Out of Town Scores - 2022-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2022-23

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:47 pm Who cares ?
Cheferoni has us confused with hockey fans. We are Canucks fans. If we were hockey fans, we'd probalby be cheering for a real NHL team. Instead, we swill beer while standing around the tire fire, and sucking back carcinogen laced roasted marshmallows. We argue over who is the better sandwich maker and whether the flying skate is the worst jersey of all time, or the best jersey of all time, or both. We fire our singer for not being woke, and then congratulate our GMs for being asleep. We argue over who wears more bbq sauce on their wife beaters, and wait for the next catsup reference from John and John. We fight each other like Scottish clans in between English invasions. We discuss the finer points of Hastings Street and coke binges. We even occasionally discuss hockey related issues like hot hockey wives. So, while some of us may be fans of hockey, we are Canuck fans first.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

^ this :D
Enhanced scurry is my superpower.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Tciso wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:04 pm
Cheferoni has us confused with hockey fans. We are Canucks fans. If we were hockey fans, we'd probalby be cheering for a real NHL team. Instead, we swill beer while standing around the tire fire, and sucking back carcinogen laced roasted marshmallows. We argue over who is the better sandwich maker and whether the flying skate is the worst jersey of all time, or the best jersey of all time, or both. We fire our singer for not being woke, and then congratulate our GMs for being asleep. We argue over who wears more bbq sauce on their wife beaters, and wait for the next catsup reference from John and John. We fight each other like Scottish clans in between English invasions. We discuss the finer points of Hastings Street and coke binges. We even occasionally discuss hockey related issues like hot hockey wives. So, while some of us may be fans of hockey, we are Canuck fans first.
:lol:

Nice one Tciso
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That should get ole Blobbee Booze Breath MacLeanzies back up and running on the boards again
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
el rey del mambo
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mmmmmmm carcinogen laced roasted marshmallows dipped in bbq sauce and catsup...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Ladies and gentlemen, potential 2023 post of the year right here!
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chytil scored his 14th and 15th goal tonight. Just 3 behind JT Miller

Chytil, Lundqvist (RS-D-man) and 2023 1st rd pick for Miller. Rutherford and Allvin turned it down. Lundqvist has played 43 games for Doyle’s Stars (Doyle’s a Jim Nill fan), Lundqvist the former 1st rd pick has 4 goals and 10 assists and 26 PIMs for the high flying Dallas Stars
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:22 pm Chytil scored his 14th and 15th goal tonight. Just 3 behind JT Miller

Chytil, Lundqvist (RS-D-man) and 2023 1st rd pick for Miller. Rutherford and Allvin turned it down. Lundqvist has played 43 games for Doyle’s Stars (Doyle’s a Jim Nill fan), Lundqvist the former 1st rd pick has 4 goals and 10 assists and 26 PIMs for the high flying Dallas Stars
Who knew that Miller would have this deep of a regression though? He's like a totally different player
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:34 pm Who knew that Miller would have this deep of a regression though? He's like a totally different player
He's not too far off a PPG rate, which is really what I would expect from him - but the -14 and the blind giveaways is unexpected. I would hope his lazy passes is something that can be fixed (especially with the coaching staff 'encouraging' him to smarten up).
Enhanced scurry is my superpower.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Cornuck wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:41 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:34 pm Who knew that Miller would have this deep of a regression though? He's like a totally different player
He's not too far off a PPG rate, which is really what I would expect from him - but the -14 and the blind giveaways is unexpected. I would hope his lazy passes is something that can be fixed (especially with the coaching staff 'encouraging' him to smarten up).
Points aside, he's not driving play, finishing checks, going to the net nearly as much as he had the prior 3 years. I can see him coming back next fall a more focused player. Maybe the giant payday had him letting up on his off season training?
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:25 pm
Points aside, he's not driving play, finishing checks, going to the net nearly as much as he had the prior 3 years. I can see him coming back next fall a more focused player. Maybe the giant payday had him letting up on his off season training?
I see him as a guy who had a good year (3years ago) and realized if if he could focus for another 21 months, he would set him and his family up financially forever.

He seems to have made his choices.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:38 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:25 pm
I see him as a guy who had a good year (3years ago) and realized if if he could focus for another 21 months, he would set him and his family up financially forever.

He seems to have made his choices.
I just don't see Miller as that kind of guy. He was a very good player for us.

I think this is either off season prep or confidence issues much like Pettersson after he resigned
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2022-

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:51 pm I just don't see Miller as that kind of guy. He was a very good player for us.

I think this is either off season prep or confidence issues much like Pettersson after he resigned
Fair. He has been a good player for us.

But, anyone with eyes and a brain knew the room was fracturing last year, and knew JT had a big personality - weather to blame or not, him leaving would leave a hole that new (perhaps younger?) personalities could grow into- but most importantly, him leaving would force a core culture change. They also knew his trade value was at his highest, he was the oldest and top veteran with the most trade value at a time when the team was cap strapped, finally close to only having a single bad -non moveable- contract, needed Defense upgrades, and a culture change… so they resigned him as the top guy??!??

Never in the history of the team were there more indications of cashing in on a guy at a peak to move the franchise forward than with JT, and they resigned him instead of moving him.

… and now are losing a top 10 scorer in the league because of it.

Pure senselessness.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I suspect that the offers weren't of the "franchise altering" variety for JT last year which is why we ended up resigning him rather than losing a top line asset for nothing.

At the time the rumoured offer of Chytil, Lundqvist and the 1st seemed underwhelming considering the production JT was laying down. Hindsight tells us that would be a fantastic haul to go along with the cap space for Bo and Kuz.

Fuck