Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 22-23 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

NYR trying hard to trade Lundkvist who isn't going to report to camp without a deal....glad the Canucks re-signed JT.
The Rangers are engaged in an accelerated effort to trade Nils Lundkvist after being notified the 22-year-old Swedish defenseman is unlikely to report to camp in the absence of a deal, The Post has been told by multiple sources.

Lundkvist, the third of the club’s first-round selections in the 2018 draft at 28th overall, turned in a lukewarm performance for the Blueshirts in his first North American season before being sent to the AHL Wolf Pack in mid-January after being leapfrogged by 20-year-old Braden Schneider on the right defense depth chart.

At the same time, though, the Blueshirts are seeking a semblance of equal value in return for Lundkvist, the slick, puck-moving, offense-oriented defenseman who is generously listed at 5-foot-10, 187 pounds.

https://nypost.com/2022/09/01/rangers-t ... -lundkvist
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm NYR trying hard to trade Lundkvist who isn't going to report to camp without a deal....glad the Canucks re-signed JT.
The Rangers are engaged in an accelerated effort to trade Nils Lundkvist after being notified the 22-year-old Swedish defenseman is unlikely to report to camp in the absence of a deal, The Post has been told by multiple sources.

Lundkvist, the third of the club’s first-round selections in the 2018 draft at 28th overall, turned in a lukewarm performance for the Blueshirts in his first North American season before being sent to the AHL Wolf Pack in mid-January after being leapfrogged by 20-year-old Braden Schneider on the right defense depth chart.

At the same time, though, the Blueshirts are seeking a semblance of equal value in return for Lundkvist, the slick, puck-moving, offense-oriented defenseman who is generously listed at 5-foot-10, 187 pounds.

Rathbone and Hoglander for Lundkvist + pick?
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Mëds wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:30 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:40 pm NYR trying hard to trade Lundkvist who isn't going to report to camp without a deal....glad the Canucks re-signed JT.

Rathbone and Hoglander for Lundkvist + pick?
Can't believe I missed this but, Mëds, take out one of Rathbone or Hoglander and I still wouldn't do that deal.
generously listed at 5-foot-10, 187 pounds
No, thanks.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

23 year old 6'6 LHD Nicolas Hague might be on the trade block.
negotiations between Nicolas Hague and the Vegas Golden Knights have not resulted in a new contract. Vince Sapienza also reported that if a new contract is not finalized before training camp, he will not attend and instead train elsewhere.

When things like this are reported, it’s understandable to be concerned. Sapienza noting that there’s a “lack of communication” between the two parties only adds more fuel to the fire. Therefore, if things do not resolve themselves, it certainly doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility that the Golden Knights could trade Hague.

https://thehockeywriters.com/golden-kni ... las-hague/
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:51 pm 23 year old 6'6 LHD Nicolas Hague might be on the trade block.
negotiations between Nicolas Hague and the Vegas Golden Knights have not resulted in a new contract. Vince Sapienza also reported that if a new contract is not finalized before training camp, he will not attend and instead train elsewhere.

When things like this are reported, it’s understandable to be concerned. Sapienza noting that there’s a “lack of communication” between the two parties only adds more fuel to the fire. Therefore, if things do not resolve themselves, it certainly doesn’t seem out of the realm of possibility that the Golden Knights could trade Hague.

https://thehockeywriters.com/golden-kni ... las-hague/
What are we giving up to get him SKYO?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:17 pm
SKYO wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:51 pm 23 year old 6'6 LHD Nicolas Hague might be on the trade block.
I don't even know what they need, DiPietro, Rathbone and a 2nd? that's cheap on the books, I think they need a young goalie for the future.

Or Hogz straight up for Hague....that's the type of player I'd trade hoglander for.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:18 pm
I don't even know what they need, DiPietro, Rathbone and a 2nd? that's cheap on the books, I think they need a young goalie for the future.

Or Hogz straight up for Hague....that's the type of player I'd trade hoglander for.
What is his next contract worth? If we have to pay him $3mil, he’d be hard to fit under the cap.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

It doesn't help that he's an oaf
If you need air...call it in
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

I don't see a fit with Hague, Skyo, but I would be very interested in a DiPietro+ deal for Kaedan Korczak, if Vegas is interested in adding a goalie. Korczak is projected to be a 6'3" shutdown RHD, played junior in Kelowna, and was selected with the pick immediately after Hoglander.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:43 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:18 pm Or Hogz straight up for Hague....that's the type of player I'd trade hoglander for.
I don't see a fit with Hague, Skyo, but I would be very interested in a DiPietro+ deal for Kaedan Korczak, if Vegas is interested in adding a goalie. Korczak is projected to be a 6'3" shutdown RHD, played junior in Kelowna, and was selected with the pick immediately after Hoglander.
Korczak I wanted in the 2019 draft.
SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm For the 2nd round to reiterate, I hope we take a dman - notably the righty Korczakian one.
Check his scouting report: https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/ka ... zak/31882/
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

The + would have to be something good as DiPietro has little to no trade value IMO.

RHD, even those that are still an unknown prospect can be expensive.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Dermott + Hogz + Dipietro for Hague + _______ + pick.

Helluva alot cheaper than Chychrun.
Hague Scouting Report

The huge defenseman has always had a big shot, and he is learning how to get into the best spots to use it. He skates well for someone with his size, and should see more ice time as he matures and his game improves. He has the physicality to play a solid shutdown role and enough offensive skill to contribute to the attack.

Long Range Potential: Towering minute-munching defenseman.

Having Myers, Hague, Schenn = not a very friendly defense to play against, it'll give Demko some much needed help, plus it's reminiscent of the 1994 defense, big rugged dmen with some QB's in Brown & Lumme.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

SKYO wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:52 pm
SKYO wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:18 pm Or Hogz straight up for Hague....that's the type of player I'd trade hoglander for.
Korczak I wanted in the 2019 draft.
SKYO wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:41 pm For the 2nd round to reiterate, I hope we take a dman - notably the righty Korczakian one.
Check his scouting report: https://www.draftsite.com/nhl/player/ka ... zak/31882/
He was a guy I had my eye on as well, and after reading the various draft profiles and projections, and while watching the draft, I thought they were going to select him as it was right around where he was projected to go and given the glaring organizational need.
2Fingers wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:24 am
The + would have to be something good as DiPietro has little to no trade value IMO.

RHD, even those that are still an unknown prospect can be expensive.
I agree, no doubt. I'd rather add a pick to that than adding to move a salary, and I'm not an advocate of trading Hoglander, especially within the division, but that's the type of player I'd be targeting in a Hog deal while expecting a sweetener from the other side.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO what about this trade:

Hoglander, Rathbone, Pearson, Dickinson, Myers, Horvat for Chychrun and Guenther?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:56 am SKYO what about this trade:

Hoglander, Rathbone, Pearson, Dickinson, Myers, Horvat for Chychrun and Guenther?
That's too crazy broham.. ha

Plus AZ has made it clear they want two 1st rounders, young roster player and a prospect for Chychrun, hence why he isn't traded yet, too expensive.