Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Tciso
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Tciso »

I have to agree
These kids only have a few years to make $$. Russia carries a lot of risk, but if you are comfortable with the risk, take their $$. Just don't get caught with a joint, or cry too loud if Putin fucks you over

I won't travel there, but if I was offered $1mil for 8 months work, I would build up my tolerance for potato vodka
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Imagine how well you could do for tail now that the west is shutting them down...you'd be clapping babes by the dozen
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:50 pm Imagine how well you could do for tail now that the west is shutting them down...you'd be clapping babes by the dozen
Also, according to filthy lying commies, you could bottle Russian hooker pee and get rich selling it to Trumpy-poo!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

No offer sheet for Sandin yet? I’d assume there’s a bunch of teams that’d be willing to add him at the cost of a 2nd round pick. :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sounds like Turris going to retire, he'll get $2M a year for another 6 years! thanks to Nashville buying him out.
@BCHLExpress
NEWS | Kyle Turris has been hired as Special Advisor to General Manager Tali Campbell and Player Development Coach for the upcoming season.
Capfriendly:

Kyle Turris has $43M in career earnings and 427pts in 776 GP

He was drafted 3rd overall in 2007 by PHX, and had a career that spanned 14 seasons with 4 teams (PHX, OTT, NSH, EDM)

He is still owed $12M in salary from his NSH buyout.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Lancer wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:04 pm Guys who play in the K reap what they sow. That economy is going to pop soon, so good luck collecting any of that contractual salary. May as well get paid in Canadian Tire bucks.
And if there is any justice Ukrainian bombs could start raining over Russian cities in an attempt to bring the war home to the aggressor.

Also, many artists who choose to work in Germany during WW2 saw their careers fizzle and die after the war as no one would touch them with a ten foot pool.

Hollywood had Greta Garbo and the German film industry had Zarah Leander. After the war, when she returned to Sweden, no one would hire her.

You already see some of that. Jonas Jerebko is probably the best Swedish basketball player of all time.
He decided to sign for CSKA Moscow, ie not just any Russian team, but the Russian Army team, after the war had started. :crazy:
The national team promptly announced that he’ll never be called on to represent his country again.
Last edited by Per on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

With Kadri going to Calgary $7 X 7, guess the Isles will have to pay up for JT.

C'mon Lou, u know u want to! Where else will u get a 99 pt player who can do all the things like JT? :P
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 10:54 am With Kadri going to Calgary $7 X 7, guess the Isles will have to pay up for JT.

C'mon Lou, u know u want to! Where else will u get a 99 pt player who can do all the things like JT? :P
The nice thing about this signing is that JT will have to put up anther 90+ points if he wants anything north of $8M.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I think this signing puts Calgary at the top of the Pacific. They have good forwards, very good defence, and very good goaltending.
The Canucks may have better forwards and just as good goaltending, but they are weak defensively. The Oilers have very good forwards, but questionable defence and goaltending. The kings have good depth all around but they need more experience. They could be really good, or maybe miss the playoffs. It depends on how they come together? Those should be the top four teams in the Pacific unless Vegas fixes its goaltending. Of course all this changes as people get injured, but to start the season that’s how I see it.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 pm I think this signing puts Calgary at the top of the Pacific. They have good forwards, very good defence, and very good goaltending.
The Canucks may have better forwards and just as good goaltending, but they are weak defensively. The Oilers have very good forwards, but questionable defence and goaltending. The kings have good depth all around but they need more experience. They could be really good, or maybe miss the playoffs. It depends on how they come together? Those should be the top four teams in the Pacific unless Vegas fixes its goaltending. Of course all this changes as people get injured, but to start the season that’s how I see it.
I think the Oilers will be on top of the pacific unfortunately. The Flames should be a playoff team at least.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

I think the Flames finish 1st in the Pacific, their D and goaltending are miles better IMO. It will pretty entertaining watching Kadri and Kane going after one another.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Some interesting RFA's.

Habs: Kirby Dach.

Stars: Oettinger (wants a similar Demko contract), Robertson (41g, 38a, 79pts!).

NYI: Dobson, Romanov, Bellows.

Sens: Brannstrom, Alex Formenton.

DET: Zadina. Leaves: Sandin. AZ: Hayton. LA: Durzi. VGK: Hague.

It's too bad we don't see much offersheets in the league, NBA done all the time isn't?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Curmudgeon wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:48 pm I think the Flames finish 1st in the Pacific, their D and goaltending are miles better IMO. It will pretty entertaining watching Kadri and Kane going after one another.
I hope you're right, but being a long time Flames fan, I don't get too excited about them. They have disappointed me way too many times in the past. :|
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Cherry Picker wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:03 pm I think this signing puts Calgary at the top of the Pacific. They have good forwards, very good defence, and very good goaltending.
Not sure when it comes to our little trio of Canadian teams in the NW.

As far as forward rankings go

1. McDavid (and it’s not even close)
2. Draisaitl
3. Huberdeau
4. Miller
5. Kane (if playing with McD otherwise he drops several spots)
6. Pettersson (if not pouting or hurt)
7. Lindholm
9. Kadri
8. Mangiawhatevery
9. Boeser
10. Horvat
11. Hyman (if playing with McD he could move up or down if not)
12. RNH
13. Toffoli

We have one skater in the top 5, and the other 3 guys in the top 10 could fall down that list easily considering some of the stretches of play we’ve seen from them the last few years.

Pod, Hoglander, Mikheyev, and Garland, are very crucial to the Canucks success this year. If Pod and Hog take a solid step forward and Garland returns to his AZ form, then I like our chances to compete with scoring depth. Otherwise we’re in a tough spot.

We have the best goaltender in Demko, Markstrom has the numbers but he plays behind a way better defence (and he cratered in the playoffs).

We have the best single skater on the blue line in Hughes, but Calgary has the best all round D corps by a good margin. Edmonton is probably on par with us. Nurse is overpaid and his offensive production is completely reliant upon McDavid and Draisaitl.

I’d say McDavid makes Edmonton the top team, but if he gets hurt they are a bubble/wild card team. Flames are very likely a top 6 team in the west. Canucks should be a wildcard team and possibly better.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Mëds wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:25 pm
Not sure when it comes to our little trio of Canadian teams in the NW

As far as forward rankings go

1. McDavid (and it’s not even close)
2. Draisaitl
3. Huberdeau
4. Miller
5. Kane (if playing with McD otherwise he drops several spots)
6. Pettersson (if not pouting or hurt)
7. Lindholm
9. Kadri
8. Mangiawhatevery
9. Boeser
10. Horvat
11. Hyman (if playing with McD he could move up or down if not)
12. RNH
13. Toffoli
That's regular season. Here's the top 10 list when the games actually matter...

1. Horvat
2. Draisaitl
3. Pettersson
4. McDavid
5. Miller
6. Kane
7. Lindholm
8. Kadri
9. Uberdough
10. Toffoli

8-)
If you need air...call it in