Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Canucks News n Notes 22-23

Post by Topper »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:17 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:08 am I just said they’re out to lunch if they think this team is a cup contender
Are they really out to lunch?

-.You have one of the leagues best young goaltenders
- You have one of the Leagues best young no. 1 D-man
- You are stacked at centre with - Pettersson, Bo & JT
- A great top 6 winger group - Podkolzin, Mikheylev, Kuzmenko, Boeser, Garland, Hoglander
- A great 4th line - Lazar, Dickinson, Pearson, Lockwood

It’s a fantastic team, Vin.
Where's the beef?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I do find it interesting how it’s looking like it will go full circle. Doyle refused to give the previous GM’s to Gillis any credit. Will he do the same thing with this new regime if they succeed? Will my friend Doyle give any credit to Benning for Allvin and Ruth’s future success with the core Jim put in place?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:13 am I do find it interesting how it’s looking like it will go full circle. Doyle refused to give the previous GM’s to Gillis any credit. Will he do the same thing with this new regime if they succeed? Will my friend Doyle give any credit to Benning for Allvin and Ruth’s future success with the core Jim put in place?
There isn’t a shred of truth in this post.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Topper wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 6:50 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:17 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:08 am I just said they’re out to lunch if they think this team is a cup contender
Are they really out to lunch?

-.You have one of the leagues best young goaltenders
- You have one of the Leagues best young no. 1 D-man
- You are stacked at centre with - Pettersson, Bo & JT
- A great top 6 winger group - Podkolzin, Mikheylev, Kuzmenko, Boeser, Garland, Hoglander
- A great 4th line - Lazar, Dickinson, Pearson, Lockwood

It’s a fantastic team, Vin.
Where's the beef?
If all the teams were restricted to only playing one defensemen for the whole game, the Canucks would be golden.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

All I hope is we get the 2019/20 version of 6'2" 200lbs C/W Jason Dickinson: 9 goals, 12 assists.

Shockingly, he's muchos better in the playoffs, could surprise for us if the Vancouver Canucks make it.

JD Post Season:

2018/19: 13 games, 3g, 2a, 5pts
2019/20: 27 games, 2g, 2a, 4pts

I think that's why the Dallas Stars fans liked him the most when he was dealt to your Canucks, and what JB envisioned in acquiring players who were more built for the playoffs.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Start of Offseason I said:
Lineup coming back (as on the roster before draft day) - lines not fixed, just posted for speculation)

Podkolzin - Pettersson - Boesser
Garland - Miller** - Kuzmenko (if he makes the team) **Miller, depending if he traded or not**
Pearson - Horvat - Hoglander (could be swapped with Kuzmenko) ** if no Miller, Horvat is 2C, and we need a replacement 3C
(Lockwood) - Lammiko - Highmore (Lockwood if he makes it out of training camp)

Hughes - Schenn
OEL - War Giraffe
Rathbone - Dermott/Poolman
Hunt -Hegone..

Demko
Martin (or Mikey)
Looks like the 4th line will be completely rebuilt..
'10of9'- Dickenson - Lazar (10of9 is whichever of the 10 top 9 forwards doesn't make the top 9 out of camp.. prolly Hoglander or Pearson)
Joshua is extra forward

On Defence,
If Poolmam is healthy (the rumor), then its Dermot and Ratbone fighting for 6th spot

Looking at that, Man.. Do I ever want to trade Miller for a RHD and a 1st, Offer 7x3 to Kadri and move on from Dickenson and Dermot...
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:49 am Looking at that, Man.. Do I ever want to trade Miller for a RHD and a 1st, Offer 7x3 to Kadri and move on from Dickenson and Dermot...
Wonder if Kadri would take 7x3 now, if the NYI contract in the desk rumors aren't true, it might be enticing. Training camp isn't far off.........

If he would, this would make a lot of sense. We would keep our centre depth, add a hopefully good young RHD and another prospect from a deep draft.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sounds like Kadri and the Isles will be around 7x7......a good comp' for JT's agent, Bo's agent & GM Allvin/JR to look at.
We heard that the Nazem Kadri deal could be around $7 million annually over a seven-year frame, which was reported back on July 31.

Back on Aug. 8, I spoke to someone who shared that because the Islanders were struggling to move Josh Bailey and his $5 million, 25-year-old Anthony Beauvillier and his $4.15 million annual cap hit were being shopped as a Plan B.

As much as Lou Lamoriello loves to wait to announce his moves, it would be close to impossible to hide a trade, a trade that would need to be made real soon.

https://nyihockeynow.com/new-york-islan ... amoriello/
I'm good with JT here for this upcoming season, as depth reigns king in the NHL. If the team and JT can't come to a reasonable 6 year deal, then he's off to the highest bidder come TDD.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I’m excited for the upcoming season as it looks like JT Miller will be here for at least one more season. What a stacked forward group!!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:16 pm I’m excited for the upcoming season as it looks like JT Miller will be here for at least one more season. What a stacked forward group!!
Doyle you won't be allowed to join in any #Benningbuilt Stanley Cup championship festivities until you acknowledge the geniosity and bow your cul-de-sac to the Genius Jimothy Elmothy Benning
If you need air...call it in
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:16 pm I’m excited for the upcoming season as it looks like JT Miller will be here for at least one more season. What a stacked forward group!!
1 year window...........get er done
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:04 pm
1 year window...........get er done
Could be a cup run year!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks could still sign De Haan.
Dhaliwal saying the Canucks are in on Calvin De Haan, also believes Poolman is still having headache issues
Our buddy Rick Dhaliwal reporting today that the Canucks may still land a free-agent defenceman.

No, not P.K. Subban, but Calvin de Haan, a 31-year-old who can play the left or right side.
De Haan had just eight points (four goals) for the Chicago Blackhawks last year, the final season of a deal that paid him $4.55 million.

Surely he will be cheaper in mid-August and in a free agent season effectively locked by the flat salary cap.

And as we always say, if it’s a one-year deal of $1.125 million or less, then all the salary can be buried in the minors if the player doesn’t work out, and there is no cap cost to the Canucks, just to ownership’s wallet.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks ... an-signing
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Don’t see the point of getting De Haan unless they can move out Dermott and save cap space. The left handed defensemen already include Hughes, OEL, Rathbone, and Dermott. De Hann’s 8 points and minus -21 doesn’t give much confidence he’ll help much.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm Don’t see the point of getting De Haan unless they can move out Dermott and save cap space.
Make it so!

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm The left handed defensemen already include Hughes, OEL, Rathbone, and Dermott.
True. As an aside I've been wondering if the plan might be to move one of Hughes/OEL to the right side.

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm De Hann’s 8 points and minus -21 doesn’t give much confidence he’ll help much.
Blackhawks though.

Seth Jones was -37 and Jake McCabe -27.

Poolperson on LTIR, OEL on the right side, and Dermott for a 3rd...

Hughes - OEL
De Hann - Myers
Rathbone - Schenn
Burroughs

Stack 'em, pack 'em, and rack 'em.
____
Try to focus on someday.