Post season wrap up.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: Post season wrap up.

Post by theman »

Dhali is saying that Hronek is asking for $8 mil per? I know he is RD and 'in demand' but that is a lot. Dhali is also saying he is 'firm on his price.'
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm Dhali is saying that Hronek is asking for $8 mil per? I know he is RD and 'in demand' but that is a lot. Dhali is also saying he is 'firm on his price.'
Pass. That’s ridiculous. If so, trade his RFA rights for the RFA rights of Necas. Carolina is going to lose a few UFA D-men. I’d rather give Necas that money then him.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BoS wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:04 pm I think it’s imperative the team re-signs both Zadorov and Lindholm.

Zadorov for the obvious reasons of toughness, mobility, two-way play and leadership. But I agree, he’s nothing more than a 4-5. Let Cole walk and give Zed a raise with ltd trade protection with some of Cole’s cap space.

Lindholm is a must re-sign IMO. He and Miller are among the best 1-2 two-way centres in the game and proved, to me at least, they can compete against the best.

Moving Pettersson to the wing makes the most sense if Lindholm is retained.

Must find an experienced 3rd line centre to alleviate some of Miller/Lindholm PK duties.
Boston is apparently gonna go all in on Lindholm and they have a ton of cap space to do so. They are desperate for centres. Lindholm is going to get more money than you think
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

I would love for the Canucks to keep Lindholm, but other than getting rid of Mikheyev, can't see how it can be done.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Either way, they need to move Mikheyev
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm Either way, they need to move Mikheyev
Buying him out is not an option so how do they move him?
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:40 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 3:29 pm Either way, they need to move Mikheyev
with a first round pick
theman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by theman »

Raile wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:02 pm
with a first round pick
He has 2 years left on his deal, I wouldn't be happy if the Canucks used a 1st to get rid of him. He is not completely useless, more of an overpaid bad fit here.

What the Canucks need to do is be willing to retain and find a middle man in a 3 team trade.

Canucks retain 25%, middle team retains 50%, something along those lines.
Raile
MVP
MVP

Post by Raile »

I doubt he's going to be worth his cap hit going forward, but there's no way he scores 1 goal in 60+ games like he did this year.

I'd be realllll careful about trading a high pick or some equivalent only to have him be much better the next year, as we did with Dickinson.

We may need to trade him eventually but if he can re-find at least part of his game that would bring the cost down on offloading him.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Great season, we have something to build on...
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
MVP
MVP

Post by donlever »

For sure.

We weren't some how, some way besting the Oilers this year....the league wouldnt have allowed it.

We have to take it.
DeLevering since 1999.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

theman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:36 pm
Raile wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:02 pm
with a first round pick
He has 2 years left on his deal, I wouldn't be happy if the Canucks used a 1st to get rid of him. He is not completely useless, more of an overpaid bad fit here.

What the Canucks need to do is be willing to retain and find a middle man in a 3 team trade.

Canucks retain 25%, middle team retains 50%, something along those lines.
He's supposed to be a 3rd line winger. Tocchet deployed him to be something he's not...a scoring winger.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

theman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 4:36 pm

He is not completely useless
Oh no he’s useless alright. If he was getting $1 million per for two more seasons I’d still consider a waste of money.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

In net we are set. Demko/Silovs

On D we have some tough decisions.

Big Z said his priority was term. He wants. His family to have stability. Maybe that translates into a lower cap.

Myers ya I’d take him back for 2-3 years at 3 million, if he’d accept that.

Cole I think we can move on from him.

Time to get at least one D man from Abbotsford up and playing with the club. With Johannsson leaving on a 2 year deal back in Sweden it opens the door again for McWard. We have to start rotating in, maybe one every two years, these young defenders.

You absolutely want Hronek back.

So to me if we can get Z, Myers and Hronek back we will be ok.

Left side: Soucy, Hughes. Zadorov
Right side: Hronek, Myers, McWard with Juulsen as the 7th guy.

Up front there is a lot of work to do for sure. Let Lafferty and Blueger walk, if you sign Lindholm. Of course if Blueger would do another one year deal below 2 million we know we have a responsible third line and can move Lindholm with Pettersson and a new dynamic winger.

The Boeser situation is of concern. If he is ready for camp great but if not then his cap will be on LTIR. Gives us some breathing space as long as he is out.

Definitely want Joshua back. But if we lose him and Lindholm and if Boeser is out then we have a lot of work to do.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

theman wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:11 pm Dhali is saying that Hronek is asking for $8 mil per? I know he is RD and 'in demand' but that is a lot. Dhali is also saying he is 'firm on his price.'
Yeah. Then he’s gone.

I’ve been LOL’ing at the people getting him re-signed here for $7M or less. He rejected $7M months ago…..he has arbitration rights that guarantee him either a good contract to avoid the ruling or a walk to UFA status next summer. He also has no organizational loyalty here as the Vancouver didn’t draft and develop him. The Canucks have no leverage here.