Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:29 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 am Bowen Byram is really starting to light it up for Colorado.

Chef you better kick in those adjustments pretty quick. Dude is a very good dman
I guess the Chef didn’t see this post. He disagreed vehemently with me when I said Byram would end up being a top pairing d man.
This one never made sense. You could see the kid was going be good right off the hop
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:47 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:52 am Bowen Byram is really starting to light it up for Colorado.

Chef you better kick in those adjustments pretty quick. Dude is a very good dman
I guess the Chef didn’t see this post. He disagreed vehemently with me when I said Byram would end up being a top pairing d man.
This one never made sense. You could see the kid was going be good right off the hop
And him shifting all over MacKinnon and Makar made sense? He was adamant that in the 2020 WJC Jamie Drysdale was Canada’s best D. I linked to the final game TOI where Drysdale played six minutes and Byram played 22. He completely ignored that point and started ragging on the kid big time when he went back to Vancouver. I think Byram went on to score like 50 points in 30 games for the Giants after that. The Chef got buried.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:59 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:47 am

And him shifting all over MacKinnon and Makar made sense? He was adamant that in the 2020 WJC Jamie Drysdale was Canada’s best D. I linked to the final game TOI where Drysdale played six minutes and Byram played 22. He completely ignored that point and started ragging on the kid big time when he went back to Vancouver. I think Byram went on to score like 50 points in 30 games for the Giants after that. The Chef got buried.
I honestly doubt he has much of an opinion on any of these players but loves to get you all fired up. That's his motivation for projecting busts on BC born prospects.

Who knows with McKinnon though lol. He didnt start like a house on fire so maybe he thought he could jump out on that one. Who knows
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s all well and good but none of those three are from B.C. Neither is Byfield or Turcotte. Nobody is fired up but I do enjoy dunking on him once a week. :mex:
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Ol Chef must be enraged seeing how well Kenny Holland’s team is doing. Remember how often the Chef crapped on Poolparty and Holland. For no reason really… other than his own rage.

Great goal by McJesus tonight.

Meanwhile we have Elias Poutersson all 6 ft 2 and 113 pounds of him sniveling and whining all over the ice and looking as effective as Lars Molin.

No idea why Chef craps all over 95 % of the league and it’s good young players but thumps his chest at a 4-6-1 juggernaut.

Chef….. your thoughts?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Stevie Y has done a great job fixing the mess Kenny BC Holland left behind, 3 great draft picks in a row since taking over. Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson. I think Rob Blake has to rebuild the rebuild or they need to fire his ass
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 am Stevie Y has done a great job fixing the mess Kenny BC Holland left behind, 3 great draft picks in a row since taking over. Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson. I think Rob Blake has to rebuild the rebuild or they need to fire his ass

How is Poolparty doing? Remember the guy you used to say was way worse than Olaf. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:42 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 am Stevie Y has done a great job fixing the mess Kenny BC Holland left behind, 3 great draft picks in a row since taking over. Seider, Raymond, Edvinsson. I think Rob Blake has to rebuild the rebuild or they need to fire his ass

How is Poolparty doing? Remember the guy you used to say was way worse than Olaf. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Speaking of OJ...I guess he got injured in practice for the Panthers before he ever saw the ice and has yet to play a minute for them.

What a dud
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:42 am

Is he the new BJ McDonald? The benefits one reaps riding shot gun with the worlds best hockey player. Just stand there and look pretty Anson Carter we’ll set you up beautifully
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Still a lot better than you gave him credit for and a lot better than Olaf. No idea how someone could completely write off the three kids in Colorado. “Not even worthy of being first round picks”

Yet you STILL can’t say Olaf was a shitty pick. Agenda much?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 am Still a lot better than you gave him credit for and a lot better than Olaf. No idea how someone could completely write off the three kids in Colorado. “Not even worthy of being first round picks”

Was Turcotte a shitty pick at 5th overall?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:57 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:52 am Still a lot better than you gave him credit for and a lot better than Olaf. No idea how someone could completely write off the three kids in Colorado. “Not even worthy of being first round picks”

I don’t know yet. He was drafted two years ago. I don’t tend to shit all over players months after they were drafted. Olaf was drafted five years ago. Turcotte is 20. Olaf is 23.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:05 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:57 am

I don’t know yet. He was drafted two years ago. I don’t tend to shit all over players months after they were drafted. Olaf was drafted five years ago. Turcotte is 20. Olaf is 23.
1 goal 4 assists in 8 games in the AHL

For comparison reasons 8th overall pick from the 2020 draft Jack Quinn has 6 goals 6 assists in 8 games in the AHL.

Your Boi Turcotte (drafted 5th) is not looking good, you know it
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

He’s not my boi. I said he looked good at the WJC, probably USA’s second best player at the tourney. The same USA team you cheered for.

He’s 20 years old. I’ll wait a bit before calling him a bust. A disappointment for sure, but not a bust yet. Olaf is a bust.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:14 am He’s not my boi. I said he looked good at the WJC, probably USA’s second best player at the tourney. The same USA team you cheered for.

He’s 20 years old. I’ll wait a bit before calling him a bust. A disappointment for sure, but not a bust yet. Olaf is a bust.
I’m starting to like what’s brewing in Buffalo now that they’ve cleared out the Primadonnas. Blake needs to learn from their recent moves

Cozens
Dahlin
Power and Rosen from 2021
Quinn
Krebs
Tuch

Got 2 firsts in 2022