......which could then free up the Sedins', and Zack Kassian, to go hard against other teams' second lines.

Hansen-Kesler-Burrows
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Santorelli-Booth
********4th line***********
"I post the Brown Way" ~ Connor McHindu"

The Dark Indian Rises
Meds
MVP
MVP

Re: Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen = Premiere shut down line in

Post by Meds »

The Brown Knight wrote: -I ponder the idea of having a line of Hansen-Kesler-Burrows consistently going up against the top lines of opposing teams.......which could then free up the Sedins', and Zack Kassian, to go hard against other teams' second lines.

Hansen-Kesler-Burrows
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Higgins-Santorelli-Booth
********4th line***********
That only works when you are the home team and can line match at faceoffs.

Other teams would always be trying to get their shutdown crew out against Hank and Danny.

But I do think that Bur-Kes-Hansen would shutdown ANY line in the league on ANY given night.

And I do think it should be tried once Burrows is back.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen = Premiere shut down line in

Post by griz »

The Brown Knight wrote:Here's what I think:

-I think if Kesler, Burrows, and Hansen played on the same line together, they would be one of the best shut down lines in hockey......and would also be capable of scoring key goals even if it wasn't the lines primary focus.
I like this way of thinking. The new best third line in the NHL. Then we'd need a second line that can score.