Canucks Preseason - 2022

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Preseason - 2022

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The hair fires must have been from the ash that drifted down from Burke Mountain.

I’ll trust JR and and Boudreau ahead of the previous gong show.

Let the scrubs play. It gives them credibility when when they say that there are ‘jobs up for grabs’.

Allvin probably promised those Swedes four or five pre season games. I guess they could show them tapes of Chris Pronger?? Organization has been a laughing stock for seven plus years. Maybe goodwill is a currency in play.

The kid gloves come off 15 games in. If they piss their pants rip it apart and blow it to hell.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:17 pm Now, if we're still seeing Aman and Karlsson (and even Wolanin) in the lineup for these last preseason games, I really would question what the fuck the agenda is?
I think the agenda is to showcase guys for trades. Rathbone is one, then Hughes moves back to the left.

Up front, I don't think he's showcasing the likelier suspects (Garland), but maybe he's trying to get some trade value out of Karlsson or Aman. Hard to see what he could be going for, but I suspect he wants some of them to be throw -ins on a bigger deal, without moving any of the better prospects.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

With Boeser, Mikheyev, and Dermott out, two forward spots, 12 and 13, still up for grabs and if they're carrying 8 D, they're full.

So two of Dries, Di Giuseppe, Aman, and Karlsson. I think one of the two Swedes stays.

On D, I'd hope they dress Wolanin over Poolman, but there's always waivers to come.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This organization has sure done Mike DiPietro dirty the last couple of years. Both administrations.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Still carrying some deadweight - but getting closer:

Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:08 pm This organization has sure done Mike DiPietro dirty the last couple of years. Both administrations.
Deep Pee Etro hasn’t done himself any favours the last 2 years
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:20 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:08 pm This organization has sure done Mike DiPietro dirty the last couple of years. Both administrations.
Weird nickname …. But ok.

He hasn’t gotten a chance to fucking play. There was no need for Delia. And if there was MD should have been immediately traded for whatever or waived. Pretty shitty way to treat players. Having him as the third string Covid goalie was even more asinine. He had a solid rookie season and everything has went to hell for him since then. Not all his doing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:25 pm
Weird nickname …. But ok.

He hasn’t gotten a chance to fucking play. There was no need for Delia. And if there was MD should have been immediately traded for whatever or waived. Pretty shitty way to treat players. Having him as the third string Covid goalie was even more asinine. He had a solid rookie season and everything has went to hell for him since then. Not all his doing.
You don’t like Deep Pee Etro?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

He hasn't, but keeping him here for a year on the taxi squad, after a pretty good rookie year in Utica, really set him back. Even if Silovs and Martin surpassed him in the pecking order, and he was no longer in the plans, the team tanked whatever value he may have had on the market. Not very good asset management.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

So the last two games will be streamed on Canucks.com instead of Sportsnet.

I wonder if Virtanen plays tomorrow? Nothing less than a repay for last night will suffice.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

runt goaltender was doomed to fail in the modern nhl
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I never had confidence in Dipietro, not from day one. He just never seemed to have that NHL level in him. Could he be an effective back up, ya maybe, but I never saw starter potential in him.

Having said that, I agree he should never have been placed on the taxi squad. It killed that season for him and has set him back. I just see no loss by not having him around and I dont think he has overhead that high of a trade value. But ya, do him a solid and trade him for a 7th to someone who wants to give him a chance.
The only HW the Canucks need
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

I was looking back at the 2017 draft, the Oilers drafted a 6'4" goalie, Stuart Skinner, 14 picks after DiPietro and he's had a decent last couple years for them in the AHL. All hindsight, but it's not as though bigger goalies weren't on everybody's radar in 2017.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Deep Pee in the Pool, man... slow day, eh? Uh yeah, when's the next game?

Can't wait to see more of kneels A man and the son of Karl :roll:

The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!