Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:45 pm
Strangelove wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:47 pm ^ Damon gets it...
...would you do Schenn and Boeser for Greenway and Dumba?
No because it feels like Schenn is helping to slooooowly pull this team out of it's funk.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:25 am Trading Demko is risky business, Snoozi. You need Nets in this game Jabroni
SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:54 am You keep Demko.

As Toronto/Edmonton have proven, it's almost impossible to trade or sign a top-tier goalie.
Yeah, I agree that goaltending is important, if not the most important. I just look @ Colorado and they did it with Darcy Keumper. He was a bit of journeyman and bounced around a bit. Keumper becomes a late bloomer and finally found his game in Phoenix. He became a pretty good #1 netminder there, but he wasn't a exactly a huge household name, a Vezina candidate nor a top ten guy in the league. I know it's a small sample size, but I think/hope that Spencer Marty Broduer is trending in the same direction, thus making Demmer a potential trade candidate who can bring back a significant return.

We have Ian Clark the goaltending guru here and I don't mind just letting him do his thing. In Clarky we trust. :P
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I like the support for this position on Schenn's value. Just once I would like to see us ahead of the curve. I agree with poster who said Bear is working out. Yes. Funny, but i always had a hunch about him. For the voyeurs on this thread I am not referencing some punched out bag who takes repeated lines from what can best be described as 'denial' and at the worse end of the spectrum, flat out fuck you in your face evil.

I used to believe in Evil as a historical marker. The Holocaust! 25 MIllion Russians, the HOLODOMOR in the Ukraine of the early Stalin era or also known as the time of hunger. I know this is not the right thread but fuck me..when are are good men and women going to speak up?

Interesting times yes?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:48 pm We have Ian Clark the goaltending guru here and I don't mind just letting him do his thing. In Clarky we trust. :P
We need an "Ian Clark of Defense".
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cornuck wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:49 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:48 pm We have Ian Clark the goaltending guru here and I don't mind just letting him do his thing. In Clarky we trust. :P
Yes, we haven’t had a good well structured D-program for years. I can’t even think of the last time we had one
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:53 am
Cornuck wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:49 am
Yes, we haven’t had a good well structured D-program for years. I can’t even think of the last time we had one
...along those lines Scott Niedermeyer was just hired by team Canada's Spengler Cup team to manage their D.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I suppose you have to start somewhere.

Can anyone say Spengler Cup with a straight face?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I believe he has been working with the Ducks for a period of time as some sort of "Consultant" so baby steps I guess....
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:19 am I believe he has been working with the Ducks for a period of time as some sort of "Consultant" so baby steps I guess....
You are correct Donald… special assignment coach…. WETFTI..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:47 pm Is Schenn worth a 2nd????????????

He's probably worth those prubosecec,

Luke Schenn is probably worth a 1st, even a rental.
Ok, lets stop stroking off Schenn here.

yes he has heart, and yes he plays well with Hughes, but no GM is going to give up a 1st (or high1st!) for Luke Schenn and keep his job!! This is classic Canucks fans overvaluing a guy.

I posed the question somewhere else "was Schenn worth a second", because I think he is playing like a 3rd.. If someone gives you a 2nd for Schenn, I think you take it and run.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

2 late firsts
If you need air...call it in
Arbour
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Arbour »

Keep Schenn, he is more valuable to this team than anything you will get in return. Obviously there are exceptions to blanket statements, but there is a smurf who plays with him who benefits a whole lot from his presence.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:51 am

yes he has heart, and yes he plays well with Hughes, but no GM is going to give up a 1st (or high1st!) for Luke Schenn and keep his job!! This is classic Canucks fans overvaluing a guy.

I posed the question somewhere else "was Schenn worth a second", because I think he is playing like a 3rd.. If someone gives you a 2nd for Schenn, I think you take it and run.
Truth be told, Schenn is worth more on this roster than whatever he could ever fetch in trade.

He's a keeper.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Lancer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:57 pm

Truth be told, Schenn is worth more on this roster than whatever he could ever fetch in trade.

He's a keeper.
Sure he is a keeper, and worth more to us, but are you saying you wouldn’t take a 2nd for Schenn right now?

Knowing he is old, and won’t be in the team when we are competitive, and if he does leave the team, it’ll be him walking because he is a UFA?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:09 pm
Lancer wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 7:57 pm

He's a keeper.
Sure he is a keeper, and worth more to us, but are you saying you wouldn’t take a 2nd for Schenn right now?

Knowing he is old, and won’t be in the team when we are competitive, and if he does leave the team, it’ll be him walking because he is a UFA?
Tough one, I admit. Still, Schenn is one of those 'culture carriers' a team like this needs now to build to the future.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.