Canucks Preseason - 2022

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Preseason - 2022

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If you had a choice on who’d you rather, would you rather Berniers or Wright?

Chef is taking Berniers by a country mile
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:47 pm Seattle rolled over them in two straight third periods. Unfinished business!
Those shirts will be worn by poor African villagers soon.

Part of me is wondering if this was a forced play by Baldy to keep showcasing Aman and Karlsson to make himself look good. Why are they wasting all this time when they're telling everyone its playoffs or bust? We don't even know if Martin is a capable backup yet.

I literally had PTSD tonight with this Green flashback of a performance.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Unenjoyable :cry:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

The Giraffe is worth the price of admission alone.

High event hockey player and darned entertaining to boot...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 pm If you had a choice on who’d you rather, would you rather Berniers or Wright?

I think you made the 'Wright' choice there Chef.

Beniers looks like a star in the making. Wright looks like a poor man's Mike Ricci who is going to need two more years in the OHL and some time in the AHL after that to develop his game.

The Krak will probably rush him into the lineup to sell jerseys but realistically, he is at least two years away.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:26 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:19 pm Whoever said Dickinson was much better than he showed last season has some splaining to do.
Showed no awareness and was lucky he wasn’t knocked out of the game when that defensemen let him off the hook.
We could use Dickinson and Poolman on the IR. That's the best they can do for the canucks
Maybe Mr Aquilini knows a guy who could, you know, make something like that happen.

I'm just spit ballin' here...
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

When the moon is in the seventh house and Jupiter is aligned with Mars Poolman can be an adequate third pairing defenseman.

But most of the time he's an AHL player...
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So...what the fuck?

Just how slow are we? Anyone putting any stock into preseason losses?

I reckon it's time to ice your full lineup and win a couple here.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah the Canucks seem to be behind other teams in the pre season in icing their starting line up, stop the shenanigans and get to it
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 10:56 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:01 pm If you had a choice on who’d you rather, would you rather Berniers or Wright?

I think you made the 'Wright' choice there Chef.

Beniers looks like a star in the making. Wright looks like a poor man's Mike Ricci who is going to need two more years in the OHL and some time in the AHL after that to develop his game.

The Krak will probably rush him into the lineup to sell jerseys but realistically, he is at least two years away.
Good description of Wright. At this point now all one can hope for out of Wright is for him to maybe as decent as a Mike Ricci type
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Wright is an 18 yr old kid who has been told for 5 years he will be the next Sidney Crosby. The worst thing the Krack can do is rush him into the NHL as so many teams have done to similar players.

I'd demote him and let him earn a job in a few years as he's got the tools but his head is fucked up
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:03 am Wright is an 18 yr old kid who has been told for 5 years he will be the next Sidney Crosby. The worst thing the Krack can do is rush him into the NHL as so many teams have done to similar players.

I'd demote him and let him earn a job in a few years as he's got the tools but his head is fucked up
110%

Wright needs to cook on the OHL for sure. He has no confidence out there and looks lost, classic deer caught in the headlights. You worry about these “exceptional status” hockey kids in the Canadian hockey fishbowl. The media and fans here are obsessed with the “next one” and for that are too quick in lumping those lofty assumptions on 15 year olds who are not built to carry that pressure resulting in damaging the kids development instead of just letting him be. Wright obviously started reading his own headlines. One hopes that Befard won’t be ruined by the “next one” praises being put squarely on his shoulders. The one thing going for American kids growing up in USA hockey you don’t see those “next one” expectations being tossed about haphazardly like we do in Canada. The exceptional status rule is the dumbest thing ever and so Canada Hockey. It needs to stop.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 11:59 am
He's not small and addresses a couple of glaring needs, though. Can't fix 8 years of gaffs in 8-10 months, unfortunately.
Even if he were addressing glaring needs, he won't be doing it from the IR for 30-40 games, and will prevent actual improvements by tying up cap space.

Major opportunity cost to signing a player like IRlya, particularly when it wasn't even for a position of actual need (defence, not middle-6 winger).
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:18 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:47 pm Seattle rolled over them in two straight third periods. Unfinished business!
Those shirts will be worn by poor African villagers soon.

Part of me is wondering if this was a forced play by Baldy to keep showcasing Aman and Karlsson to make himself look good. Why are they wasting all this time when they're telling everyone its playoffs or bust? We don't even know if Martin is a capable backup yet.

I literally had PTSD tonight with this Green flashback of a performance.
Lol, potentially could very well be a windfall for those folks. Let's just hope we don't feel the same way about it in April as we do this morning.

I don't see any forced plays, the Boeser and Mikheyev injuries have opened up a spot, and I do think they're showcasing Dickinson and Pearson to a lesser degree to clear some cap, as Dhaliwal said, which would open up another for the time being.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:36 am So...what the fuck?

Just how slow are we? Anyone putting any stock into preseason losses?

I reckon it's time to ice your full lineup and win a couple here.
I'm not putting any stock until we see the full squad out there playing a full 60 minute type game. If they still resemble the TG teams of old instead of the BB team of last season, then its panic mode on. The worst thing is that it was pretty much the full D squad last night, you really see the true importance of Hughes.

I'm sure the media is in here stealing as usual when iMac is writing headlines like this: Clock ticking for team to gel ahead of important season

The org keeps talking about the importance of the season, making the playoffs and all of the players got ready earlier than usual and came in great shape... then they keep fucking around with half squads of minor leaguers. I've seen his Swedes more than the guys actually trying to play on the 4th line. Weed the prospects out quick, anyone can see that none of them are ready for the bigs.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!